32GB Kit DDR4 DEALS $93-$100 (Amazon Prime & Newegg)

Nside

Limp Gawd
RAM is dropping a bit in price again, though most are late to the party.
Here's some deals I spotted:

G.Skill Aegis 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 .... 32GB (16x2)
NewEgg, $97 Now $103... Free Shipping
156758422711.png
----------------------------

TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za 3200MHz 16-18-18-38 .... 32GB (16x2)
Amazon Prime, $100... Free Prime Shipping
Several other colors are the same price as well.
Red Vulcan Z with same specs are $93 @ Amazon (Prime)
Or $92 @ Newegg (Free Shipping)
61uxh3vElAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg61JggSIK1GL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

----------------------------------

Edit, added NE link for Vulcan RAM

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The prices went up by about $9 on the same Teamgroup modules for those two Amazon links that were posted originally.

edit: The prices are higher on them unless you are signed in with a Prime account to see the lower prices. May need to edit the title to say Amazon Prime instead of Amazon.

Just a small FYI on that G.SKILL $97 kit: no metal heat spreaders, just some printed sticker thingy. Probably not a huge deal to some.

Just a small FYI on that G.SKILL $97 kit: no metal heat spreaders, just some printed sticker thingy. Probably not a huge deal to some.
Yep. I've used Aegis in lowish-profile builds though, good stuff in my experience.
Most of the time (I mean 99.99% of the time) a heat spreader is completely unnecessary unless you plan on ramming more than the stated 1.35V through it. Otherwise, it stays well within spec, and heat spreaders are aesthetic only.

Unless we're talking about good ole RDRAM from 20 years ago... that stuff needed all the heat-spreader you could give it, and basically started the nonsensical trend of "Bigger The Heat Spreader = Faster The RAM"

Ive got 64Gb (4x16GB) of the Aegis stuff in my Dell G5/Gaming desktop and it works fine.
Never needed big fancy heatspreaders at stock speeds/voltage.

Reactions: Nside
like this
seeing this thread made me check prices over here. i bought 32gigs of 3.200mhz corsair vengeance for 107€ shipped, so thanks for that :)

Reactions: Nside
like this
Good buys but someone tell me why I need more than 16 gig for gaming. I
You don't, at least now, so if buying a new rig get the 16G (2x8) set of this for half the price, and if more ram does help in the future then you can buy another 16G set. But not worth "future proofing" because chances are by the time many (any) games really utilize 32GB ram, you may be moving onto the next type of ram.

You don't currently.
But RAM prices fluctuate, and requirements continually increase.

Also, with 32GB, you might be able to open a couple of chrome tabs while gaming too... lol
I was hitting the cap of my 32GB with multitasking and RAMcache for improved loading times/less SSD stress.

I'm actually gonna go up to 64GB with this because.... i can?
(And that'll give me 16GB for a dedicated plex server)

When memory is cheap (yay ram cartels), buy as much as you can and might need in the future. With systems lasting people 4-5 years at least these days, it doesn't hurt. While I absolutely didn't need 16GB ddr3 ram in 2011/12, those two systems I bought it for never had a lack of ram problem and still don't. I also didn't have to worry about finding matching stuff down the road. Though that usually isn't a big deal these days.

So if you can live with DDR4-2666 (and with 8 ranks, that may be all the speed you can pull out of a memory controller anyhow), you can have 128G ram for $360..
Link

Maybe not for gaming. Bu there are other things than gaming a computer can be used for. Some of my tasks I can utilize up to 240gb (if i had it ) of ram for major speedups

Something like a modded Skyrim/Fallout with 4K/8K texture packs might push DRAM capacity. Personally the only time I've seen a game gobble up DRAM was MS Flight Sim 2020. When I was on 16GB of DDR4 I saw FS2020 ate it all up, and now on 32GB it still eats it all. This is obviously the exception, not the rule. 16GB will be more than enough for the foreseeable future.

How much improvement would I see running 3200mhz over 2400mhz?

How much improvement would I see running 3200mhz over 2400mhz?
Almost unnoticeable, unless you're running benchmarks or some memory demanding tasks, like video encoding, etc.

That said, 2400 would likely be the lowest binned (or unbinned) chips the manufacturer could find, no heat spreaders. Basically the OEM stuff with high timings.

I rarely restart my machine. It seems like chrome tabs eat up a lot of RAM even after I close them. I am over 20GB of usage pretty much daily if I game. I don't really want to change my usage patterns, so I assume 32GB is better than 16gb. I am sure I wouldn't notice the difference though if the RAM disappeared though.

RAM is dropping a bit in price again, though most are late to the party.
Here's some deals I spotted:

G.Skill Aegis 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 .... 32GB (16x2)
NewEgg, $97 Now $103... Free Shipping
View attachment 269161
----------------------------

TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za 3200MHz 16-18-18-38 .... 32GB (16x2)
Amazon Prime, $100... Free Prime Shipping
Several other colors are the same price as well.
Red Vulcan Z with same specs are $93 @ Amazon (Prime)
Or $92 @ Newegg (Free Shipping)
View attachment 269164View attachment 269167

----------------------------------

Edit, added NE link for Vulcan RAM
Thanks for the advice.
Just ordered the Red Vulcan 32gb deal.

I'm getting $136.99 for the black and white, and $128.99 for the red. Either that deal is dead or there's a coupon or something.

Its dead unfortunately. Amazon is OOO. If it gets back in stock it will likely be at the same $90 price however since this is part of Prime day.

64GB = 2x32GB SO-DIMM DDR4 @ 2666 for $164

Its dead unfortunately. Amazon is OOO. If it gets back in stock it will likely be at the same $90 price however since this is part of Prime day.

rip, missed it, been waiting so long to find micron E stuff at a decent price.

Back