34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

Really wish Dell US would put the U3415W up before the end of the year for the 10%+5% shopdiscover and discover online cash rewards, but it's not looking good.

I have a similar deal with Amex that expires on 12/15, $200 off $1000. Went ahead and bought two $500 Gift Cards to take advantage of the offer since it looks like this monitor won't be available in the US until January. You could possibly do something similar.

Yes, I use picture screensaver, but when I know I'm going away from the pc for a while I just turn the monitor off or shut down the whole system since I use ssds and the boot time is really quick.

I'm curious how much power this monitor draws in standby and in use.

My Kill-a-Watt clone says between ~35W and ~70W when on (depending only on the brightness setting, not what is displayed on it), and around 0-1W during standby (probably under 1W, but the device I have can only display single watts).

My Kill-a-Watt clone says between ~35W and ~70W when on (depending only on the brightness setting, not what is displayed on it), and around 0-1W during standby (probably under 1W, but the device I have can only display single watts).

Thanks, good to know!

Isn't the hdmi limited to 50hz?
As for the sleeping, I have turned it off in control panel > power settings, so it's not an issue anymore.
Still the backlight bleeding is pretty awful but since I sold my previous monitor, I ain't gonna be sending it to the service for exchance any time soon =)

I created a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel, 3440x1440@60hz over hdmi, works fine. I have a 980 so not sure if it works because it has hdmi 2.0.

I created a custom resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel, 3440x1440@60hz over hdmi, works fine. I have a 980 so not sure if it works because it has hdmi 2.0.

Ya.

Per factory specs, HDMI 1.0 is limited to 50hz @3440 x 1440.

But since the GTX 970/980 support HDMI 2.0, evidently users have been creating custom resolutions (easy to do in Nividia control panel) while using the HDMI 2.0 output of the 970/980 and getting 60 hz.

Im curious for a game comparison using HDMI 2.0 vs DP 1.1/1.2, like is there any less screen tearing in games that require a lot of panning etc

So I hate to seem like I am bitchy, but I am completely appalled by both Newegg and USPS.
I received my monitor back from my RMA, and the screen is COMPLETELY damaged.
The damage is extremely severe, because of Newegg poor decision making and customer service, I am forced to figure out this issue alone.
I hope that USPS has better customer service and will replace this monitor for me.
I will post pictures later.

oh, man, that is terrible. was the box damaged as well? And you did have it insured for replacement value?

The box is slightly damaged with the inside Styrofoam broke as well.
I had it insured when I originally shipped it to Newegg, but I am unaware of Newegg insuring it.

Ok, so here are the photos that I have taken, to show the before and after:

Before with backlight bleed:
4ZLCbLF.jpg

Before during normal use:
qUOF3h1.jpg

After I received it back from Newegg:
ETMI9Up.jpg

I truly feel like these photos justify why I am so damn upset.
Anyone else have any other suggestions on who I can talk to, in order to get this replaced correctly?

Anyone else have any other suggestions on who I can talk to, in order to get this replaced correctly?

Ouch. Yeah I think your best recourse is to get something in writing from Newegg stating that they received it damaged. That, along with your proof that they were fine before they left your possession, will give you all the ammunition you should need to make a good insurance claim with USPS. I think they're your best option here.

If Newegg won't provide you with any kind of statement, it's charge back time.

I have the GTX 970. So what do I need to do? Switch to the HDMI cable from the box and select the 3440x1440 res @ 60hz in Nvidia Control panel?
Thank you!

I know some credit card company will cover this kind of thing when the retailers won't do it. if you pay with credit card then it worth a shot to contact them too.

I have the GTX 970. So what do I need to do? Switch to the HDMI cable from the box and select the 3440x1440 res @ 60hz in Nvidia Control panel?
Thank you!

Nvidia control panel ---- > Change Resolution ------ > Customise ------ >Create Custom Resolution -----> ' Select refresh rate 60Hz' -----> Test ----> Yes ( if you can see picture clear and working fine ) and Ok ^_^

Done. Changed cable, made custom res and it's working great. Sleeping problems are gone. Will see about the ingame tearing later on.
Thanks a lot guys!! :D

holy shit, i never seen a screen that fucked up before that wasnt done on purpose!!:eek: and you saying that newegg wont do anything about it is making me very wary purchasing any big ticket items from them for now on

I have the same setup and after reading through thisI think I am going to try out HDMI. Do you have the same issue with the windows resizing on stand by that DP has? Any difference in image quality?

