32inch 4k monitor

Looking at trying to buy a 32 inch 4k monitor.I was thinking of benq pd3200u,maybe the asus pa328q,benq bl3201pt.Trying to keep the ones that are hdcp2.2 compliant that way i can watch 4k blu-rays.I will not be gaming on the monitor since i have other monitors for gaming.I might stretch the size range if it might be easier to just buy the 40 inch samsung6290/6300.

All sport an IPS panel, which is not ideal if you plan to watch a lot of movies, contrast ratio and black levels are definitely subpar. Have you considered a VA panel alternative?
At 32" 4K unfortunately there isn't much choice at the moment: AOC U3277PWQ or Philips 328P6VJEB. But you have to see them in action before buying (or have an easy time returning them in case) as according to review they have quite nice and punchy colors and good contrast ratio but a matte coating that spoils the show quite a bit apparently.

i would order from amazon.A va 32 inch 4k monitor would be fine too.I know of the downsided to ips and va panels as i have a mix of ips and amva monitors.I will be ordering us model only.

The AOC was reviewed by PC Monitors and of the Philips you can find a couple of reviews on Youtube in case ;)

I might try and go with the samsung 40ku7000 until there are more 4k monitors that will be hdcp2.2 compatible.

I doubt it, since the manufacturer doesn't specify it.
According to Displayspecification the only one supporting it is the new Benw PD3200U: http://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/bdcfb1c3
I'll check my monitor later on, but I have a feeling that the HDCP on that website might be a tad incomplete.

EG BL3201PT is listed as having HDCP only, not HDCP 2.2, but I am pretty sure my nVidia control panel says its HDCP 2.2 compatible.

This is over DP though, I will check with HDMI later on.

Yeah, can totally be. I do not know why, but display manufacturer tend not to reveal in the specs what version of HDCP is supported, forcing consumer to browser aimlessly on the web in order to find it.. Considering that's a feature that can make or break a video chain, I guess it's quite a big deal on which they should try to get their bearings at some point in time.. :rolleyes:

Well, do not be so sure, there are still a lot of display on sale that are not HDCP 2.2 compliant, for the same (inexplicable to me) reason that almost all displays currently sold come with DP 1.2 while the 1.4 version has been already available for quite a while (heck there are still monitors coming out that have still HDMI 1.4 only like the Omen 35..)

Well, do not be so sure, there are still a lot of display on sale that are not HDCP 2.2 compliant, for the same (inexplicable to me) reason that almost all displays currently sold come with DP 1.2 while the 1.4 version has been already available for quite a while (heck there are still monitors coming out that have still HDMI 1.4 only like the Omen 35..)

DP1.2 vs 1.4 I can semi understand, since the monitor itself would have to be able to use DP1.4, otherwise you are just locking out your customer base for no good reason.

HDMI 1.4 is definitely something completely beyond my comprehension.

My nVidia driver says my BL3201PT is HDCP protected, but it does not mention what version.

Digging in a little deeper, I found that not only the display have to have HDCP 2.2, the GPU itself also needs to have it.

Which actually completely derails my HTPC plans, as I want to use it for 4k Netflix stream box, but my GPU will not support it, I'd have to get a new one. I will most likely postpone this build in that case.

Most 4k monitors with hdmi 2.0 only support hdcp2.0 or 2.1 but ultrahd blu-rays require hdcp2.2.Only monitors i know that have hdcp2.2 over hdmi are lg 27ud68p-b,asus pa328q and329q,benq pd3200u.I ahve a 4k samsung 24ue590d monitor which only supports hdcp2.0 over hdmi 2.0.I have a gtx 960 which supports hdcp2.2 over hdmi2.0 but i will be upgrading to a gtx 1070.

Thinking of getting a 40inch samsung ku7000 since trying to find a hdcp2.2 compatible monitor is too hit and miss.

Back