343 Industries Cracks Down on Halo 4 Sexism

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft and 343 Industries are taking steps to halt the rise of sexism with the adoption a Zero Tolerance policy while playing Xbox Live. If a gamer is found to be making sexist remarks, they could earn themselves a lifetime ban from Xbox Live. If you are a Neanderthal thinking sexist male chauvinist pig, you had better mend your thinking or put a muzzle on it while gaming. ;)

“There are always going to be jerks out there, and if you give them a way to express that side of their personality without being seen, you’re going to see this type of behavior manifest itself.”

And so begins the fall of Xbox... Nothing will kill you quicker than banning your core audience. :p

Did i miss something? Are there scantly clad women now in halo4 or is everyone getting a hardon for master chief?

Fantastic, an self appointed moderation squad, with no means of defense, there is no way this will backfire right? :p

because zero tolerance has worked out so well in the past... like when a kid brings a nerf gun to class and then gets expelled "because it's a gun"

What about the slippery slope argument? They will ban over someone over the simple accusation of sexism but not if someone calls you gay? or even "stupid head"? Where does it end? The best solution is to not even start.

This country and most of it's population is already largely pussified - can't take a joke? can't take a little sexism? or trash talk? then fuck you go to another country.

They just need to get rid of the CoD morons (you know, the myg0t types)...

I think its great they are starting to do this, there is way too much trash that people talk on xbox live! that I essentially just put it on mute.

Good on MS, but you should of started doing something sooner instead of waiting for it to hit rock bottom.

So xbox live membership will be dwindled down to about a quarter of what it is now I'd say. And thankfully all the 5-12 year olds who play these M rated games, are generally the worst when it comes to this stuff, at least in my experience. Well and your average neckbeard. But these kids should not be playing the game to being with. It all comes down to horrible parenting. Period. Parents are spending less time with their kids, and ignoring their upbringing. We already have a generation of self entitled pansies who think they should get a medal for showing up to work on time. What's next? A generation of throwbacks who take us back to the 1920's? as well as thinking they deserve a promotion for showing up to work on time?

And so begins the fall of Xbox... Nothing will kill you quicker than banning your core audience. :p

I honestly thought Xbox live died long ago. It was notoriously known to be full of shit. This is just Microsoft admitting that it is, and finally doing something to fix it.

Though this wouldn't be such a big deal if Microsoft didn't charge people for using it, unlike Playstation Network. Then again, another reason why Xbox Live is shit.

because zero tolerance has worked out so well in the past... like when a kid brings a nerf gun to class and then gets expelled "because it's a gun"

What about the slippery slope argument? They will ban over someone over the simple accusation of sexism but not if someone calls you gay? or even "stupid head"? Where does it end? The best solution is to not even start.

This country and most of it's population is already largely pussified - can't take a joke? can't take a little sexism? or trash talk? then fuck you go to another country.

I always said that the best solution to this problem is a player rating system. Let players rate players, and their conduct. That way players can choose to play with them or not.

So playing Halo 4 with your friends and calling one of them a because he got a good shot on you can get you banned from Live now just because some moderator was listening in and got offended? Yeah, there is no way this goes wrong. Yeah there are assholes on Live but there is already a way to flag them for being assholes. How about we actually use that system instead of an in game wiretap by someone who might not get what's actually going on.

Super-sensitive, emo gamers are going to be upset and offended that they can upset and offend other people with trash talk in a game. Maybe the people offended by the new policy should grow thicker skins and stop being such whiners. :p

This could be the next hate crime! This one could start their protests go right next to the gay movement parade in San Francisco.

Funny all these feminists who cry about woman being subjected to rape comments online, and saying its unfair.

I don't see all these feminists standing up in "outrage" over men being forced into conscription in america too die for them, oh wait, why should they, its something that supports them, men are "Useless and only good for one thing" so why should they give a fuck about it?

Funny all these feminists who cry about woman being subjected to rape comments online, and saying its unfair.

