32GB RDIMM ECC RAMs for ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE

chiu

Limp Gawd
I am looking for some 32GB RDIMM ECC RAMs for ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE motherboard to max out the RAM storage. But the official ASUS memory QVL of ECC memories do not include any 32GB memory modules. The best I can find on the list is Kingston 16GB ECC RAM (RDIMM).

Could you please suggest a high-density RAM module that will be compatible with the motherboard? I plan to install a Ryzen 5950x CPU on it. Thanks.

Are you sure registered ram is supported on this platform?

I thought ECC UDIMMS were required.

BTW, I do have ECC on my X570-ACE but it is unbuffered. 2X16GB ECC UDIMMs listed in my sig

Reactions: chiu
like this
Are you sure registered ram is supported on this platform?

I thought ECC UDIMMS were required.

BTW, I do have ECC on my X570-ACE but it is unbuffered. 2X16GB ECC UDIMMs listed in my sig
Actually, I have no experience with this motherboard and I am not sure. But the official QVL list includes Kingston's RDIMM (see the attached file).

It appears the motherboard works with both UDIMM and RDIMM. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.47.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.47.33 PM.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
I looked up most of the dimms, even the ones that said were registered were udimms (out of the ones I checked). As far as I know x570 doesn't support registered dimm's. The amount of work in that screenshot points it out enough. I'd get some 32 gb samsung ecc udimm's.

Here's one more option: Crucial lists two on their web site if you punch in your board. Both are the no-heatsink variety. 3200 CL22 or 2666 CL19 32GB unbuffered ECC single sticks. Both run 1.2V and are out of stock on their website. I wonder how much you could clock them up if you added heatsinks and raised the voltage. Kingston doesn't list anything useful, only non-ECC stuff.

Here's one more option: Crucial lists two on their web site if you punch in your board. Both are the no-heatsink variety. 3200 CL22 or 2666 CL19 32GB unbuffered ECC single sticks. Both run 1.2V and are out of stock on their website.

Out of stock forever. Crucial discontinued all their ECC products.

Here's one more option: Crucial lists two on their web site if you punch in your board. Both are the no-heatsink variety. 3200 CL22 or 2666 CL19 32GB unbuffered ECC single sticks. Both run 1.2V and are out of stock on their website. I wonder how much you could clock them up if you added heatsinks and raised the voltage. Kingston doesn't list anything useful, only non-ECC stuff.
I've read some poeple having trouble with the 3200 version. 2666 is more secure.

Back