343 Industries Cracks Down on Halo 4 Sexism

Everything in life is subjective, if you dont push it close to the limit I highly doubt you will get banned. They are surely doing this to appease parents and girls after a slew of bad press, that made it to the main stream media.

And lets be honest if any of you acted half as bad as these situations in real life, you know at work etc, there would probably be some sort of negative reaction, you could get fired, so losing out on a couple hundred dollars worth of games / consoles does not seem that crazy when you think about it that way. Most of the stuff they are concerned with is pretty vulgar, sure I have heard it on a daily basis online but in real life I do not think I have ever seen a person in person badger someone that bad.

The internet is / was the wild west were anything went but as it becomes more mainstream and as it becomes a more important part of our lives expect some of the same courtesy we respect in personal situations to be expected in various channels online.

@Crimeandevil & techrat

Tell me why all these woman on http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ are allowed to call men fat disgusting virgins who have never touched a pussy in their life, and if I respond back to them "You're just a fat ugly bulldyke that can't get any" they run SCREACHING for their hugbox because its ok for them to be sexist, but its not ok for me to make a sexist comment back?

If that website -JUST- stuck to posting stupid shit -ALL- people online say, I wouldn't have gave a crap, but the website isn't, its just a website pointing out how -EVIL- men are, how -WRONG- men are, that -MEN- only say hurtful things online, and if I -DARE- stand up for myself I'm called a Misogynist, which is -A SEXIST REMARK ON TOP OF BEING SLANDER-

Again, -ONLY- after the Feminst groups got full speed on this "Outrage" that woman online were being insulted has the media started slinging shit about this. Nobody gave a flying fuck about the two boys that shot up columbine, and they -STILL- don't. These boys were abused their entire fucking lives by fucking everyone, got extremely sick in the head and lashed out. Instead of -UNDERSTANDING- these boys and how what everyone did around them is -WRONG-, everyone calls them "FUCKING FAGGOT LOSER COWARDS etc" cause they were never popular.

Yet Amanda todd kills herself, for something -SHE- did for exposing her breasts online cause she's a fucking retard, and instead of calling it as she is, everyone gathers around and -CRIES FOR HER BECAUSE SHE WAS AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN WHO WAS ACTUALLY POPULAR IN SCHOOL-

All these children hyper over-reacted, except Amanda Todd is being -PRAISED- for being a gutless fucking coward for the fact she was PRETTY AND POPULAR and all her abuse was -SELF CAUSED BY HER-, and everyone wants to rip the columbine kids a new one cause their "Losers" and it was -EVERYONE ELSE WHO WAS ABUSING THEM THAT CAUSED THIS-

How much do you want to be that more then 95% of the comments on http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ towards these woman was cause it was their -OWN- fault, that it was cause they said something -REALLY- stupid online, and like Amanda Todd they can't fucking own up too their stupidity, so rather then -FIX THEMSELVES- they'll fix the world -TO SUIT THEIR VIEWS-

I'm god damn fucking tired of this shit, I get trash talked equally online by both men and woman, yet nobody gives a shit about what men say about this in the media, and only give a shit what woman say about this in the media. This is flat out fucking horse shit and you god damn well bloody know it.

Look at the feminist outcry over Derpy Hooves for fuck sakes, they bitched and moaned and screamed because her voice was "Derpy" in tone, not in style, so they got her voice changed and now the character is never going to talk again -NOR- has she done anything clutzy on the show since.

When approaching these -SAME- group of feminist blowhards about Snip and Snails, two other ponies on MLP, and what they think about them....

"Whats wrong with them?"

I fucking can't take feminists seriously. I can't, I just fucking can't. They aren't right in the fucking head, they don't give a shit about equal rights, they want exceptions. They're special snowflakes, we're disposable fucktoy labor in their eyes.

Wow. The amount of disillusion is staggering... There is no way I can take any of that seriously. It's just so full of wrongness at every point. lol

Yeah. Lets just pretend this isn't an issue. Let's do that and reinforce the stereotype that gamers are all just misogynistic morons. That'll be just GREAT for progressing the idea that games are also a form of art and story telling on top of alienating over 3 billion people on this planet. :rolleyes:

There are far bigger issues in the world than what some loudmouth on XBox Live said.

