34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

staples texting out 15% promo codes today!

Thanks! Got mine a little while ago.

Think the code is good til the 20th, so I'm gonna see if the price comes back down from $950 again ($950 is the highest that Staples has been, Newegg is at $849 today). 15% only brings the price down to what I could've gotten it from Newegg for last month.. then tack on another $50 for taxes.

Let me know if you figure out a way to get below that magic $700 mark again!

Just setting the resolution via the Nvidia Control Panel only affects the Desktop resolution AFAIK.
You have to actually create and save it with that refresh rate, then select it here (sorry for the "GT430", posting this from work):

z4R7VXV.png

Besides that, make sure you select the proper refresh rate in the game settings (it should be there if you created it) - because some games will default to 50Hz.

Thanks, I'll try that.

..so I'm gonna see if the price comes back down from $950 again ($950 is the highest that Staples has been, Newegg is at $849 today).

Wow. Everybody lowered their price, and then Staples went and jacked theirs up to $1000 today.. weird.

Was supposed to get my Dell 34" today...but spoke to the rep and apparently they're having a 'parts shortage'. Looks like everyone who ordered in Australia are getting shafted.

Not cool, Dell. I'm pretty tempted to can my order and just go for the 40" Phillips.

Could someone kindly tell me what the height is (from table top) from the very bottom of the screen and the very top of the screen? Currently, the bottom of my 27" is adjusted to be 6" from table top and the top is 20.75" from TT. I find this to be comfortable. I'm curious what the tallest height adjustment leaves me with or whether I need to buy a VESA mount for it.

I received my refurbished UM95 yesterday and it arrived in fine shape with no dead pixels and minimal BLB. I had some lines shooting across the screen when I changed to DP 1.2, but a reboot resolved the issue. I could not see any differences so I changed back to 1.1 and a reboot was not necessary then. It is a big change from my 30" HP and I am not yet 100% sold on the ultra widescreen format. The picture looks really great and it will probably be something I will come to love once I get the monitor position right and get some quality time in with it. It could also just be the dramatic nature of the change, but I will know more after spending some serious time with it over the weekend. My 290x (1170/5500) drives DA:I and Elite: Dangerous quite well so far with most settings on max. I may play around with my 290x and see if I can get a bit more of an OC on the core, but for some reason there is not a lot of headroom on the memory. I am not a blur or any type of Ambient Occlusion fan so I always turn them off. I got it for $704 shipped and if I keep it, will probably add a two year, third party warranty since the factory warranty is only 90 days. Thanks again for everyone posting so much helpful information, it was instrumental in my decision. I have until January 15th to return it so I may give in to the curve, but not sure if I can adjust to the ultra widescreen. I will keep you posted.

Looks like Newegg has the 34UM95 for $810 again: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...47&cm_re=34um95-_-24-005-635-_-Product&cm_sp=

with coupon code: LGKMCHGQ34 Note: likely have to select Newegg as the actual seller, not Adorama or other

(credit to Slickdeals)

Thanks, I finally bit!

Had an AMEX offer for $25 off $200 at Newegg (statement credit), plus another $45 in gift cards.. so end total will be around $740.

Hopefully with the free 3-day, I'll actually have it before Christmas (and hopefully with zero dead pixels and minimal glow/bleed!)

Thanks, I finally bit!

Had an AMEX offer for $25 off $200 at Newegg (statement credit), plus another $45 in gift cards.. so end total will be around $740.

Hopefully with the free 3-day, I'll actually have it before Christmas (and hopefully with zero dead pixels and minimal glow/bleed!)

congrats..what games are you going to be putting it thru?

congrats..what games are you going to be putting it thru?

Dunno? I'm the heretical [H]'er that only games on my consoles, and only plays old console games emulated on my PC :p

Still have a code for Far Cry 4 I might try, if my 970 can handle that resolution.. maybe Witcher 3 next year. Bought my GPU.. to upscale video with MadVR :eek:

Did you try the 344.80 beta driver yet to resolve the issues with DP?

Thanks for posting this as I didn't see it previously. So far it has worked wonders with my 34um95 + 980 + DP 1.2. Before this it would have crashed the first time the monitor went on stand by. Hopefully this is the fix I have been waiting for.

Thanks for posting this as I didn't see it previously. So far it has worked wonders with my 34um95 + 980 + DP 1.2. Before this it would have crashed the first time the monitor went on stand by. Hopefully this is the fix I have been waiting for.

NP. This worked for my 980 too, that's why I'm surprised people with 970s are having issues. I didn't think they'd actually code it to really just be 980s and not 970s.

The display port died on my 34UM95 today. Really disappointing. Thankfully I know someone who works for the repair/service company responsible for LG in my country. I can either have it repaired or get a new swap...

I've found DP1.2 to be very unreliable anyway. Same issue as others in here with when it goes to sleep, that it forgets settings. That plus there is some kind of audible flickering sounds occuring once in a while when running at 60Hz....

Last edited:
NP. This worked for my 980 too, that's why I'm surprised people with 970s are having issues. I didn't think they'd actually code it to really just be 980s and not 970s.

The only issue I am having now is that the open windows all resize EVERY time the monitor
goes into stand by.

The only issue I am having now is that the open windows all resize EVERY time the monitor
goes into stand by.

It's a windows/displayport issue. When it goes into standby, windows sets the resolution to 1024x768 because it thinks the monitor has been unplugged.

It's a windows/displayport issue. When it goes into standby, windows sets the resolution to 1024x768 because it thinks the monitor has been unplugged.

