34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

No way, am I keeping this display. My two $300 korean 1440p displays didn't have any dead or stuck pixels. No way an I going to put up with several on a 1k+ display.

And what happens when your replacement has even more dead pixels? They aren't going to allow you to infinitely exchange them until you find a perfect one. This was my dilemma with the Swift. Was I supposed to try a 5th one and hope that it didn't have dead pixels? I'm probably already on a lot of these retailers shit lists for returning so much.

Did they send you refurbs or brand new monitors? I can't imagine that they would allow you to infinitely exchange them for brand new monitors. Otherwise they'd be losing a lot of money.

edit - I also wonder if they'll even exchange for 2 dead pixels. Their policy says that 5 is acceptable on this monitor. No stuck pixels though, so BababooeyHTJ should be ok.

And what happens when your replacement has even more dead pixels? They aren't going to allow you to infinitely exchange them until you find a perfect one. This was my dilemma with the Swift. Was I supposed to try a 5th one and hope that it didn't have dead pixels? I'm probably already on a lot of these retailers shit lists for returning so much.

If the next one comes in with more I'll ask for my money back, simple as that. I'll go back to using my catleap with no stuck pixels.

Did they send you refurbs or brand new monitors? I can't imagine that they would allow you to infinitely exchange them for brand new monitors. Otherwise they'd be losing a lot of money.

edit - I also wonder if they'll even exchange for 2 dead pixels. Their policy says that 5 is acceptable on this monitor. No stuck pixels though, so BababooeyHTJ should be ok.

TBH, I'm not annoyed by the stuck pixel. Its the dead pixels that are right next to eachother and jet black on a white screen hat annoy me.

I'm using the stuck pixel as an excuse to exchange the display. Due to the dead pixels that really annoy me.

Also fast mode does cause a little overshoot. Only really noticed it once so far. Going to leave it on.

dont they have to exchange for another if its still under warranty and there are legit probs no matter how many times you need to return it? i havent read the 'entire' warranty but there's not restrictions,special cases where they can make an technical ruling and deny you technical help/replacement if the monitor isnt satisfactory?

dont they have to exchange for another if its still under warranty and there are legit probs no matter how many times you need to return it? i havent read the 'entire' warranty but there's not restrictions,special cases where they can make an technical ruling and deny you technical help/replacement if the monitor isnt satisfactory?

No restrictions that I know of. I had a lot of U2713's a while back and all were flawless but one. Went through 3 advance exchanges before getting another perfect one. Bit of a time hassle but they make it easy otherwise.

BababooeyHTJ, how do you like the monitor otherwise?

Otherwise I love it. Need to really play a few more games though. D3 is sick on this display.

I don't see why anyone would want to do eyefinity over one of these displays.

The panel is nice and uniform. Doesn't feel laggy which I was worried about. I'm no competitive gamer though so don't take my word for much.

It is just me or are both coupons listed a couple pages back for the Dell monitor now dead? Only one worked earlier and I was about to pull the trigger and now I get nothing but the shipping and 60$ EPP.

Did they send you refurbs or brand new monitors?

Yup they were refurbs. I was a bit pissed when they sent me a refurb so I called up and they sent me a new one that had even worse backlight bleed than the first, they sent me another refurb and I ended up sticking with that one. In the end i wasn't fussed it was a refurb as the bbb was acceptable.

One of the best purchases and most long lasting i've ever made tbh. Dell monitors are awesome.

i got noticeable blb on all corners! gonna get a replacement, i'd take a pic but from what you all say it wont help because it'll show up worse on cam

damn this monitor is testing my gpu haha, the games i normally play is now generating about 20' more heat and uses 30% more power..i hear the fans going overdrive when it normally doesnt

What GPU do you have? No need to worry on a replacement...Dell usually ships them overnight or 2-day...just give them a call.

It is just me or are both coupons listed a couple pages back for the Dell monitor now dead? Only one worked earlier and I was about to pull the trigger and now I get nothing but the shipping and 60$ EPP.

Same here. Both of the coupons are still valid but they won't apply to the monitor. I had a chat with a dell rep last night that told me the coupons only work for Dell Home, not Dell Epp but I couldn't get them to work on Dell Home either. Anyone have any ideas?

Same here. Both of the coupons are still valid but they won't apply to the monitor. I had a chat with a dell rep last night that told me the coupons only work for Dell Home, not Dell Epp but I couldn't get them to work on Dell Home either. Anyone have any ideas?

Dell is backpedaling like crazy on these coupons. I had a long chat with a rep who told me that even though this monitor is not on the exclusion list, that it doesn't qualify as an "electronic device." Bullshit.

