34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

To the question on the last page:

There is no difference between the colourmunki and the i1 DisplayPro except that the Colormunki is limited to X-Rite's software alone and cannot do some of the extra features in said software. For a basic calibration it should be fine, but I don't know if it can be used with LGs internal LUT within the monitor.

Anyone looking for a price drop? I pre-ordered last night on Amazon..I'll just wait it out..and today the price dropped .69 So if you're looking to save some money now's the time.

To the question on the last page:

There is no difference between the colourmunki and the i1 DisplayPro except that the Colormunki is limited to X-Rite's software alone and cannot do some of the extra features in said software. For a basic calibration it should be fine, but I don't know if it can be used with LGs internal LUT within the monitor.

Thanks. The part in bold is what I am really interested in.

Can anyone here who has tried it confirm this one way or the other?

Cable question. I need to get a mini DP to DP. Monocable has them but says it is DP 1.1 that does not carry audio? So what does this mean for my cable purchase? Seems I need 1.2?

Anyone looking for a price drop? I pre-ordered last night on Amazon..I'll just wait it out..and today the price dropped .69 So if you're looking to save some money now's the time.

Dang, back to $999.99 ..missed out! :D

So, since this isn't really a pre-order at Amazon anymore, just perpetually out-of-stock.. do they still do their lowest-price guarantee deal? (ie, place order at $999 today, drops to $995 tomorrow, then back to $999.. then ships next month. Which price would they charge you?)

Seriously...I'm waiting on one too. I've searched around google and it appears no new news regarding the Dell version. Mostly old stuff from many months ago

I have google alerts for the keywords and there's been nothing that I've found.

Beautiful monitor, unfortunately mine has a glass flaw in the bottom left corner. Already got my RMA approved but will wait to ship it out tomorrow as I want to use it more before having to wait again. I would of gave it the weekend and mailed it Monday but Tuesday is a holiday here in Canada and I don't want to cause any problem with the window you are given to ship back the RMA.

Seriously...I'm waiting on one too. I've searched around google and it appears no new news regarding the Dell version. Mostly old stuff from many months ago

Dell isnt even a player at this point. Nobody seems to know what they are doing. A shame too because some competition would help drive down prices possibly.

Dell isnt even a player at this point. Nobody seems to know what they are doing. A shame too because some competition would help drive down prices possibly.

This will happen... eventually.

LG is the only one making these panels. Both Dell and AOC (and eventually the Korean ripoffs) will have to wait until LG can meet its on needs before it starts selling them to others.

I don't think we'll see LG panels in another brand until either 1) LGs production of the panels overcomes demand (which seems like will be awhile if the recall rumors are true) or 2) someone else comes out with a comparative panel.

Wohoo just got my UM95 today ... love it so far ... stunning colors and IQ

I do miss the height of my 3007 but the width more than makes up for it :) .... for some reason though it seems a lot smaller than my 30. I'll see how they look when i place them side by side

It was manufactured in may 2014 in Korea

PS. Movies in their native format ... drool ;)

Tell me about it, I have my 55" TV and HTPC right beside my computer. Somehow I have a feeling that my TV will soon be for PS4 only ;p

Hey guys, where did you order from? because i ordered from B&H on the 15 of june and no word yet, although my status order has been changed from BK to On Order.

Beautiful monitor, unfortunately mine has a glass flaw in the bottom left corner. Already got my RMA approved but will wait to ship it out tomorrow as I want to use it more before having to wait again. I would of gave it the weekend and mailed it Monday but Tuesday is a holiday here in Canada and I don't want to cause any problem with the window you are given to ship back the RMA.

Ah, so you are the "other" guy in Canada who got one :cool:

Too bad about the glass flaw, what does it look like?

Mine is out for delivery today according to UPS. Ordered from NE. Cant wait.

B&H had a date of June 30th, still do, so I'm guessing that's when they will ship out from B&H to customers. Could be July 1st though depending on when B&H gets them. According to their website the extra $100 off ends tomorrow, Saturday, June 28th so if you are going to order better do it quick.

Mine came in last night. Absolutely gorgeous. Sadly I didn't have much time to play with. Just a few minutes of gaming and a few minutes of a 21:9 movie. It is showing some orange IPS glow in all four corners. I'm getting a ColorMunki tomorrow and I'm hoping that calibrating will take that down a notch. I'd really hate to have to RMA it.

Ah, so you are the "other" guy in Canada who got one :cool:

Too bad about the glass flaw, what does it look like?

Hehe, when I did the cross ship the guy on the phone said that about me as well...that I got shipped right from their supplier in Toronto and that's why I had it before NCIX did, even in BC. My replacement is going to come straight from the supplier as well according to the guy that I talked too.