If the feminists were truly concerned about women's rights, they'd be over in the Middle East because that is where the effort is actually needed. If all you have to worry about is some anonymous XBox player, then I'd say you have it pretty good.

The XBox 360 is immoral because it is a proprietary locked down platform that is user-hostile and an enemy of user freedom. The fact that the device is tied to a single service with no option to use a competing service is unethical. This is just another example of why such things are so dangerous; a duo of man-hating feminists with nothing better to do were put in charge of Halo 4 and the result is this. If you think that men are the only ones capable of such "sexism", you are deluded because I assure you that women gossip all the time with such talk about men.

Note to Men vs. Women inequality in the world.

Cut up a 4 day old little baby girl and remove a nerve cluster that accounts for 1/2 of intercourse stimulation and you'll be tried for assault and battery, be marked for life as a pedo, and probably be raped half to death in jail. Same kind of procedure on a 4 day old little baby boy and you'll get paid, recognized for your religious adherence and allowed to continue with your days.

Guys we have to get over it, there is NO gender equality and there likely never will be, because most guys don't give a flying fuck about it.

And yes, it really pisses me off.

There are far bigger issues in the world than what some loudmouth on XBox Live said.

If the feminists were truly concerned about women's rights, they'd be over in the Middle East because that is where the effort is actually needed. If all you have to worry about is some anonymous XBox player, then I'd say you have it pretty good.

The XBox 360 is immoral because it is a proprietary locked down platform that is user-hostile and an enemy of user freedom. The fact that the device is tied to a single service with no option to use a competing service is unethical. This is just another example of why such things are so dangerous; a duo of man-hating feminists with nothing better to do were put in charge of Halo 4 and the result is this. If you think that men are the only ones capable of such "sexism", you are deluded because I assure you that women gossip all the time with such talk about men.

Feminists won't go oversea's to fight for woman's rights though, cause it actually puts them in danger, and feminists won't stray from their hugboxes

Speaking of sexist :
Crimand_Evil.jpg

Nailing my sister? Hmm.

Speaking of sexist :
Crimand_Evil.jpg

Nailing my sister? Hmm.

I wasn't going to resort too that, I was having too much fun letting him hang himself with words to resort to posting that.

But since its now out in the open, I shall reply with a Nelson "HAW HAW!!!"

Attention people who's feelings were hurt online.

Harden the fuck up.

That is all.

This is what you people are defending.....
http://fatuglyorslutty.com/

I don't understand how this is a bad thing at all. These people talk about gaming, competition and all that being the only thing that really matters and yet they're bitching and moaning over a new policy that comes down to "don't be a douche." Seriously?

Personally I'm not defending that at all. It doesn't really bother me either, but I'm not defending it. I just think it's retarded to have to single out sexism, gamers aren't misogynistic pricks, they're all round abusive pricks, singling out sexism is in itself sexism :p Just make it a "you must be friendly or get banned for a week" rule and that's all that needs to be done. No need to make it about sexism or feminists and all that shit.

Secondly, perma bans for SAYING something I think is just wrong. It should be a warning first then a temporary ban/suspension. There's no good way to police it that would justify a permanant ban.

Speaking of sexist :
Crimand_Evil.jpg

Nailing my sister? Hmm.

Also clearly the only reaction we have to Crim's comments on his userpage is banning him from hardOCP for life, cause we need to PROTECT all these fragile woman from all these "Sexist assholes online"

@Crimeandevil & techrat

Tell me why all these woman on http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ are allowed to call men fat disgusting virgins who have never touched a pussy in their life, and if I respond back to them "You're just a fat ugly bulldyke that can't get any" they run SCREACHING for their hugbox because its ok for them to be sexist, but its not ok for me to make a sexist comment back?

