34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Whats the deal with this fast mode?

I'm interested in the response time of this display but an worried about overshoot with the overdriven panel. I would love to be able to keep it at 8ms and not have to deal with high response times from the display.

I usually buy my cables at Monoprice.

But why don't you just use the cable they provide? The monitor has both DP and mini DP, so use the mini at that monitor side, and normal on gpu side.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Saved me a few bucks lol

damn, free sync demo at the CES!!! anyone w/regrets getting the 34" dell now? haha

free sync

Nope because I do not care enough about freesync, 144hz, etc when it compromises image quality. The monitors are only 2560x1080. I guess when they come out with the higher res version then I might want it but I really don't game all that much. It probably wont be out for awhile plus will be more expensive.

I'm actually waiting for the wife to come home so I can log into her EPP account and see if she gets a more substantial discount on the U3415W. I know $927 is already an awesome deal but I just can't push myself to pull the trigger for a 34" monitor no matter how nice it seems.

I really want a 40" Seiki/Philips 4K LCD (not available) but I'm not sure how much more I can hold out as I've already sold my Dell 3007WFP-HC.

I believe the HDMI ports on the LG only officially support 50hz at native resolution. That could have been why you were having issues with screen-splitting.

Doubt that's the reason, as the screen-splitting also occurs at 59Hz, 50Hz and over DisplayPort, albeit significantly less frequently (over DP once every few hours at worst).

My U3415W shipped. They are also giving me an extra 2% off (the rep rounded it up to $25) when I called today inquiring about academic discount pricing since apparently the academic/university contract home-use discount is 2% on top of whatever other price there is. Not much money, but not too shabby for 30 mins of phone/internet time I'd otherwise waste.

I then got emailed a quote from the school's academic rep who I emailed which was $1020 before tax, which is give or take 5% MPP + one 10% coupon, so this deal is actually better than what one can get on that purchase contract for home use.

Just placed an order for mine. Got it down to $924 before tax with free 2nd business day shipping via EPP and some coupon codes. Just too good of a deal to pass up. I've got a 27" ACD now so can't wait for the extra real estate. Hopefully I can find room for both monitors so I can use the ACD for my work laptop.

This is an absolutely killer deal but I'm so afraid to commit because of the 15% restocking fee... Not sure about return shipping, but I'm guessing I would have to pay that too. Monitors are such a gamble, I hate it.

This is an absolutely killer deal but I'm so afraid to commit because of the 15% restocking fee... Not sure about return shipping, but I'm guessing I would have to pay that too. Monitors are such a gamble, I hate it.

It's the same panel as the LG, so at worst it's on par with it...except that Dell's CS is 100x better in the case of any issues you run into and need to return it (drop off and pick up by Dell). Lots of early Samsung 34" owners are less than impressed with it, so, the LG and/or Dell seem to be the way to go.

Just ordered the dell. 923.39 with 2 day shipping and 9 months 0 financing via dell account.
No sales tax in nh. :)
Thanks for the tips on extra discounts.
Now to decide if I'm selling old 30 inch or keeping it for 2nd monitor

Emailed two dell service reps, including Jessica as previously mentioned on the thread (cheers for that!). I'm in NZ so currently working on getting the price down to roughly 923 USD. Can't wait :D

This thread needs a serious clean-up of all the "ordered mine", "mailed support" and "thinking of getting" posts.
They contribute absolutely nothing to the technical discussion about the monitor and give no useful information of any sort to any other user here.

This thread needs a serious clean-up of all the "ordered mine", "mailed support" and "thinking of getting" posts.
They contribute absolutely nothing to the technical discussion about the monitor and give no useful information of any sort to any other user here.

Relax. The thread is 188 pages long.

It stopped being about technical discussion about 8 months ago.

Relax. The thread is 188 pages long.

It stopped being about technical discussion about 8 months ago.

Not necessarily. I'm sure the Dell and Samsung will have their own sets of issues and nuances (although at this point they probably need their own threads to make searching for info on them easier).

