34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Amazon is notorious for completely random release dates. So don't believe anything.

FYI anyone looking to buy that one from Amazon- I emailed the seller and its the South Korean version shipped from South Korea(which also means it requires a AC power adapter which they would provide).

The seller told me they "hope it will be released by the 13th" and then it will also take another 10-15 days of shipping from South Korea. :/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FYI anyone looking to buy that one from Amazon- I emailed the seller and its the South Korean version shipped from South Korea(which also means it requires a AC power adapter which they would provide).

The seller told me they "hope it will be released by the 13th" and then it will also take another 10-15 days of shipping from South Korea. :/

Ouch. So probably another month or even more for availability in the US then?

Awww man... I just got a U2913WM in December. Technology these days... you just can't stay ahead.

Ouch. So probably another month or even more for availability in the US then?

My guess is we won't see the LG or Dell till late April/May. Otherwise there wouldn't be international sellers trying to sell pre-ordered Korean versions on ebay/Amazon/newegg for more money if the US release was immanent. (I hope I am wrong)

I pre-ordered one of these yesterday morning here in Canada from Hookbag ($1,030.00 CAD + Free shipping), unfortunately later in the afternoon they sent an email stating that they had cancelled my order (no specific reason given) :(

I have also noticed that some other e-tailer's that had this monitor on their site earlier this week... now do not. Wonder what's going on?

I'm currently running a 21:9 - LG 29EA93-P and absolutely love it!
The only thing better IMO would be a larger/higher res version...
Enter the 34UM95! ..... Thus... I WANT ONE! :D

I pre-ordered one of these yesterday morning here in Canada from Hookbag ($1,030.00 CAD + Free shipping), unfortunately later in the afternoon they sent an email stating that they had cancelled my order (no specific reason given) :(

I have also noticed that some other e-tailer's that had this monitor on their site earlier this week... now do not. Wonder what's going on?

I'm currently running a 21:9 - LG 29EA93-P and absolutely love it!
The only thing better IMO would be a larger/higher res version...
Enter the 34UM95! ..... Thus... I WANT ONE! :D

Sounds like they have no idea when these will be released.

I got an email today from the eBay seller saying LG told them it is now delayed past March 13th and they don't have a new availability date yet.

Amazon.com shows Mar.20th as the expected arrival day.... who knows tho?

I'm just hoping prices stay close to $1,000.00 ;)

I'm still having a hard decision whether I want to get one of these or one of those $800 4k displays. I have 3 Titans, so I'm all set for either (but obviously I'll do better with this display).

I'd either go with a 16:9 4k and a smaller monitor on the side or one of these. I'm going to go for one of these I think.

Amazon.com shows Mar.20th as the expected arrival day.... who knows tho?

I'm just hoping prices stay close to $1,000.00 ;)

if the prices were actually that low on this display i would be STOKED. I'm considering hopping on an nvidia surround setup, but i'm going to wait until the end of march for this display to decide =p

Patience is a difficult virtue.

if the prices were actually that low on this display i would be STOKED. I'm considering hopping on an nvidia surround setup, but i'm going to wait until the end of march for this display to decide =p

I haven't seen any in Canada listed for more than $1,200 CAD so far.
US pricing (for some strange reason) seems higher at around $1,500 US :confused:

Guess we'll have to wait for the dust to settle and see what the actual price will be once stock is available.

Won't three of these just be WAYYYYYY too wide?

Won't three of these just be WAYYYYYY too wide?

Not three of these, three of something else. If they price this closer to 1500 than 1000, i'll go in another direction, i love this monitor (i tested it out during CES), but it's not worth THAT much to me.

Got an update from Hookbag today...
They said that they had to cancel my order because their supplier has suddenly removed availability of the 34UM95-P.
As such, they couldn't put one on pre-order for me and have also removed it from their website.

Looks like there's some delays indeed.... :eek:

Not three of these, three of something else. If they price this closer to 1500 than 1000, i'll go in another direction, i love this monitor (i tested it out during CES), but it's not worth THAT much to me.

Got it.

3x 27" korean monitors would be about $1k, right? I suppose that's way too many pixels to push though.

i think i just wet my pants a little.

it's really a toss up between the ROG SWIFT and one of these :X

Yeah me too but i'm really afraid of the bleed and glow this expensive monitor might have. Bleed and glow was quite common in the 29'' series. Plus, 5ms gtg isn't that good. Oh and we don't know of it's input lag as well.

