34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - LG UM95/UM65 & Dell U3415W

I absolutely love my 21.9 29" LG Ultrawide. I am building a new PC and once the sticker shock is over I plan on buying this display. I was hoping sub $1200 though.

1500 is definitely not competitively priced, especially not with the Gsync monitors on the horizon

Yeah, third party seller and no one else has it listed. We'll see. I was hoping more towards $1000-$1200 or so, but this looks to be targeted towards professional users and not gamers since it includes thunderbolt and built-in hardware calibration.

Yeah, third party seller and no one else has it listed. We'll see. I was hoping more towards $1000-$1200 or so, but this looks to be targeted towards professional users and not gamers since it includes thunderbolt and built-in hardware calibration.

Yeah I was definitely expecting something sub-1k

Some Canadian retailers are selling it for 1-1.1K$ so expect 800-1k$ in the US. I wouldn't expect much from LG's hardware calibration since the 27EA83D's was pretty weak.

Last edited:
Some Canadian retailers are selling it for 1-1.1K$ so expect 800-1k$ in the US. I wouldn't expect much from LG's hardware calibration since the 27EA83D's was pretty weak.

Holding out hope still, even if I don't expect much. Was hoping Dell's would come out first

I'm overhauling my whole setup. When this is finally available for a good price, this will be my PC monitor.

In other news, I just picked up a BenQ w1080st projector for my movies/tv shows/titanfall gaming.

WIl project in a 120" size sitting on a coffee table 6.5ft from the wall.

Last edited:
I'll be picking up either the Dell or LG as soon as it's available as long as it's not over 1K-1.3K. Hopefully they have low input lag for gaming.

No G-Sync = no chance at my money. There is going to be a lot of tearing when you can't hold 60fps at that res. Tearing is hardly noticeable when you're running 90fps on a 1080p monitor, but 3440x1440 is going to be difficult just to maintain 60fps especially on next-generation titles.

These look far more temping than the current 29 incher batch. X_x But the 25 inch version is what has my attention.

Do we know if this is going to run at 30Hz or 60Hz yet? If it runs at 30Hz it will suck for gaming.

No G-Sync = no chance at my money. There is going to be a lot of tearing when you can't hold 60fps at that res. Tearing is hardly noticeable when you're running 90fps on a 1080p monitor, but 3440x1440 is going to be difficult just to maintain 60fps especially on next-generation titles.

it's not much more than 30inch 1600p monitor.
roughly 4.1m pixel on 1600p and 4.95m on 3440x1440
i'm sure top card now days can do 60 fps if you are willing to sacrifice some eye candy

Do we know if this is going to run at 30Hz or 60Hz yet? If it runs at 30Hz it will suck for gaming.

there's mini review on korean site i found and one of picture gives you answer
37948fed13eabc7cfd5d1f87ad0622db.jpg

I was gonna say fuck it and just order the Korean LG off Newegg or eBay, but after messaging the seller I think ill hold off if everyone thinks its gonna hit US by March.

Both the Newegg/eBay seller are saying it won't ship for 10 days then it will take another 10-12 days to get here from Korea :eek:

I'm using a laptop and holding off on using my desktop until I can order this monitor.

Has anyone seen a 3440x1440 monitor with a symmetrical bezel? Every monitor i have seen so far has a wide bottom bezel and smaller bezels on the side and top, i will be using the monitors in portrait so that bezel configuration is no option.

Hey guys!

I just found this on the biggest spanish e-tailer by far:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/lg_34um95_p_34__ips.html

They say the release will be around May. And, once you factor our shitty taxes (21% VAT, wut?! ), shitty shipping and all the other shit we suffer in Europe... the US price should be below $800.

---

BTW, is it really worth it to overclock de monitor? I have the LG 29EA93 and heard about it doing 70+hz but... is it worth it? Any drawbacks?

Unfortunately, I don't think this monitor won't be fast enough to be suited for gaming, at least not racing or FPS which is 99% of my gaming...

I've always been tempted to do an eyefinity/surround setup but I've always thought the bezels (no matter how small) look like ****. This monitor looks great. I'm looking forward to the reviews. :)

I really hope it's fast enough for simracing. Some panel overclocking ability would be sweet too. I am dreaming about 96 hz on this :)

Censor rules vastly different than in the USA obviously. :D

I made an account on here just to follow this thread and see if anything new comes out about it. So far the pre-order on amazon says it's to be released on March 13th but i don't really trust it...

I made an account on here just to follow this thread and see if anything new comes out about it. So far the pre-order on amazon says it's to be released on March 13th but i don't really trust it...

It's also priced at $1500. :eek:

Back