34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

can someone post up a pic of HiRez Smite? its a free to play moba that is beautiful. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! or if you own dark souls 2, or even the wildstar beta this weekend, and or planetside 2!!!!

WildStar Beta 3440x1440

kpLrXTy.png

Last edited:
Can someone include their calibration settings on this monitor that they think look good? The stock out of box colors looks pretty great to me already but wouldn't mind messing with it a little, I just don't know much about doing that sort of stuff.

Can someone include their calibration settings on this monitor that they think look good? The stock out of box colors looks pretty great to me already but wouldn't mind messing with it a little, I just don't know much about doing that sort of stuff.

I am using the Cinema pre set for now. The out of the box setting is way to bright. Brightness and contrast were 100% on mine

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm for only a $300 difference it seems pretty stupid to buy the 1080p version. Of course you have to factor in a $300 video card vs a $600 video card. I guess it's really a $600 difference lol

You telling this to a guy that has a 34UM95 en route for delivery next week :D
I just posted the UM65 as a PSA for the few who are interested in the "economy" model.

Anybody know anything about Vesa mounts and want to chime in on something that will mesh well with this display? I was thinking an ergotron that mounts to my desk, but i'd like a second opinion. :D

Here are some pictures from some games, movies and of my Ergotron LX mount that works great! Sorry, bad iPhone quality for the pictures

Compared to 2 24" monitors
6CCB0F80-CEC8-4B29-A12D-40F4341735F7.jpg

The Ergotron LX Mount
78AF11F4-319E-4B33-8314-13C1F4617238.jpg

Some Call of Duty Ghosts
EB9210D6-5EC3-4E93-9894-80A720CC493F.jpg

D4B18FD3-C285-4136-94D4-15CE07AAD2E1.jpg

Some BF4
EFD4E6E4-F199-4AF2-B6AE-F49014E49683.jpg

Counter Strike GO
C944BCB2-E001-453C-B030-1F463DF02973.jpg

Transformers!
5986B62C-1B9F-42C4-B73C-8963D6FFA971.jpg

CoD Ghosts still looks as bad as I remember (graphics wise, not your monitor, I would make love to your monitor). But great choice on the Transformers shot (meowburta meowbertson)

Here are some pictures from some games, movies and of my Ergotron LX mount that works great! Sorry, bad iPhone quality for the pictures

Some Call of Duty Ghosts
EB9210D6-5EC3-4E93-9894-80A720CC493F.jpg

]

Your FOV looks a little off, are you using Flawless Widescreen? if not you should

And everyone that buys this monitor should download it for games that don't natively support 21:9

Money bet Watch Dogs doesn't support 21:9.:(

Flawless Widescreen looks interesting. Does it work with every program or just with the ones listed?

Money bet Watch Dogs doesn't support 21:9.:(

Flawless Widescreen looks interesting. Does it work with every program or just with the ones listed?

Just ones listed, but its a fantastic program easy to use and is pretty much mandatory for eyefinity set ups.

As for Watch Dogs I would bet money it supports multi monitor since almost every Ubisoft game has out of the box(Far Cry 3, Ass Creed, Splinter Cell, etc.)

I really hope Watch Dogs supports 21:9 as it's the game I've been looking forward to most in the next few months.

This monitor has no height adjustment, correct? I built a little monitor stand out of 3 blocks of wood that I might have to use for it.

I really hope Watch Dogs supports 21:9 as it's the game I've been looking forward to most in the next few months.

This monitor has no height adjustment, correct? I built a little monitor stand out of 3 blocks of wood that I might have to use for it.

It has two very small levels of adjustment that require you to remove the monitor from the stand.

Also more tilt functionality than i though, but still not anything. I'd imagine power users will want to get a Vesa mount.

As you can see from my signature, it's time for a GPU upgrade. I play LoL currently and I may even be able to get away with it at this resolution, but I'm looking at options. I think the rest of my rig should be OK.

