34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Called Adorama about my backorder (from May 12'ish I think), but they have no idea when they are receiving more. My patience wears thin...

Wow, check out this horrid experience I just had:

First:

returnhell_zps6ca5247c.png

A few days ago:

Yay_zps960b0f6a.png

Aaaaand today:

horrible_support_zps0f4da800.png

Any further attempts to contact chat support result in the CSR just ignoring me and disconnecting the chat after about 10 minutes (it seems "Eric" is the only chat CSR that works there besides George, or perhaps its just a pseudonym):

Chat03_zps8e1a0001.png

TLDR: LG "customer service" sucks thus far #firstworldproblems #fml #yolo

Last edited:
dave3533

Wow, that would piss me off to no end. Holy sh!t bad support. But all customer service blows the past 10 - 15yrs, sucks :(

Sigh....first world problems I know, just frustrating. It's like "I know you could easily just check the RMA and give me the status because people in your department have before (and not mentioned anything about not supporting this monitor). I know its not your job apparently, but instead you have decided not to help or be sympathetic at all". I tried to go through chat again and through some curse ended up with the same guy. He actually just ignored my request to check an RMA number and exited that chat. LOL, fun times

Anyways, I posted my experience just to caution folks about getting specifics / following up with LG for support. I'll followup with what ends up happening, I've sent a followup to their email support (all of their phone support is closed). Sorry if my post detracts from this otherwise awesome monitor / thread. I really do think its a great monitor!

Last edited:
Wow that is really bad Support. Good thing that I didn't bought this monitor through Ebay or I'll have a bad time to send it back if its defected.

This month is really bad for me since I just send this Monitor to RMA and its been about 5-6 days now and still nothing but I didn't do it through LG and my PS4 is broken too and hopefully Sony got it by now and will repair or send me a replacement.

I hope you'll have a better month then me :D

The 34UM95 arrived from newegg and I have it mounted to my Ergotron LX arm.
After tightening the joint with a hex wrench the arm easily supports the weight of the monitor.
Plugged it in by displayport on my GTX 780 Ti and went to native resolution, no dead pixels
that I can see. Great!

I use the Ergotron MX at work for my big heavy Samsung 305T.
The MX is less flexible in terms of positioning but it can handle heavier monitors.
Honestly I would suggest using the LX over the MX for the LG.

I'm trying to decide whether to wait for my Amazon order to go through or grab one from the Egg. Tough choice. What say ye denziens of the [H]?

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide whether to wait for my Amazon order to go through or grab one from the Egg. Tough choice. What say ye denziens of the [H]?

I'd buy from Newegg if you want it now, are planning on keeping it (not returning for any reason), and don't mind paying $8 for shipping.

I'd wait for Amazon if you aren't sure the monitor will be for you (may return), don't mind waiting, and want free shipping.

Honestly, if my preorder was for $999 instead of $899 I'd cancel and go with Newegg. There is something to be said for getting it now versus later.

I'd buy from Newegg if you want it now, are planning on keeping it (not returning for any reason), and don't mind paying $8 for shipping.

I'd wait for Amazon if you aren't sure the monitor will be for you (may return), don't mind waiting, and want free shipping.

Honestly, if my preorder was for $999 instead of $899 I'd cancel and go with Newegg. There is something to be said for getting it now versus later.

I decided to just go for it. I'll wait until I get the shipping notice from Newegg, then cancel the Amazon order.

Amazing monitor. My friends have this and the level of detail and the amount of productivity you can get out of it is superb.

Gonna pick this up next week!

The anandtech review was very favorable but made mention of "a scant 18ms" in regards to input lag and that kind of made me chuckle. Since when would a figure like that be considered scant and especially in a gaming context?

it's scant for a 34" ips monitor

don't be an a-hole lol

I've been looking at this monitor for weeks. Finally pulled the trigger on a pre-order on B&H's website. They have the price at $899 with free 2-day shipping. They are estimating 6/30 for availability, but who knows when they will have them in stock.

Hmmm... buy now from NE or wait and see if I can get it $100 cheaper later from B&H? Won't buy from Amazon because they charge me tax now. Decisions...decisions.

Edit: Well, pulled the trigger. If I knew more about B&H I'd go with them but for a purchase this large I ordered from NE. I feel more comfortable going with a known company and how they treat customers and potential problems. My guess is that if B&H does in fact sell them for $900 NE and others will probably lower the price to match. However B&H says 'for release in limited Qty' so I'm guessing they wont be selling many.