Thanks

I have the same setup and after reading through thisI think I am going to try out HDMI. Do you have the same issue with the windows resizing on stand by that DP has? Any difference in image quality?

Thanks

I have been using it using this way for around a month now. There is no IQ difference and the window resizing issue is gone.

I don't know about the tearing in the middle of the screen that some people talk about -- I haven't noticed that personally.

Done. Changed cable, made custom res and it's working great. Sleeping problems are gone. Will see about the ingame tearing later on.
Thanks a lot guys!! :D

Thx bro. Try a game like Wargame Red Dragon, and pan the scenery around a lot, and see if you notice the horizontal "tear" across the screen.

Anyone have a vesa mount that supports this monitor and a 24"?? If not does anyone have a vesa mount they recommend for thus one?

Anyone get occasional noise flickers on the right half of the screen? Split the screen into 4 quadrants, it's the lower right. Happens maybe once every 20 minutes or so.

After poring over this and other threads I have ordered a refurbished UM95 from Newegg. It is covered by their IronEgg guarantee and I have a chat transcript confirming I am only liable for return shipping if it has BLB/Dead pixels, etc. It was $699 with free 3 day shipping. Hoping it pairs well with my X-55 HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous. Will keep you all posted. Thank you for all of the information/opinions/etc. in the thread. It has been quite helpful.

After poring over this and other threads I have ordered a refurbished UM95 from Newegg. It is covered by their IronEgg guarantee and I have a chat transcript confirming I am only liable for return shipping if it has BLB/Dead pixels, etc. It was $699 with free 3 day shipping. Hoping it pairs well with my X-55 HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous. Will keep you all posted. Thank you for all of the information/opinions/etc. in the thread. It has been quite helpful.

there's another option, sign up w/staples special offers thru text, i think i used a 20-30% code to buy the UM94 for $667 new!! if your not in a hurry to get one, wait till u get one of those high % codes, i dont know how long it'll take tho

there's another option, sign up w/staples special offers thru text, i think i used a 20-30% code to buy the UM94 for $667 new!! if your not in a hurry to get one, wait till u get one of those high % codes, i dont know how long it'll take tho

I signed-up for their text program just for that reason.. so far they keep sending me shitty $5 off offers (and they raised their UM94 price back up to $950 again) :rolleyes:

For those that are using HDMI 2.0 (with a Nvidia 970/980 GPU) to hook up their 34UM95, how did you do it? I am frustrated with the sleep issues with DP and would like to use HDMI, but even with my 970s I'm getting a native display of 3440x1440@50hz in control panel. I can set a custom resolution to get 60hz, but it keeps going back to 50hz whenever I go fullscreen for a game or something.

Is there something I'm missing to this?

For those that are using HDMI 2.0 (with a Nvidia 970/980 GPU) to hook up their 34UM95, how did you do it? I am frustrated with the sleep issues with DP and would like to use HDMI, but even with my 970s I'm getting a native display of 3440x1440@50hz in control panel. I can set a custom resolution to get 60hz, but it keeps going back to 50hz whenever I go fullscreen for a game or something.

Is there something I'm missing to this?

Did you try the 344.80 beta driver yet to resolve the issues with DP?

It's been mentioned so many times in this thread already that it isn't even funny:

Create a custom resolution to get 60Hz over HDMI 2.0.

Try reading next time

Neon01 said:
... I can set a custom resolution to get 60hz, but it keeps going back to 50hz whenever I go fullscreen for a game or something.

I know this is a bit late for the original post but might help others. My LG 345UM95 started popping and blinking shortly after I changed from a 6 foot DisplayPort cable to a 10 foot DP cable. I tried changing the DP setting and several other things but still got the pop and blink. One time the monitor went dead black for several seconds. LG issued an RMA (Swap) but I changed the cable back and have had no issues since so I did not send it back. I don't know if it is length of cable, size of cable, or just coincidence but I LOVE the monitor. I use it for work only and it replaced 3 screens.

In January, I will be comparing it to the Dell 34 inch curved 344 x 1440. My Dell rep says it will be released on January 6.

Try reading next time

Just setting the resolution via the Nvidia Control Panel only affects the Desktop resolution AFAIK.
You have to actually create and save it with that refresh rate, then select it here (sorry for the "GT430", posting this from work):

z4R7VXV.png

Besides that, make sure you select the proper refresh rate in the game settings (it should be there if you created it) - because some games will default to 50Hz.

I signed-up for their text program just for that reason.. so far they keep sending me shitty $5 off offers (and they raised their UM94 price back up to $950 again) :rolleyes:
staples texting out 15% promo codes today!

Back