Right now it's just a dick-swinging contest to see who got the best deal, but that will settle down in time since the monitor was just released and people are excited about it. BTW, that guy who got it for $837 got a sweet deal! ;)

Yeah, absolutely nothing added by all the ordering discussion that is helping many people save around $300 off this monitor. :rolleyes:

Untwist your panties and go outside.

Oh shit! Mom's here!

Naw, the posts with the deal info and where-to-buy are actually useful.
It's the "just ordered mine, hope I get it soon" ones that do nothing but drown out the useful information, imho.

It's the "just ordered mine, hope I get it soon" ones that do nothing but drown out the useful information, imho.

Sort of like the posts that complain about those posts? :rolleyes:

How about we let people post what they want as long as its relevant to the topic? I assume that the Dell monitor will get it's own thread soon enough and that may be more to your liking.

i never had to put a stand and monitor together, but what ive seen on youtube is the best way is to place the screen face down on a nonscratch surface [on a cloth?] and than assemble the stand onto the back of the monitor? TIA

btw, when mon comes around and we tear open the box [like its xmas again haha] try to post pics or reviews on how bad your BLB is..i'd like to compare and decide if i need to return any potential BLB on mine [hopin i get a perfect one tho]

i never had to put a stand and monitor together, but what ive seen on youtube is the best way is to place the screen face down on a nonscratch surface [on a cloth?] and than assemble the stand onto the back of the monitor? TIA

btw, when mon comes around and we tear open the box [like its xmas again haha] try to post pics or reviews on how bad your BLB is..i'd like to compare and decide if i need to return any potential BLB on mine [hopin i get a perfect one tho]

If this monitor comes like most Dell monitors I have had then it should have something covering the screen along with being wrapped in a soft foam like bag... What I usually do is leave all that stuff on and lay it on the floor. Then I push the bag up a bit in the back to access the mount and snap the stand into place.

Sorry that people dropped $1k on a monitor and are excited about getting it and want to share that excitement with others in a similar situation. Sorry that our happiness makes you angry.

Sorry that people dropped $1k on a monitor and are excited about getting it and want to share that excitement with others in a similar situation. Sorry that our happiness makes you angry.

Lol, pretty much.

Look at how much more his mini modding has dragged this thread off topic. Lol, the hypocrisy.

On a more related note. Are there any benchmarks floating around comparing the performance hit of 3440x1440 vs 2560x1440? I get that theoretically it should be about 30% but I'm wondering if the added aspect ratio might add more to that.

in my case 280X DCU2T with Unigine Valley Ultra preset
2560x1440 : 1855
3440x1440 : 1427
so yeah about 30%, but it might depend on whether the game has hor+ (like Valley) or ver- widescreen implementation

For a general idea I guess you could look at the benchmarks at 2560x1440 (3.6mil) and 4k (8mil) as 3440x1440 sits at 4.9 mil.

If you're having trouble getting two coupons to work, you probably added the monitor from the wrong product page. If you added it through the direct link and then go to EPP to check out, it will only let you add one coupon. Here are the correct steps:

-google "dell epp" and go to the first link
-put u3415 into the dell search bar at the top of the page. It will come up in the search results with a member price in green for $1139. That's how you know you're in the right part of the site to get both coupons to work.
-When you check out, use THR0K3N1?05JT3 and MQFL7LKHT?NK12 for 10% off each. You'll also get free two day shipping.
-Also at the top of the page, make sure you click the "claim your rewards" button for Dell Advantage. Sign up for Dell Advantage before you do anything if you aren't already signed up

That got me the monitor for $999.56 total even with high texas sales tax.

Thanks saved me ~300 dollars
Delivered on or before 1/22/2015

Not possible to benefit this offer if we live in Europe right ?

I could go on the US dell site, apply the codes and get the reductions... ( cannot get the claim your reward )... but when checking out... cannot put my country... shit.

And I cannot use those codes on the Eu site... re shit... ggrrr I need codes ^^ It made the screen at 920$ !

Back