Last edited:
Which company is better? Adorama or BH? BH seems like the better deal with some cash back and expedited shipping. However, if adorama has better return policy i'll go with them instead.

I've ordered other stuff from B&H in the past. I've had no issues and they have a 30 day return policy as well.

Well, I know B&H has been around a while. They have a good rep even if its not well known. If it were me I'd go with B&H simply because to me they are a more well known entity. I've only this year heard of Adorama. That's just me though.

Which company is better? Adorama or BH? BH seems like the better deal with some cash back and expedited shipping. However, if adorama has better return policy i'll go with them instead.

I got mine from Adorama. They are good! Fast shipping, their return policy is better than neweggs 15% restocking nonsense and they price matched me to $899. Dont confuse their monitor return policy with their HDTV return policy.

"B&H Photo Video, founded in 1973 and located at 420 Ninth Avenue on the corner of West 34th Street in Manhattan, New York City, is the largest non-chain photo and video equipment store in the United States"

Check out the store in person if you are ever in NYC! :D

I wonder if NCX will be able to get his hands on one of these. My interest level in these has increased.

What is the factory warranty on these? 1 year?

I am wondering if it might be worthwhile to purchase a 3 year SqaureTrade warranty.

Depends, how often do monitors actually fail after say, the first 6 months? (And then of course years later) I wouldn't say it would be likely.

I've been looking at this monitor for weeks. Finally pulled the trigger on a pre-order on B&H's website. They have the price at $899 with free 2-day shipping. They are estimating 6/30 for availability, but who knows when they will have them in stock.

I have read people who ordered from bhp last month have yet to receive their monitor. I ordered from adorama and i am in the same situation as well.

I would be surprised if the estimated ship date is actually accurate

@lee0539 B&H is a VERY reliable company. You will have no problems with them.

The B&H June 30 date is just an estimate. I ordered mine over a month ago and it's still on backorder. I keep getting email updates from them saying it's still out of stock and they have no idea when it's going to get here (the most recent one came this morning @ 6am).

The warranty thing is very debatable and basically a personal preference. If it were very cheap it may be worth it for the peace of mind. I think the first 30 days is more crucial than the years later thing but that's just me. Get a warranty if you are really nervous about it.

Adorama

TV Return Policy
Up to and including 47” sealed in the original manufacturer box never opened, may be returned. (We recommend to apply insurance on shipment),

Larger than 47" cannot be returned. In the unlikely event a TV is defective the warranty is to be handled thru the manufacturer. When your TV is delivered please inspect the TV for any obvious damage. A broken or damaged outer box is a first sign that your TV may have been damaged in transit. Open the box immediately and inspect your TV. If the TV is damaged, have the driver note it on the delivery document and contact us immediately to report the damage and file a claim.

B&H

No Return/Exchange on the following:

TVs, combos and monitors 37" and larger once any of the packaging has been opened.

WoW..... Today's a good day!

Not only was I promoted to Department manager this morning, but my 34UM95-P just arrived completely unannounced!!! :eek: :D

WOOT!

Last edited:
Rather than repost a wall of text here I thought you guys might like to hear about my experience with LG's warranty support regarding my 34UM95 which developed backlight bleed 2 weeks after purchase.

I've posted about it on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/28vllb/so_i_was_really_pleased_with_my_lg_34_ultrawide/

I feel for you, I love the monitor myself and I guess I got lucky to not have any bleed issues a month and half later. Not good to see such poor CS from HQ, I wonder if stock wasn't a problem would the RMA process have been a better experience. Either way its no excuse on their part on the way they handled the RMA, LG should have just exchanged the monitor when the part could not be sourced.

I feel for you, I love the monitor myself and I guess I got lucky to not have any bleed issues a month and half later. Not good to see such poor CS from HQ, I wonder if stock wasn't a problem would the RMA process have been a better experience. Either way its no excuse on their part on the way they handled the RMA, LG should have just exchanged the monitor when the part could not be sourced.

I agree. The very least they could have done was maybe said something like "We cannot source the part in question so we are getting a direct replacement shipped in from Korea and that will take another week"

At least then I could have returned the 29" on time and bought another monitor to try out, maybe the Asus 32" VA - Make the most out of the opportunity and DSR.

"B&H Photo Video, founded in 1973 and located at 420 Ninth Avenue on the corner of West 34th Street in Manhattan, New York City, is the largest non-chain photo and video equipment store in the United States"

Check out the store in person if you are ever in NYC! :D

I go there all the time. It's a highly reputable store.

Back