I recited the exclusion list to him and nowhere are monitors and projectors listed.

After arguing my point that a monitor is in fact an electronic device, he proceeded to tell me that it is a member purchase coupon. Guess what? I couldn't get it to work there either. He claimed that there was "another coupon" that could have been used, but it already expired. Darn it, wouldn't you know?

Well, in this case, it's the same as the LG curved. Hope to see reviews soon.

Though really hope one of these gets a firmware upgrade that allows for Freesync...

it is not the same right? the LG is IPS and the Samsung is VA

Dell is backpedaling like crazy on these coupons. I had a long chat with a rep who told me that even though this monitor is not on the exclusion list, that it doesn't qualify as an "electronic device." Bullshit.

I recited the exclusion list to him and nowhere are monitors and projectors listed.

After arguing my point that a monitor is in fact an electronic device, he proceeded to tell me that it is a member purchase coupon. Guess what? I couldn't get it to work there either. He claimed that there was "another coupon" that could have been used, but it already expired. Darn it, wouldn't you know?

It seems that they won't allow any discounts to be applied to the U3415W on Dell Epp or their regular site. They have now added the U3415W to the list of exceptions on the MQFL7LKHT?NK12 coupon :( I'm kicking myself for waiting for reviews on this display. I should have ordered over the weekend like everyone else.

That sucks, and exactly why I didn't wait. Had my eye on the Dell for a while now waiting for it to release. With coupon codes that stacked over 20% there was no way I was going to procrastinate.

It seems that they won't allow any discounts to be applied to the U3415W on Dell Epp or their regular site. They have now added the U3415W to the list of exceptions on the MQFL7LKHT?NK12 coupon :( I'm kicking myself for waiting for reviews on this display. I should have ordered over the weekend like everyone else.

yah i knew they were going to pull the coupons...it seemed like one of those coupons wasnt meant to be used for this monitor..and u also have a 2week free trial period in which to return products to dell too right? [or it could of been from another company, i cant keep them all str8 in my head haha]

That sucks, and exactly why I didn't wait. Had my eye on the Dell for a while now waiting for it to release. With coupon codes that stacked over 20% there was no way I was going to procrastinate.

i had a rep before this monitor was available and i asked if he can bet the price i paid, he said no way, u got like 25% off on that monitor and he said 'good job' haha

I may be able to process a few drop-ship orders from Dell directly to some of you if interested, I just can't do 100 or any crazy number. Usually needs to be a higher quantity single order to get preferred pricing, but I can make a handful or so work.

Looking at $985 shipped (tax and shipping included). This includes the Dell 3-Year Advance Exchange warranty and Premium Panel Guarantee.

I just need to be clear that I don't handle or do refunds/returns to me. Make sure you want this specific monitor. If there is anything wrong (light bleed, bad/stuck pixel, etc) you can get an immediate replacement (or 10 if needed) via Dell, but you would not be able to return for a flat out refund. I'm just not equipped to handle those logistics.

PM me if interested. I can invoice directly or if there are enough of you all I can look at setting up a Shopify site to complete the orders.

I've got 10-15 of these coming in next week or so, can't wait to give it a try!
Given your offer in the post immediately above, I have to ask. . . how is it that you're not certain how many you purchased? Was it 10, 15, or some number in between?

Given your offer in the post immediately above, I have to ask. . . how is it that you're not certain how many you purchased? Was it 10, 15, or some number in between?

Edit: I misread your question in my previous response. I said 10-15 because I hadn't placed my order yet but was about to and the number was dependent on pricing. I ended up getting 20 actually to give you a direct answer.

Last edited:
34UM95 + GTX970 here, been using both for an extended period of time.

After a couple of months using HDMI2.0 (+Nvidia custom res @60Hz), I switched back to using DP (not 1.2 as I don't have a Quadro/FirePro to take advantage of 10bit colors), now that there's a workaround for windows resizing, which was the biggest drawback for me.

Three major things I've noticed:
- Using HDMI2.0 seems to cause a significant amount of "screen-splitting", to the point where it occurs every few minutes at times
- After switching back to DP, noticed just how much less input lag DP seems to have. There's a good 20ms difference there, which I didn't notice right after switching to HDMI2.0
- The OSD seems to be a lot less responsive when HDMI is connected, for whatever reason

What are these workarounds? I'd love to ditch hdmi, these splits are getting annoying (feels like every 2-3m).

gtx980 + lg 3440 using hdmi

With all the chatter about the connection issues, how do you all feel about waiting for the DP 1.3 monitors? It's clearly the future and weeks/months away not years. This Dell offering looks great but with the only "future-proofing" in the HDMI 2.0 connection and the challenges we're hearing around that connection method, it would seem like waiting is the right path (to me). What am I missing?

