32GB Kingston DataTraveler 102 $39.99 + s&h @ Woot!

w4ffles

2[H]4U
$39.99 + $5 shipping @ http://www.woot.com

Not the fastest USB flash drive around, but that's pretty darn cheap for a 32GB.
Like with all other Woots, this will last for one day only or until they are sold out.

just how slow is it? I have a different kingston usb drive and that is the slowest thing in the world, I can't imagine how slow it would be to fill this thing if it is the same speed.

I think someone on Woot said it had a 10 MB/s write speed. For 32 GB? No thanks.

EDIT: Just kidding, it's actually worse than that. 10 MB/s read, 5 MB/s write. :(

I think someone on Woot said it had a 10 MB/s write speed. For 32 GB? No thanks.

EDIT: Just kidding, it's actually worse than that. 10 MB/s read, 5 MB/s write. :(

wow, why do they make these things so slow?

wow, why do they make these things so slow?
I think I remember reading it's the nature of the beast. These were already non-stellar performers, and the larger they get, the slower they are. So Kingston + large capacity = even worse Kingston drive.

It's sad when I can download faster from the internet than use a flash drive.

I bought one just for the sheer portable storage capability.

32GB: 10MB/sec read, 5MB/sec write (Straight from the Kingston website)

I've always thrown a little extra change out for an OCZ flash drive and they are mind-blowing fast. Would be worth looking at if you hate slow drives like this one.

I've always thrown a little extra change out for an OCZ flash drive and they are mind-blowing fast. Would be worth looking at if you hate slow drives like this one.

A quarter the space for the same cost.

This is good I guess if you need need something for backups of sorts... Not anything I'd want to transfer files around with. the whole purpose of me using a flash drive most of the time so to avoid the download time at the other end. When download time is faster than the flash drive......

Back