If that website -JUST- stuck to posting stupid shit -ALL- people online say, I wouldn't have gave a crap, but the website isn't, its just a website pointing out how -EVIL- men are, how -WRONG- men are, that -MEN- only say hurtful things online, and if I -DARE- stand up for myself I'm called a Misogynist, which is -A SEXIST REMARK ON TOP OF BEING SLANDER-
Again, -ONLY- after the Feminst groups got full speed on this "Outrage" that woman online were being insulted has the media started slinging shit about this.
Yeah, lets just pretend that sexism in gaming hasn't been a topic in the GAMING PRESS and then mainstream press over the last year. Let's just pretend that many in the Gaming Industry hasn't been pushing for something like this for a while now. :rolleyes:
Nobody gave a flying fuck about the two boys that shot up columbine, and they -STILL- don't. These boys were abused their entire fucking lives by fucking everyone, got extremely sick in the head and lashed out. Instead of -UNDERSTANDING- these boys and how what everyone did around them is -WRONG-, everyone calls them "FUCKING FAGGOT LOSER COWARDS etc" cause they were never popular.
Okay. Defend two coward murders all you want but it doesn't change the facts. These two were known bullies. I know. I live around here and had/have friends who went to Columbine. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking since you try and portray them as nothing more then "misunderstood" and "abused" when all they were was psychopaths.
Yet Amanda todd kills herself, for something -SHE- did for exposing her breasts online cause she's a fucking retard, and instead of calling it as she is, everyone gathers around and -CRIES FOR HER BECAUSE SHE WAS AN ATTRACTIVE WOMAN WHO WAS ACTUALLY POPULAR IN SCHOOL-
Amanda Todd was a stupid whore. What's you're point? :rolleyes:
How much do you want to be that more then 95% of the comments on http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ towards these woman was cause it was their -OWN- fault, that it was cause they said something -REALLY- stupid online, and like Amanda Todd they can't fucking own up too their stupidity, so rather then -FIX THEMSELVES- they'll fix the world -TO SUIT THEIR VIEWS-
Yeah. They were all asking for it. :rolleyes: I've seen this kind of behavior first hand. I use to game with an old GF and she got shit like this all the time. She put up with it cause she loved gaming. She has since quit because of it.
I'm god damn fucking tired of this shit, I get trash talked equally online by both men and woman, yet nobody gives a shit about what men say about this in the media, and only give a shit what woman say about this in the media. This is flat out fucking horse shit and you god damn well bloody know it.
And here's the crux of your problem. YOU feel bullied. YOU feel oppressed and disrespected and yet, instead of fixing the problem YOU want to force others to feel the way you have been treated. You know what? Grow up. Be a man. The gaming "culture" needs to change for the better. People need to stop acting like cry baby 12 year olds and treat others proper regardless of their gender. It's people like you that are holding gaming back.
Look at the feminist outcry over Derpy Hooves for fuck sakes, they bitched and moaned and screamed because her voice was "Derpy" in tone, not in style, so they got her voice changed and now the character is never going to talk again -NOR- has she done anything clutzy on the show since.
Wow. See? How does this have ANYTHING TO DO WITH SEXISM?? The mentally handicapped people had an issue with Derpy. :rolleyes: And they are wrong about it too. Derpy was a positive image.
When approaching these -SAME- group of feminist blowhards about Snip and Snails, two other ponies on MLP, and what they think about them....

"Whats wrong with them?"
You know what? I have to fucking agree with that. So what? Two boy ponies named "Snips and Snails," how cute. What's your fucking point? Are YOU somehow offended by two boy ponies? :rolleyes:
I fucking can't take feminists seriously. I can't, I just fucking can't. They aren't right in the fucking head, they don't give a shit about equal rights, they want exceptions. They're special snowflakes, we're disposable fucktoy labor in their eyes.
Yeah, they're the ones that want it. :rolleyes:

Also clearly the only reaction we have to Crim's comments on his userpage is banning him from hardOCP for life, cause we need to PROTECT all these fragile woman from all these "Sexist assholes online"

See? I know all your issues just stem of jealousy. lol

Ahhh, true feminism at work Crim. Bravo.

Lets break down all your replies shall we, and we'll apply the common feminist rebuttles to them

Feminism 101: If it affects men, ignore it, if it affects woman, destroy it

"Yeah, lets just pretend that sexism in gaming hasn't been a topic in the GAMING PRESS and then mainstream press over the last year. Let's just pretend that many in the Gaming Industry hasn't been pushing for something like this for a while now."