I don't see all these feminists standing up in "outrage" over men being forced into conscription in america too die for them, oh wait, why should they, its something that supports them, men are "Useless and only good for one thing" so why should they give a fuck about it?

Uh, except for the fact that many women have been fighting for that same right too. :rolleyes:

Unless you're speaking historically, there is no draft in the US.

Unless you're speaking historically, there is no draft in the US.

There's been no draft because there's been no forced war, the draft only ended with the end of the vietnam war

They haven't had the need to do the draft for the middle east wars because we have enough troops, if we -DIDN'T- have enough troops, I wouldn't doubt there would be a draft again.

Also, woman have been fighting for the right to fight in wars, but the problem is, I never, ever see this argument from feminists, as they don't see this benefiting themselves in any way.

Remember, to the mainstream feminist, we are disposable, woman aren't

There's been no draft because there's been no forced war, the draft only ended with the end of the vietnam war

They haven't had the need to do the draft for the middle east wars because we have enough troops, if we -DIDN'T- have enough troops, I wouldn't doubt there would be a draft again.

Also, woman have been fighting for the right to fight in wars, but the problem is, I never, ever see this argument from feminists, as they don't see this benefiting themselves in any way.

Remember, to the mainstream feminist, we are disposable, woman aren't

If the worst you can come up with is a draft due to a war that happened in the 1960's which the US was involved in because of male government leadership deciding to engage in it and the same government leadership deciding to draft men, then there's not really much to complain about huh? Go talk to the guys who were in charge at the time about their policies and decisions to enter a war in the first place.

Also, why do feminists always come up in discussions like this? I'm pretty sure that 343 Industries mostly is populated by guys who were the ones who made that decision in the first place. Go blame people with penises and leave innocent bystanders out of this.

If the worst you can come up with is a draft due to a war that happened in the 1960's which the US was involved in because of male government leadership deciding to engage in it and the same government leadership deciding to draft men, then there's not really much to complain about huh? Go talk to the guys who were in charge at the time about their policies and decisions to enter a war in the first place.

Also, why do feminists always come up in discussions like this? I'm pretty sure that 343 Industries mostly is populated by guys who were the ones who made that decision in the first place. Go blame people with penises and leave innocent bystanders out of this.
Clearly, the ones that are pissed off most about this kind of stuff are always railing against "feminist that!" "Feminist this!" tend to be the kinds of assholes that make things like this necessary in the first place. lol

I'm glad MS is FINALLY DOING SOMETHING like this after all these years.

Cause men, pardon my swearing here, don't give a flying fuck about being insulted online, and hardly ever have.

Suddenly a sexist jokes to woman later, and all gaming is under attack

Point is, nobody gave a flying fuck when it was men being called "FUCKING FAGGOT I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" but when its woman being called "YOU FUCKING SUCK GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!" the world has to grind to a fucking halt to "Fix" this, something that wasn't an issue until a minority group -MADE- it an issue.

GOOD, this is a real problem online and is the reason most women will not admit they are women

GOOD, this is a real problem online and is the reason most women will not admit they are women

I play with many woman online, all of them have brains, none of them are treated poorly

You know who gets treated poorly online in games?

Its always

Always

The fuckers running off at the mouth

This isn't a gender issue, its a "Shut the fuck up" issue. If you say something stupid online, be prepared to get a equally stupid response.

Frankly its the people that say shit online, and then hide behind stuff like gender/race/religion etc for protection that disgust the fucking shit out of me.

Cause men, pardon my swearing here, don't give a flying fuck about being insulted online, and hardly ever have.

Suddenly a sexist jokes to woman later, and all gaming is under attack

Point is, nobody gave a flying fuck when it was men being called "FUCKING FAGGOT I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" but when its woman being called "YOU FUCKING SUCK GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN!" the world has to grind to a fucking halt to "Fix" this, something that wasn't an issue until a minority group -MADE- it an issue.

