34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Did you take a pic of your old unit? Interested in a comparison photo if possible.

I do have pics that I had to take so the RMA would be approved but I don't think they will show the glow at all as I took them with a white background so the glass flaw would show up.

you can't see flaw with a black background since no light would reflect off the broken glass.

Does anyone know if I can use this monitor in DP 1.2 MST with a 2560x1600 in the middle of the chain? Everything I've seen indicates that the DP 1.2 bandwidth limits allow 1x 4k display or 2x 2560x1600 displays. How much headroom is there? This monitor has about 20% more pixels (and thus 20% more DP bandwidth needed) than a 2560x1600. Would I need a second video card, since no consumer cards but the 295x2 have multiple DP connectors on a single card?

Obviously I could run the 30" over HDMI, but I'd rather avoid that since I use the HDMI port to occasionally feed my TV.

Anyone go from 3x 27" EYEFINITY or bigger to one of these and feel satisfied?

Currently employed away from home and juggling whether to buy this or ship my 3 monitors here and pay like $150 shipping each way.

OK, so I got my replacement for my RMA. This one has a June Manufacture date. In this case the rumours that the models made in June are superior to the ones before are true. Not only does this one have no flaw but the IPS glow is really low even at full brightness, you pretty much have to be looking for it even to notice a bit.

Kind of happy my other monitor had a flaw in the glass now...this one seems much improved.

Is this still the case? Has any bleeding appeared yet?

I'm assuming Costco orders are shipping out June monitors. Has anyone contacted them and asked? It should be on the boxes.

Is this still the case? Has any bleeding appeared yet?

I'm assuming Costco orders are shipping out June monitors. Has anyone contacted them and asked? It should be on the boxes.

The box also has REV 2.0 on it, which was interesting as I don't remember seeing that on my first box.

and no bleeding....but the thing has been in use for what...6 hours.

Mine says June 2014 and on the box it says Rev .02 but nothing about revision on the back of the monitor where all the info is. I won't have mine up and running til this weekend sometime. Last of the pc parts came today for the new rig. New build is my weekend project. I don't think my current 6950 could run it and test things. In a couple of days or so I'll have two 290x CF to test it.

I cancelled my pending early June order from BH $899.99 plus $64.99 for the 2 years square trade extended warranty $964.00. I ordered one from Costco.com for a few dollars more $1029.99, but you can't beat their return policy. The LG is a computer monitor so I couldn't get the extended warranty, but at the same time the 90 days return does not apply to the monitor. I can return it in 6 months or at any time if I'm not satisfied with the purchase.

I cancelled my pending early June order from BH $899.99 plus $64.99 for the 2 years square trade extended warranty $964.00. I ordered one from Costco.com for a few dollars more $1029.99, but you can't beat their return policy. The LG is a computer monitor so I couldn't get the extended warranty, but at the same time the 90 days return does not apply to the monitor. I can return it in 6 months or at any time if I'm not satisfied with the purchase.

Can't beat Costco convenience! Mine shipped from Ontario, CA which is nice; much quicker than waiting for the East Coast. (I'm in Idaho.)

Can't beat Costco convenience! Mine shipped from Ontario, CA which is nice; much quicker than waiting for the East Coast. (I'm in Idaho.)

Nice, Enjoy it. I'm 30 mins from Ontario, CA. I have a feeling mine is going to be sitting at the local UPS for the long weekend. BBQ and beer time for now. Next week LG time...

Mine says June 2014 and on the box it says Rev .02 but nothing about revision on the back of the monitor where all the info is. I won't have mine up and running til this weekend sometime. Last of the pc parts came today for the new rig. New build is my weekend project. I don't think my current 6950 could run it and test things. In a couple of days or so I'll have two 290x CF to test it.

My May 2014 unit also has Rev.02 on it.

Just to confirm, do the newest units (aka. June build date) have Rev .02 or Rev 2.0 on the box?

I have an hp 8470p laptop w/ hd4000 graphics and display port 1.1. Will it be enough to power this display at 60hz? Anybody know?

My May 2014 unit also has Rev.02 on it.

Just to confirm, do the newest units (aka. June build date) have Rev .02 or Rev 2.0 on the box?