Nobody gives a -FLYING FUCK- about sexism in online gaming. We still don't, and we shouldn't. Sexism is -NOT A SPECIAL CLASS- of online bullying. ONLINE BULLYING IS JUST ONLINE BULLYING!!. Feminists though are screaming that we need to -CLASSIFY- this bullying, and that sexist comments towards woman "ARE LIKE THE WORST EVER!!!"

Again, nobody gave a shit when guys were being called "Fucking loser you're probably a wetback go mow my lawn", but a woman gets a "Haw, go make me a sandwich" comment and HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES!!!.

Feminist Logic 101: If you can't dismiss a counter point, deflect it and trivialize it.

"Okay. Defend two coward murders all you want but it doesn't change the facts. These two were known bullies. I know. I live around here and had/have friends who went to Columbine. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking since you try and portray them as nothing more then "misunderstood" and "abused" when all they were was psychopaths"

"Amanda Todd was a stupid whore. What's you're point?"

You demonized the shooters, which I knew you would, then you demonized Amanda next too her, when the whole time I was talking about the -MAJORITY PUBLIC PRESSES REACTION- and not personal reactions.

Feminist Logic 101: If it supports your cause, make a major issue out of a single example.

"Yeah. They were all asking for it. I've seen this kind of behavior first hand. I use to game with an old GF and she got shit like this all the time. She put up with it cause she loved gaming. She has since quit because of it."

You pulled the "Well -MY- girlfriend got trash talked online, I've seen it first hand. she did nothing wrong I swear!" and I'm going to repeat my comment that the -ONLY- woman I see trash talked online are the ones that fucking stick their foots in their mouths.

I don't see the press freaking out over woman online saying how much they want to suck Orlando Blooms cock, that's sexist isn't it? And TONS of woman are doing it. How is this not sexist?

Feminist logic 101: If you can't marginalize, trivialize it

"And here's the crux of your problem. YOU feel bullied. YOU feel oppressed and disrespected and yet, instead of fixing the problem YOU want to force others to feel the way you have been treated. You know what? Grow up. Be a man. The gaming "culture" needs to change for the better. People need to stop acting like cry baby 12 year olds and treat others proper regardless of their gender. It's people like you that are holding gaming back."

Here's the "Crux" of my reply. A -few- woman online get treated like crap. Instead of growing a thicker skin, something basic fucking PUBLIC SCHOOL should have taught you, they need to "STOP ALL THIS HATRED OF WOMAN!"

I don't see you standing there and telling all these woman "GROW UP! BE A WOMAN!"

Feminist Logic 101: if it affects men, ignore it, if it affects woman, destroy it

"Wow. See? How does this have ANYTHING TO DO WITH SEXISM?? The mentally handicapped people had an issue with Derpy. And they are wrong about it too. Derpy was a positive image.

You know what? I have to fucking agree with that. So what? Two boy ponies named "Snips and Snails," how cute. What's your fucking point? Are YOU somehow offended by two boy ponies?"

So you are saying its not ok for Derpy to sound "Retarded" because she sounds "Handicapped" but its ok for Snipps and Snails to sound "Retarded" and "Handicapped" because......you've lost me here, you just committed sexism by saying its not ok for girls to sound stupid, but its ok for guys to sound stupid.

Feminist Logic 101: If you can't refute a point, ignore it

"Yeah, they're the ones that want it"

I don't see how that applies too "I fucking can't take feminists seriously. I can't, I just fucking can't. They aren't right in the fucking head, they don't give a shit about equal rights, they want exceptions. They're special snowflakes, we're disposable fucktoy labor in their eyes"

Even more funny is you pulled the "Rape" card on this one with your statement, by alluding that "All woman online want to be talked to online like this cause they deserve it for being woman"

So that's my reply in a nutshell, I can't wait to see what you spew next.

"Hi! Wanna go kill these guys!"

"We're girls you sexist pig!"

*BAN*

Our game about killing things and blowing shit up will not tolerate anything that could ever possibly be construed as sexist!