Usually people who say things like that online are the lowest common demonimator of humanity. However, they do tend to find themselves insulted over other things and get easily upset in different ways. For instance, they get very excited and upset when they think that the other men setting policies in online games are infringing on their enjoyment thereof. Guys take their games in a super-serious way which, to begin with, is pretty idiotic. Add to that some kind of policy change and you get crazy rants and crying along with accusations that evil feminists are conspiring against them to ruin the world.

Clearly, the ones that are pissed off most about this kind of stuff are always railing against "feminist that!" "Feminist this!" tend to be the kinds of assholes that make things like this necessary in the first place. lol

It's true. But those sorts of people are going to be the most outspoken about it because a thread like this puts them on the defensive to which they respond in the only way they understand how, but ranting and pointing fingers at the nearest random organization or ideology they can find.

Let me further add that the show The Talk had its panel of woman on TV openly making fun of a guy getting his dick chopped off and thrown in the garborater, cackling at banshee's at the guys misfortune.

I don't see CBS yanking them off the air for their incredibly sexist comments. Why? Because they targeted men.

Even Sara Gilbert on the show stopped them in the middle of this bitchfest and went "Ok, girls, this isn't right. If this was about a woman getting her breasts chopped off we would be in complete outrage"

What did the woman on the show do?

"LOL NO ITS FUCKING HILARIOUS STOP BEING A BUZZKILL!!!"

And that's why this whole 343 studios thing is bullshit, nobody gave a fuck when it was men being insulted, but WOMAN being insulted, holy shit stop everything!

And that's why this whole 343 studios thing is bullshit, nobody gave a fuck when it was men being insulted, but WOMAN being insulted, holy shit stop everything!

This right here. Male goes on xbox live, insults female, banhammer. Female goes on xbox live, insults male, haha that was funny do it some more.

During the short time I actually played xbox games online females were the worst shit talkers out of anyone on there including 12 year old kids.

This is what happens when political correctness runs amok. The whiny vagina's all come out to weep like an infected sore at how they are being ridiculed and 343 gets sucked right into their vortex. The gaming industry is filled with these neutered douche bags.

Why should they have to admit they are women ? They're players in a game, that's it.

It's all the people wanting to know who the women are so they can hit on them, cyber flirt, or whatever the fuck online Casanovas do to try and impress women probably because they have no social skills in real life..

Now all I can imagine are proper English gentlemen (and ladies apparently) having a fireside chat about the weather in an even and mild mannered tone whilst blowing one another's heads off. Oh yes, this will work out wonderfully. I wonder who the supreme aholes are who are leading this assualt on other peoples rights by organizing the thought police.

They must have discovered banning people is profitable. Addicts will cry for a week then go buy a new console.

Or, you know, not buy a 360 or Live in the first place.... oh, wait. :rolleyes:

All this means is that some people can't be the immature 12 year olds they are online. For the rest of humanity, it means a better experience online, a step towards growing the gaming media and an overall healthier perspective on Gaming Culture.

http://www.atomicgamer.com/news/3781/final-round-today
This. That is disgusting and yet I have a feeling some of the people who disagree with what 343 is doing are perfectly fine with crap like this happening all the time.

Why should they have to admit they are women ? They're players in a game, that's it.

It's all the people wanting to know who the women are so they can hit on them, cyber flirt, or whatever the fuck online Casanovas do to try and impress women probably because they have no social skills in real life..

It isn't so much they should (or need to in any way) 'admit' they are women. That was a poor choice of words on my part. It is that many women online feel that they need to HIDE the fact that they are women. Like by not using a mic in online games that support voip. Of course it is not all people who are doing this sort of thing to women, but why should we feel bad for those who will be banned when they are the ones making these horrible sexist (and otherwise) remarks? I'm just glad something is being done about this, I've quit large clans before because of the constant barrage of sexism anytime a woman was brought up.

So much "wah wah! You're taking away my right to free speech and to be an offensive shitbag on a private service!" in this thread.

Back