To confuse matters, mine says May 2014 Rev.01 on the box, but on the monitor itself the production date is June 2014...
Haven't noticed abnormal IPS glow though :)

To confuse matters, mine says May 2014 Rev.01 on the box, but on the monitor itself the production date is June 2014...
Haven't noticed abnormal IPS glow though :)

Odd.... Maybe they just grabbed and used an older box in your case?
Seems like kind of a strange thing for production to do though... I suppose if there was a box shortage they could have used some older stock?

Of course this Rev .01 vs .02 stuff may not have anything to do with the monitor itself.
There's a very good chance that it may just be a revision change of the box artwork, or possibly a region specific box indicator.

BTW, where do you guys see the option to set DP 1.1 vs 1.2 on the monitors menu?
I've looked high and low and don't see that option with my UM95 ( maybe I'm going blind ) :cool:

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. So...good to be back!! Got my LG this morning and couldn't be happier. No dead pixels, backlight bleed...just perfect. I really love the aspect ratio. I think it's the real deal.

Can someone post a link to the software drivers? Can't seem to find them on the LG site.

[H]ealer;1040939827 said:
It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. So...good to be back!! Got my LG this morning and couldn't be happier. No dead pixels, backlight bleed...just perfect. I really love the aspect ratio. I think it's the real deal.

Can someone post a link to the software drivers? Can't seem to find them on the LG site.

You have a cd with the drivers in the bag the manual came in....

I never read the manual either ;p

Played Titan Fall and BF4 with a single GTX770 4GB, plays pretty good on high settings at its native resolution. PS4 works quite well too, very clear picture and the black bars dont bother me at all.

You have a cd with the drivers in the bag the manual came in....

I never read the manual either ;p

Yep, but I read here that what came on the cd was crapola. There was a link posted with better software. I just can't find the post.

I searched the US and British websites for links to download the monitor software (including True Color Finder). Nowhere to be found.

Before giving up, I decided to see if the Germans had it. Yup: http://www.lg.com/de/service-produkt/lg-34UM95

It looks like it is from April, though. Probably the same as what is on the CD.

Amazon shipped mine Thursday, but won't see it till Tuesday unless a minor shipping miracle happens.

I'm still waiting for mine from b&h, pre order on 15th of June.
Hopefully on the 7th they are going to send it.

Anyone get the Colormunki to work with LG color finder? It sees the device as a i1Display Pro but I receive the follow error:

Frys' in Chicagoland just got some in stock, reserved mine and going to pick it up now. If anyone else wants one, and wants to pay shipping, lmk in the next 30 minutes or so.

Mine shipped from Costco, coming Thursday. Believe they still got some in stock.

I honestly have a very small chance at keeping it, i'm almost expecting lots of backlight bleed at this point.

If any midwestern folks are going to order from Costo and ponder the express shipping, mine shipped from Dallas, TX and I'm in Missouri. I think I paid the extra $36 for nothing.

Just got a Rev .02 from Fry's, had them open it in store to check for bleed. I had a Catleap and U2412 to compare this to, I don't even see any IPS glow yet, and there is no backlight bleed at all. I tend to be extremely picky, so I am extremely impressed so far. Also, I am able to drive the display at native resolution from a 2013 MacBook Air over Thunderbolt, so it does not require anything overly special on the Apple side to work and look amazing.

Also, I am able to drive the display at native resolution from a 2013 MacBook Air over Thunderbolt, so it does not require anything overly special on the Apple side to work and look amazing.

Can you confirm it's at 60 Hz and not 50 or less? 3440x1440@60. Thanks.

Hi guys

I am now on my second LG 34UM95-P I bought it to go with my trash can Mac Pro and PC.

The display is awesome for the audio editing / recording work I do but I think I may have a issue with the USB ports on the monitor and would like to ask a massive favour and see if anyone here could test something for me ?

My issue is that I have the display connected over thunder bolt to the Mac Pro and then I put a USB self powered drive or SSD in a enclosure connected to the USB 3 port.