I'll add that I understand there is always new technology around the corner, but this one seems like a big required leap to be able to power these new resolutions without workarounds. Assuming monitors have a longer lifespans than the average computer, waiting 6 months for the ability to properly connect to the technology for the next 8+ years doesn't seem like a stretch.

Last edited:
With all the chatter about the connection issues, how do you all feel about waiting for the DP 1.3 monitors? It's clearly the future and weeks/months away not years. This Dell offering looks great but with the only "future-proofing" in the HDMI 2.0 connection and the challenges we're hearing around that connection method, it would seem like waiting is the right path (to me). What am I missing?

I'll add that I understand there is always new technology around the corner, but this one seems like a big required leap to be able to power these new resolutions without workarounds. Assuming monitors have a longer lifespans than the average computer, waiting 6 months for the ability to properly connect to the technology for the next 8+ years doesn't seem like a stretch.

What issues are you referring to exactly? I don't think there are any issues using Displayport and this monitor or any 1440p Ultrawide. 4K and 5K monitors are a different story, primarily 5K, but I don't think there is anything to worry about here unless HDMI is your only option.

Also, it could very well be end of year before we actually see Displayport 1.3 video cards or peripherals in market, potentially even 2016.

No argument that it's the future, just not sure what it has to do with this particular panel.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the manual is that 60Hz is only achievable with an HDMI 2.0 connection. DP 1.2 looks to be at a 50Hz maximum. This may not be an issue, but it's clearly due to the connections showing their age with the size of the monitor. If you add on the feedback in this thread about the HDMI 2.0 slower interface, etc., I'm concerned with the compromise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the manual is that 60Hz is only achievable with an HDMI 2.0 connection. DP 1.2 looks to be at a 50Hz maximum. This may not be an issue, but it's clearly due to the connections showing their age with the size of the monitor. If you add on the feedback in this thread about the HDMI 2.0 slower interface, etc., I'm concerned with the compromise.

DP 1.2 can do 60Hz though. Unless my settings deceiving me.

I think they are referring to HDMI only there. You need HDMI 2.0 to do 60Hz on HDMI.

DP 1.2 can do 60Hz as it already does on my 34UM95 LG.

If that's true, it's a very confusing way of writing the manual. It sure does look like it's only 60Hz with the HDMI, because that section doesn't specify HDMI only, it's mentioning all possible resolutions.

Anyway, if you have the device and confirm, that's great.

facts:

TB 2.0= 60Hz
DP = 60Hz
HDMI 2.0 = 60Hz - GTX970/980 atm ; HDMI < 2.0 = no 60Hz

This is my LG 34UM95-P

i have taken some photos (galaxy s4) camera exaggerates the bleed, the right corner isn't noticeable to me but the right corner is/was at first it bothered me probably because i was reading what other people posted and seeing their pictures of the monitor but i see it less and less now that im using it day to day, i do not see it when playing games or doing things on the desktop, sometimes it catches my eyes in dark movie scenes but as i said im noticing it less and less, this is my first IPS display and im getting used to the ips glow, i have 2 more TN displays(i think they are), picture is way better then on the 2 TN panels, i have been using it for about 6 days it is a great experience, games look amazing

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/s4spnwzk9y0mrhx/AAA_H-XDNmxUHbOwY8UatcnMa

Last edited:
I think they are referring to HDMI only there. You need HDMI 2.0 to do 60Hz on HDMI.

DP 1.2 can do 60Hz as it already does on my 34UM95 LG.

If that's true, it's a very confusing way of writing the manual. It sure does look like it's only 60Hz with the HDMI, because that section doesn't specify HDMI only, it's mentioning all possible resolutions.

Anyway, if you have the device and confirm, that's great.

The manual does indeed only mean HDMI resolutions there. If you look later on in the manual, you'll find that DP 1.2 can actually not only drive one of these at 60 Hz, it can drive TWO of them at 60 Hz from a single connection -- or one of these plus two 1080p displays. Doing the math on the bandwidth required confirms that DP 1.2 can comfortably handle it. DP 1.2 already has basically as much bandwidth as HDMI 2.0 (it's not a perfect equation because different signalling types means the same resolution doesn't use exactly the same bandwidth), and DP 1.3 will widen that gap considerably when it's available.

Last edited:
What are these workarounds? I'd love to ditch hdmi, these splits are getting annoying (feels like every 2-3m).
I've used the method from this post + installed the UM95 driver from LG's Korean website.
The resizing-windows-after-sleep issue now occurs very rarely for me, but I attribute it mostly to the fact that I've deleted all of the "SIMULATED" entries from the registry.

Back