ROG SWIFT seems a safer bet and i wouldn't mind take a look at Samsung's proposal of 4k 28'' 1ms 600$ monitor

http://pcmonitors.info/samsung/samsung-u28d590d-28-inch-uhd-4k-monitor

Last edited:
Yeah me too but i'm really afraid of the bleed and glow this expensive monitor might have. Bleed and glow was quite common in the 29'' series. Plus, 5ms gtg isn't that good. Oh and we don't know of it's input lag as well.

ROG SWIFT seems a safer bet and i wouldn't mind take a look at Samsung's proposal of 4k 28'' 1ms 600$ monitor

http://pcmonitors.info/samsung/samsung-u28d590d-28-inch-uhd-4k-monitor

Last I heard the 29" was actually pretty decent with the recent revision

i have a DELL u2913wm and have ZERO problems with it. sure the ips glow shows a bit in the corners on a completely black screen, but to me that's acceptable.

i like the screen, just missing the vertical estate. bought a qnix a couple of months ago and resold it, couldn't stand the PLS panel and its warm colors and since nvidia cannot force the ICC profile in fullscreen applications, i jut got rid of it.

so now, i'm waiting for the reviews of the SWIFT in regards to colors (or how bad they are compared to IPS) and then i'll decide whether to get that or wait for one of these :)

Whenever I feel lazy to watch a movie on my home theater I watch movies with my 32" HDTV which I also use for playing console and PC games. In 2:35:1 mode which is what most movies nowadays uses, this 21:9 34" monitor provides a 12.05% larger diagonal and overall a 25.55% larger area which is great news for watching movies; however, I just hope that this monitor won't have the same flaw my U2913WM did which was extreme lag and unacceptable input response. Watching action scenes with my U2913WM was an awful experience that gave me headaches and made me return it to amazon.

i have a DELL u2913wm and have ZERO problems with it. sure the ips glow shows a bit in the corners on a completely black screen, but to me that's acceptable.

i like the screen, just missing the vertical estate. bought a qnix a couple of months ago and resold it, couldn't stand the PLS panel and its warm colors and since nvidia cannot force the ICC profile in fullscreen applications, i jut got rid of it.

so now, i'm waiting for the reviews of the SWIFT in regards to colors (or how bad they are compared to IPS) and then i'll decide whether to get that or wait for one of these :)

my qnix is anything but warm, if anything it's too cool... color profile keeper also makes icc profiles work in fullscreen games.

any updates on launch dates? super excited about this display

I expect we will know more come the 20th. As that is the "expected" release date on amazon, and more and more of the displays are showing up on ebay (albeit overpriced and from Seoul)

If i don't hear anything by the end of this month i'll be pretty disappointed though. Even a staggered back release date would be good to know about at this point.

ebizelectronics.ca in Canada has the 34UM95-P listed for $995.27 CAD.
That's the cheapest I've seen to date!
I've never dealt with this company though, so I'm iffy on ordering one from them :confused:

ebizelectronics.ca in Canada has the 34UM95-P listed for $995.27 CAD.
That's the cheapest I've seen to date!
I've never dealt with this company though, so I'm iffy on ordering one from them :confused:

Coudl you post a link? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Someone needs to get a hold of one and do some input lag tests.
Also nice to see that there are VESA mount holes in the back.

I'm running a 19" crappy LCD until this baby is available. It just looks like it would be that good of a solution to me.

Well scratch Ebiz...
I contacted them a couple of days ago asking about availability of the UM95... No response :rolleyes:

Just checked their site and I see they've completely removed the item.
Oh well...

Well scratch Ebiz...
I contacted them a couple of days ago asking about availability of the UM95... No response :rolleyes:

Just checked their site and I see they've completely removed the item.
Oh well...

I must be checking this thread hourly waiting for something to break about this damn panel. >_>

You'd think they would want to release the damn thing around this time, plenty of people with tax money burning a hole in their pockets...

I've got my 29" EA93 in front of me so I'm alright for now.
But I gotta admit, every 2-3 days I get a strong uncontrollable urge to hit the BUY button for a 34UM95 :D

I'm however not willing to go so far as to spend $1500+ on a grey market unit.

Here's a good question. If there indeed will be a 21:9 34" 1080p and 1440p, which would you go for assuming price difference was around $500?

If you are gaming at all, this will save the need to upgrade to a beefier GPU for acceptable frame rates.

I care more about the 21:9 aspect ratio than the huge resolution as I'm not doing design work.

Here's a good question. If there indeed will be a 21:9 34" 1080p and 1440p, which would you go for assuming price difference was around $500?

If you are gaming at all, this will save the need to upgrade to a beefier GPU for acceptable frame rates.

I care more about the 21:9 aspect ratio than the huge resolution as I'm not doing design work.

Without a doubt 1440p. With a monitor that size pixel density is important to me.

Back