I can then see the drive but can't use it it will actually crash my Mac Pro and I need to hot plug the drives to get the mac running again

I have spoken with Over Clockers who I have bought it form and they are having the same issue on PC

I can use it if I use a USB data + power cable and connect to 2 ports on the monitor then the drives work fine.

Spoke with LG t and they told me that there is no known issues doing what I describe ( i am now waiting to hear back from them again since this is the 3rd monitor I know of with this issue )

Has any one else ran into this problem or could perhaps please test it with a few USB 3 self powered drives?

I've tried Samsung evo SSD's in various enclosures OCZ vertex 460 drives in various enclosures , WD my passports , WD elements , oand a load of other various drives but all the same issue unless they are mains powered or I use the double cable.

Pen drives seem to work fine as do keyboard or mouse.

Would really appreciate if anyone else could test there ports with a few drives?

Thanks to all for any help.

Oh and for anyone interested in seeing the monitor in my setup it is here
https://www.facebook.com/Norrie.Chr...06558416719.1073741832.100003921334468&type=1
ReplyQuote MultiREP+

Hi guys

I am now on my second LG 34UM95-P I bought it to go with my trash can Mac Pro and PC.

The display is awesome for the audio editing / recording work I do but I think I may have a issue with the USB ports on the monitor and would like to ask a massive favour and see if anyone here could test something for me ?

My issue is that I have the display connected over thunder bolt to the Mac Pro and then I put a USB self powered drive or SSD in a enclosure connected to the USB 3 port.

I can then see the drive but can't use it it will actually crash my Mac Pro and I need to hot plug the drives to get the mac running again

I have spoken with Over Clockers who I have bought it form and they are having the same issue on PC

I can use it if I use a USB data + power cable and connect to 2 ports on the monitor then the drives work fine.

Spoke with LG t and they told me that there is no known issues doing what I describe ( i am now waiting to hear back from them again since this is the 3rd monitor I know of with this issue )

Has any one else ran into this problem or could perhaps please test it with a few USB 3 self powered drives?

I've tried Samsung evo SSD's in various enclosures OCZ vertex 460 drives in various enclosures , WD my passports , WD elements , oand a load of other various drives but all the same issue unless they are mains powered or I use the double cable.

Pen drives seem to work fine as do keyboard or mouse.

Would really appreciate if anyone else could test there ports with a few drives?

Thanks to all for any help.

Oh and for anyone interested in seeing the monitor in my setup it is here
https://www.facebook.com/Norrie.Chr...06558416719.1073741832.100003921334468&type=1
ReplyQuote MultiREP+

When I plug in a USB SSD to the USB3 port I lose all my USB devices through Thunderbolt.

Something interesting popped up at Massdrop, a group buying company. Apparently they are now approved to work with LG directly and they are in talks about of listing a LG 34UM94 massdrop. Apparently its the same model as the LG 34UM95, but a "proline" and black. I hope the resolution is not 1080p haha It's not happening anytime soon, but it's something in the works.

Will from Massdrop said:
Hey Everyone,

After dozens of calls, emails, pitches, and presentations (drum roll please)... Massdrop has been approved as a direct account with LG!

It's taken some time, but we finally have preliminary pricing for your monitor. If enough people join the buy, we might be able to list it for $800 shipped.

Here's the kicker (and the reason it's taken me six days to post this update), we cant list the 34UM95, we're going to list the 34UM94 instead. Don't know that monitor? Neither does anyone else because it comes from the LG Pro line. Why would we list the pro version? It's the exact same monitor but it comes with an extra two years of manufacturer's warranty. We've also been told the 34UM94 is black instead of silver but we'll confirm when the sample arrives.

What do you think of a 34UM95 with a black case and 3 years of warranty coverage from LG for ~$800 shipped? (all shipped prices are assuming you're in the US, international shipping will cost a small fortune by virtue of the weight)

Let me know and I'll get back to LG for the next steps in getting this listed : )
Source: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/ultrawide-monitors

I'm currently interested because the group buy would potentially be priced at $800.00 Shipped (US) if there are enough buyers.

adudeinblue, thanks for the heads up on Massdrop. I got in an Adorama order while the price was still $899, think I will hold out for the Massdrop.

Back