34" Ultrawide with USB-C hub for both productivity and casual gaming?

jnick

2[H]4U
Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor from my current Dell U2311H IPS to a 34" UWS. I used to be an avid gamer but those days have dwindled since my younger days. I still occasionally game (Destiny, Battlefield, etc) but primarily do 3D CAD work for woodworking, photo editing for my photography side-gig and productivity for WaH these days. I keep being drawn to either the LG CB99 or the Dell 3419, however I want to cry that they are 60hz :(. I get it, I don't game as much anymore, but when dropping that cash, I was hoping for at least 75-100hz! With that said, for my needs, am I stuck between those two or does anyone have another recommendation? I keep finding great monitors regarding refresh rates, but then they don't have the USB-C connectivity, or vice versa...

Thanks in advance!

I have a Samsung LC34H890 on the way. It features much of what you are wanting. We will see how it turns out.

Just went down this path for my wife. Ended up looking at the LG 34WN80C-B and the Dell (don't recall model offhand) equivalent. Similar features, I think the same panel. The LG was over $200 cheaper, so we went that route. The Dell has onboard speakers and powersupply though.

Really like it, am pleased with the image quality. Have not tried gaming but productivity work has been solid.

Why not use a DP to usb-c adapter? in any case, do not get the lg 34gk950f-b. Used for a total of approx 250hrs and scanlines have appeared making the monitor unusable.

Ran into a USB-C issue with the 34WN80C-B today

It's been working fine with my wife's ~2019 Mac Book and her work HP laptop (new i7 Elite book, not sure on model). BUT, my i7 6600u based Lenovo Carbon X1 is not receiving power to charge the laptop, though it still works with the display fine.

Dumb question but have you checked the OSD to make sure you have charging enabled?
I haven't checked again.... I mean it was working with 2 other laptops (HP & Apple) but then wasn't with my Lenovo.... will check again at some point...

Back