If you say "hello" you're sexist! *BAN!*

If you tell someone who's raging about being killed endlessly to "stop bitching" you're sexist. *BAN*

If you play our game, YOU MUST BE SEXIST! *BAN!*

Fucking dumbasses. The lot of them.

Zero tolerance bullshit causes infinitely more problems than it solves.

Sorry, but I'm not responsible for what some other chuckle-head decides to get upset about.

It seems sexism towards women spurred this, but the article refers to sexism generally and doesn't specifically single out females as being the only potential victims of the ban hammer. Like some others here, I don't see the need for the huge outcry. If you're broadcasting sexist or bigoted language for all to hear, I'd gladly see you removed from my gaming experience, even more so if I was the target. However, a permanent ban from online gaming is way overboard in my opinion. A time out or a warning seems more appropriate.

Sexism and harassment of that nature needs to disappear anyway. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be treated with respect when you're there to enjoy a pastime. The argument that it's just the nature of gaming to be obnoxious and an all around prick doesn't hold any water, and thickening one's skin doesn't do anything to address the underlying problem.

As I said though, in this case, zero tolerance is a step too far. Make them sit out from playing for a while.

It seems sexism towards women spurred this, but the article refers to sexism generally and doesn't specifically single out females as being the only potential victims of the ban hammer. Like some others here, I don't see the need for the huge outcry. If you're broadcasting sexist or bigoted language for all to hear, I'd gladly see you removed from my gaming experience, even more so if I was the target. However, a permanent ban from online gaming is way overboard in my opinion. A time out or a warning seems more appropriate.

Sexism and harassment of that nature needs to disappear anyway. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be treated with respect when you're there to enjoy a pastime. The argument that it's just the nature of gaming to be obnoxious and an all around prick doesn't hold any water, and thickening one's skin doesn't do anything to address the underlying problem.

As I said though, in this case, zero tolerance is a step too far. Make them sit out from playing for a while.

Harassment is part of competition, if you don't like it just mute them. Honestly if 15 year olds calling you "ghey" online gets under your skin I really don't know how to help you.

Who gives a fuck, it's an online video game. If you're playing an M rated game, then you should be capable of hearing about how someone did (comically profane thing here) without breaking into hysterics. If you're not having fun, go do something else or find other people.

This about sums up my online gaming experiences.
itsmachinecode.png

Sexism and harassment of that nature needs to disappear anyway. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be treated with respect when you're there to enjoy a pastime.

I wish online bullying would vanish period too, I really wish it would

The problem is, like you just did, nobody cares about the online bullying, they only care that "People are making sexist comments!"

Online hate speech is online hate speech, when we start doing stupid fucking shit like -CLASSIFY- it and give it -RANKINGS- we've clearly lost sight of our original goals in making the online gaming world a more fun place to be. By -ONLY- caring about the sexist comments, and everything else doesn't matter, we are picking and choosing what is said online.

This is censorship, and its also against your basic human rights for crying out loud.

because zero tolerance has worked out so well in the past... like when a kid brings a nerf gun to class and then gets expelled "because it's a gun"

What about the slippery slope argument? They will ban over someone over the simple accusation of sexism but not if someone calls you gay? or even "stupid head"? Where does it end? The best solution is to not even start.

This country and most of it's population is already largely pussified - can't take a joke? can't take a little sexism? or trash talk? then fuck you go to another country.

Look broseph, you can't just slip right into communism. You have to inch your way there so that the people slowly develop to that being the norm :(

Also, feminism is the funniest concept ever made. We are the only nation stupid enough to even think of this and/or accept it :rolleyes:

Woman: *Ahem* I Would like all the pro's that come with being a man.

Man: "Ok - I will be taking all of those pro's of being a woman from you - and you will also receive the con's of being a man"

Woman: "Oh no thats ok - I'll just take the pro's, I don't want the con's - and I'll definitely be keeping the good parts of being a woman too!"

I think its great they are starting to do this, there is way too much trash that people talk on xbox live! that I essentially just put it on mute.

Good on MS, but you should of started doing something sooner instead of waiting for it to hit rock bottom.

Yes, afterall Censorship is a wonderful thing to have.