I've done quite a bit of searching and I have it working properly now without windows resizing on Displayport by using these registry hacks: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa?page=1

So with this and the last Nvidia patch installed it seems to all be working properly...

Last edited:
First day with my LG 34um95 and i found the sleep problem.... argl

after the Benq BL3200PT the next monitor without QC ....

it a shame, without dead pixels, bleeding is there left corner but its ok for work .. but the sleep problem ... argl

Last edited:
is there a solution? I`m frustfrated, first the problems with Benq BL3200PT and now the LG 34um95. Maybe i should not buy a new monitor. :)

Last edited:

it a shame, without dead pixels, bleeding is there left corner but its ok for work .. but the sleep problem ... argl

So here my problem with LG 34um95 is the sleep problem ...

is there a solution? I`m frustfrated, first the problems with Benq BL3200PT and now the LG 34um95. Maybe i should not buy a new monitor. :)

What sleep problem in specific? NVidia 344.80 drivers resolved the distortion for me.

Don't understand why you guys are buying 34um95 when Dell U3415W is already out, at least across Europe, and which is surely a better monitor.. It's Dell and it's curved, yet it costs the same as LG.

It's 750€ and should be ready for shipping in a week or two, depending on the store:
http://www.hardwareversand.de/86+cm+%2834%29/210001/Dell+U3415W.article?pvid=4r92aqolv_i3wxoqo0&ref=13

Some people may want the display for design -- a curved monitor is not suited for this as it produces a distorted image when doing production work.

I would wait until people had some of them. Dell's QC has not been very good the past couple of years. IMO if you want curved, waiting for the Samsung 34" is the way to go.

Don't understand why you guys are buying 34um95 when Dell U3415W is already out, at least across Europe, and which is surely a better monitor.. It's Dell and it's curved, yet it costs the same as LG

Oh, right - Dell!

So I can expect the same terrible build quality/quality control as all of their past monitors, topped off with the fact that it's curved so it's 100% guaranteed to have heavy backlight bleed in all four corners.

Don't understand why you guys are buying 34um95 when Dell U3415W is already out, at least across Europe, and which is surely a better monitor.. It's Dell and it's curved, yet it costs the same as LG.

It's 750€ and should be ready for shipping in a week or two, depending on the store:
http://www.hardwareversand.de/86+cm+%2834%29/210001/Dell+U3415W.article?pvid=4r92aqolv_i3wxoqo0&ref=13

Isn't 750 euro a lot more than 810 USD? Based on today's conversion rate, it seems like it to me.

Isn't 750 euro a lot more than 810 USD? Based on today's conversion rate, it seems like it to me.
The 'real conversion rate' between dollar and euro is usually around 1:1..

Right now LG 34UM95 costs 728€, curved Dell U3415W 748€ and curved LG 34UC97-S is 1088€.

So by this logic Dell U3415W should cost around 850 USD.

Which video card are you using?

Don't know about that, Dell quality has really gone downhill in the past few years even on the UltraSharp line. I'm not saying all their monitors are bad, but it's somewhat of a hit and miss these days, as with every company.

Do we even know input lag numbers for the U3415W yet?

Ok I've read countless pages of this thread and googled the @$!% out of this question but I can't figure it out - what is the advantage of using DP 1.2?? I have 290s in XF and only really play BF and will play GTA V (when released). I use a 15ft DP cable and luckily have had zero issues (including resizing on wake) with the monitor so far.

Anyone care to enlighten me on advantage of DP1.2?

Ok I've read countless pages of this thread and googled the @$!% out of this question but I can't figure it out - what is the advantage of using DP 1.2?? I have 290s in XF and only really play BF and will play GTA V (when released). I use a 15ft DP cable and luckily have had zero issues (including resizing on wake) with the monitor so far.

Anyone care to enlighten me on advantage of DP1.2?

I believe for 10bit applications mostly.

I believe for 10bit applications mostly.

And ONLY if you have a video card capable of 10-bit output [FirePros and Quadros, mostly] otherwise (almost?) NOTHING. Folks using non-native 10-bit cards with DP1.2 enabled is almost certainly the source/cause of many of the reported issues of flickering, tearing, etc.

And what is the TUSB3410 driver/functionality all about?

TIA

Apparently it's intended for hardware calibration devices of some kind.
Caution: Installing that thing's driver messes up the USB hub's functionality somewhat, random glitches and issues may ensue.

I've done quite a bit of searching and I have it working properly now without windows resizing on Displayport by using these registry hacks: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa?page=1

So with this and the last Nvidia patch installed it seems to all be working properly...

Finally a solution to this extremely annoying problem !

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\SIMULATED_10DE_100A_00000001_00000000_100100^4AEB83D50AB1E8187D58AF8D6F1E9A72\00

Change these 2 dword :
PrimSurfSize.cx to 3440
PrimSurfSize.cy to 1440
(use decimal and not hexa)

I had 3 "SIMULATED" folder and changed the values for all 3, so far so good with no side effect.

Thx so much for pointing me in the right direction !!!

Last edited:

Finally a solution to this extremely annoying problem !

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration\SIMULATED_10DE_100A_00000001_00000000_100100^4AEB83D50AB1E8187D58AF8D6F1E9A72\00

Change these 2 dword :
PrimSurfSize.cx to 3440
PrimSurfSize.cy to 1440
(use decimal and not hexa)

I had 3 "SIMULATED" folder and changed the values for all 3, so far so good with no side effect.

Thx so much for pointing me in the right direction !!!

Last edited:
Back