It's about a 5 pixel wide crack on the inside of the glass. pixels still work. so when it's bright colours it reflects quite a bit on the crack, but when dark you don't even see it at all. It's something a normal person could live with...I am not normal.

I was kinda surprised it got past QA, makes me worry about the others one if they would let something that big slip by.

Wohoo just got my UM95 today ... love it so far ... stunning colors and IQ

I do miss the height of my 3007 but the width more than makes up for it :) .... for some reason though it seems a lot smaller than my 30. I'll see how they look when i place them side by side

It was manufactured in may 2014 in Korea

PS. Movies in their native format ... drool ;)

can you post a pic of the 34um95 and you 3007 side by side?

Two problems, after running the UM95 for a while on Win8.1, driven by dual GTX 780s. *tim allen grunt noise*

(1) I find that from time to time, when Windows dialog boxes pop up, the monitor loses sync. I have to turn it off and on again to get the screen to come back.

(2) When things come back from any power cycle (or sometimes just from a screensaver), all the windows appear to be compacted and overlapped into a 1024x768-ish area of the screen. I have to resize things and drag them out again.

Anyone else see this? Ideas to solve?

Last edited:
can you post a pic of the 34um95 and you 3007 side by side?

Sure thing...just give me few days to find a bit of time.

Huge workload .... perfect timing too since I want to play some games on the monitor and I don't even have the time to turn in on

Hehe, when I did the cross ship the guy on the phone said that about me as well...that I got shipped right from their supplier in Toronto and that's why I had it before NCIX did, even in BC. My replacement is going to come straight from the supplier as well according to the guy that I talked too.

It's about a 5 pixel wide crack on the inside of the glass. pixels still work. so when it's bright colours it reflects quite a bit on the crack, but when dark you don't even see it at all. It's something a normal person could live with...I am not normal.

I was kinda surprised it got past QA, makes me worry about the others one if they would let something that big slip by.

Yes mine came directly from the Toronto supplier as well.
To this day I haven't received a shipping notice from where I bought the display from, go figure?

It's unfortunate to hear about the crack in your screen. These things happen sometimes. Wonder if it was something that happened at the factory or during transport?

lets hope you get a speedy replacement ;)

Two problems, after running the UM95 for a while on Win8.1, driven by dual GTX 780s. *tim allen grunt noise*

(1) I find that from time to time, when Windows dialog boxes pop up, the monitor loses sync. I have to turn it off and on again to get the screen to come back.

(2) When things come back from any power cycle (or sometimes just from a screensaver), all the windows appear to be compacted and overlapped into a 1024x768-ish area of the screen. I have to resize things and drag them out again.

Anyone else see this? Ideas to solve?

Hmmm.... I'm running a single GTX 780ti and I can't say I've seen anything like this yet.

I thought I might have to go with an SLI setup, but I've been pleasantly surprised with how well a single 780ti performs with this display.

I think I'll wait for the next gen cards to come out before looking at getting any sort of new gfx card(s).

Last edited:
It's unfortunate to hear about the crack in your screen. These things happen sometimes. Wonder if it was something that happened at the factory or during transport?

lets hope you get a speedy replacement ;)

Can't be, it's on the inside layer of the glass, not the outside.

So where do you guys prefer to buy this monitor from? LG34UM95?

Edit: nvm.. i guess Newegg or microcenter.

I just ordered the UM95 and quick question for y'all- right now I've got a 580GTX (with a displayport)- will the 1.5GB of RAM be enough for some occasional gaming in TF2 or something? I'm going to be really busy for the next four months and all I'll need to do is really just work on patient charts- I just need to know if I need to order something like a 780ti now, or if I can wait four months and use what I've got until I have more free time.

I just ordered the UM95 and quick question for y'all- right now I've got a 580GTX (with a displayport)- will the 1.5GB of RAM be enough for some occasional gaming in TF2 or something? I'm going to be really busy for the next four months and all I'll need to do is really just work on patient charts- I just need to know if I need to order something like a 780ti now, or if I can wait four months and use what I've got until I have more free time.

580GTX will drive 2D fine at full resolution on this monitor.

You might want to drop the resolution or game detail a bit for TF2

NOW can we talk about this rash I have

Dammit.. This is the reason I don't go to this part of the forum.. Because id end up getting beat up by the wife :(

What's the deal with the constant screen shutting off and LOUD popping noises when DP 1.2 is enabled?

If I'm using single screen, no chaining do I need DP 1.2 or can I stick with DP 1.1 for 60Hz?

Anyone have experience with the monoprice VESA mounts?

Well, I can tell you that this one won't work for the UM95. The size of the rails is ok, but the hole pattern makes it so that you can't attach them without blocking the inputs on the monitor. Specifically the DC IN, HDMI1 and DisplayPort. :(

Last edited:
Back