How about designating 18 and above only servers instead?

"Men don't get attacked for being men"

Too fat, too old, too bald, too skinny, too weak, not manly, dick too small..........

Wow, we sure got it made in the world!

Sexism and insulting comments is a two way street. You think men don't get harassed online?

I frankly don't give a flying -SHIT- about what "Type" of comments are being made towards men -OR- woman online. I don't see how a man being yelled at "You fucking faggot negro jew sandmonkey! I'm going to dance on your grave!" is less offensive then "Shut up and get in the kitchen!" to a woman.

They're BOTH EQUALLY OFFENSIVE, saying one is -MORE- offensive is feminist bullshit and feminists wanting exceptions online.

I've been called FAT all my fucking life, I don't demand the entire online community break down and cater to me. Why? Cause I got better things to do with my life then "Complain about all the meany people online!"

I had a woman on TF2 yesterday insult me after killing me saying "Haw, fucking owned you, shoved your dick up your ass", I didn't -RUN TO THE FUCKING PRESS- about how evil -ALL- woman online are. This was -ONE- woman making sexist remarks online, why should we change -ALL- gaming for what -ONE- person did?

Men don't give each other shit for being men. What is hard to understand about that?

Yes, afterall Censorship is a wonderful thing to have.

How about designating 18 and above only servers instead?

Makes too much sense. Just like everything else that is wrong in the world. Common sense? What dat? Who dere?

*pat-pats* It's okay...all women are feminists and personally out to have your two best friends removed. Are you a smoker, by the way?

"All woman are feminsts"

No, all feminists are feminists. Some woman are feminists. Some is not equal too all (I've only said that like 50+ times in this forum thread)

You still are trying to say men don't pick on other men for being men

"Haw, I bet your dick is small!"

"Fucking wuss, real man could move that box!"

"Crybaby, a real man wouldn't cry over such a small cut"

And on....and on...........and on....and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....................

White knighting 101:

- Men are evil
- Women are innocent angels

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth...

Men don't give each other shit for being men. What is hard to understand about that?

They don't, but they give each other shit for basically everything else :p

Race, sexual orientation, physical appearance or ability, basement dwelling or just flat out screaming obscenities and vulgarity.

That's why I don't understand why we have to single out sexism. It's not that I'm "for" sexism, it just reeks of pandering to the "poor innocent girl" attitude when you ignore all the regular abuse and vulgarity to single out sexism. Online gamers are fucking pricks, we all know this, they aren't sexist pricks, they're just pricks. If you want to improve the environment of online gaming, just make it "no abuse, no swearing" and be done with it instead of having to single out the poor little defenceless women :)rolleyes:).

Women want equality - well guys rip each other over whatever will most get under the skin of the other fellow including calling him a woman and other derrogatory terms. So if equality is what you want I think it is there now.

I could see policing this stuff in farmville or my little pony online but in a game where the object is to obliterate your opponent it seems kind of silly.

Wow. The amount of disillusion is staggering... There is no way I can take any of that seriously. It's just so full of wrongness at every point. lol

Exactly. He went straight to my ignore list after that wall of douchy text.

Feminist Logic 101: If you can't refute a point, ignore it

Seriously, its like that episode of big bang theory where Sheldon and Leonard are arguing

"Sheldon, how am I wrong about this?"

"You just are"

"So what, you're always right about everything?"

"Glad you're getting with the program *Cue audience laughter*"

You pay $50 a year for XBL ($60 now I think it went up unless you get deals), whether you like the trash talk or not there is ALWAYS the ability to block and mute players.

Absolutely ridiculous how low Microsoft has gone with that service. If it was free that would be another story altogether, but it isn't and tools are built in to stop harassment.

Seriously, its like that episode of big bang theory where Sheldon and Leonard are arguing

"Sheldon, how am I wrong about this?"

"You just are"

"So what, you're always right about everything?"

"Glad you're getting with the program *Cue audience laughter*"

It might be sort fo flawed to equate real life to things you see on TV. I don't wanna be the one to break it to you, but most stuff on TV sitcoms isn't real (yes, that includes professional wrestling :( ).

Back