Can I get away with a 770 at this resolution? It seems like it would be a shame to buy a 780 (or 780 ti) right now when new cards are just around the corner.

Thoughts would be great. Been out of the GPU loop since 2012.

As you can see from my signature, it's time for a GPU upgrade. I play LoL currently and I may even be able to get away with it at this resolution, but I'm looking at options. I think the rest of my rig should be OK.

Can I get away with a 770 at this resolution? It seems like it would be a shame to buy a 780 (or 780 ti) right now when new cards are just around the corner.

I don't see any actual proof that new gpus are just around the corner. I would grab a 780 if you can find a good deal on one. The MSI 780 like I have is on sale for $459 which sadly is about as cheap as it gets.

Can anyone tells me if this Vesa Mounting (not sure if I use the right word lol) work?

Link: Neo-Flex® Widescreen Lift Stand

Anyone got any PS3/PS4 games and can take some pictures with this LG 34UM95 Monitor? I play mostly The Last of Us on PS3 and I want this LG/Dell Monitor for Movie, Web browsen and Consol Games :)

Edite: If you guys got any other Monitor please put this LG 34UM95 Monitor next to it so I can compare it :p.......(I know.....I know....I ask too much lol)

Just for LoL? I would just hang on tot he 560ti until the next gen rolls around. \

If you play anything else i'd spring for something higher end, I JUST installed SLI 680's earlier today and they can max everything so far at ultra with 60FPS.

If I'm not mistaken the only new GPU around the corner is the 6GB memory models from Nvidia, right? Right now I'm thinking a 4GB model would be enough for this resolution. 3GB most likely enough too.

Hmmm New egg is losing my respect and business more each day. Nice job jacking the price an extra $100 on a hot item...

Amazon will rule the world.

Hmmm New egg is losing my respect and business more each day. Nice job jacking the price an extra $100 on a hot item...

They are terrible now, I stopped shopping there after they claimed I bent the CPU pins on a mobo and wouldn't refund me.. It took like a week for them after receiving the mobo to process the RMA also. Argued it and in the end only got half of my money back. Amazon on the other hand, usually processes refunds as soon as they receive the item, sometimes even offers to refund before they receive it.

I now shop at Amazon even if the price ends up being a little higher, because it is worth the piece of mind. Not worth saving a few $$ to get something at newegg and deal with the horrid CS and confusing return polices.

Not for me though. Amazon just started charging tax in FL. Any big ticket item will come from my local TigerDirect.
Good thing I bought my price mistake GTX 780 on Thusday, because the next morning, 6% tax was applied. Whew!
If there's a problem, I'll return it same day. But I'll continue to buy anything else under $200 from Amazon instead of Newegg.

I bought a power cord extension cable with Shoprunner on Thursday and they shipped it ground.
This is the second time the did that shit. I doubt they're still honoring all Shoprunner shipping now they have Premier.

Man, these screenshots and pictures... As soon as these come in stock in the UK I think I'll take the plunge.

Hard to justify these when the Samsung U28D590D 4K Monitor is already at $550

Is 70 cm viewing distance ok for this monitor?
Question for the guys who already have it: how is the motion blur in fast paced games?
I'm 95% set on this monitor :D.

Man, these screenshots and pictures... As soon as these come in stock in the UK I think I'll take the plunge.

They're orderable on Amazon UK, from a German supplier, Foto Koester, for £853.62.

Last edited:
Hard to justify these when the Samsung U28D590D 4K Monitor is already at $550

Not really. The 590 isn't very good. It has horrible color a crappy stand no vesa mounts and really bad back light bleed.

Compare that to this and it really isn't a hard decision if you're looking for a UHD.

Ah yeah, I am also curious as to what the recommended viewing distance is for such a big monitor.

Damnit Newegg! I paid an extra $2 for 3day shipping and they still shipped it out 6 day UPS shipping. I won't be getting it until next Thurs.:mad:

Back