32GB Amazon Fire Phone (AT&T Unlocked, Refurbished) + 1-Year Prime Membership $110

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
qualitycellz via eBay

Deal.

Product page states it's manufacturer refurbished. Great piece of hardware for the price if you value the Prime membership.

I bought two of these from the same seller except they were listed as new for $134. They certainly looked brand new to me in both packaging and look. I will say you need to charge them for at least 10 minutes before turning them on, at first i thought they were dead.

I would dare anyone to find a better spec phone for the same price even without the prime membership. I am starting to see 2nd hand LG G2 for $129 but id rather take my chances with a brand new fire phone then a well used beat up G2 -- though if both were brand new id take the G2 over a fire phone.

I have a couple videos on youtube showing amazon fire phone 4.6.4 vs CM11 rom running on a fire phone side by side. I do miss the gestures and overall polish of the fire os, but CM11 gives you full android experience and apps which is worth the switch for me.

So the camera barely works and the play store crashes often under CM11

Think they might fix that with thousands sold?

My camera works fine in google hangouts and for snapping pictures (using open cam or google camera) one barcode scanner i tried does not work, nfc does not work.

Once in a great while i get a "play store crash" message but i cant see any negative side effect of it besides the annoyance of the message.

Does anyone know, does the phone have to be activated on ATT specifically to get the 1 year of Prime extension? Or can you activate on a different carrier?

you get the year of prime soon as you type in your amazon account login. (dont need the phone activated to do that either, just wifi is fine).

Out of the box my phone on 3.6 wouldnt let me use the phone at all without a sim card, however it did let me connect to wifi. then it upgraded to 4.6.4 and then i could fully use the device as a tablet. From there i put a cricket sim card in it, activated it without even using the included unlock code.

$35 a month for unlimited data,calling,texting.

Prime is 99 bucks (68 on sale I think) - and I pay for it regardless so this was a no brainer. I got a cell phone for 11 bucks.

Also, if you want a new one instead of refurb. the 64gb is $149 with prime. I am probably going to get two more for my kids.

this what they should have done from the start - not gone through a carrier and sold it for 149 bucks with prime...they would have had a hit on their hands.

this what they should have done from the start - not gone through a carrier and sold it for 149 bucks with prime...they would have had a hit on their hands.

I have no doubt $149 would of sold like hotcakes, but I think they would of done alright at $299 without contract or free with contract. It is a very nice phone, but its not an iphone killer or even competitor especially without google playstore. Apps make a phone versatile, all of us use them in different ways -- not having access to all those (android/iphone) apps made this phone a lot like a windows phone.

Amazon can probably write them off dumping them to a vendor for $100 each

but I doubt they could have sold them for $100 and made a profit.

For a short while I think Amazon had them last month for $120 or $130 right on their own site but they sold out and never restocked.

Fire OS is not a bad effort but it so way out of the norm for a iphone/android user. There are some cool things about this phone (despite the dynamic perspective..I mean 4 cameras? jeese come up with a good use for it other than a lock screen). had they just incorporated google play and not forced you to the amazon app store...it would have worked.

I think they were greedy and wanted what apple had. Reality they could of watered down the phone a little bit (dropped dynamic perspective R&D) and just got an amazon shopping cart into everyones pocket would of been a better strategy

Fire OS is not a bad effort but it so way out of the norm for a iphone/android user. There are some cool things about this phone (despite the dynamic perspective..I mean 4 cameras? jeese come up with a good use for it other than a lock screen). had they just incorporated google play and not forced you to the amazon app store...it would have worked.

I agree. When i use the phone to read news, books, etc (which is rare) i like that i can tilt the phone to scroll -- i also HATE this feature when im trying to show someone else something on the screen and then it scrolls away from it

I am using this phone now (got it for $125 new from the same seller as above).
It is a great phone so far, but not having google services is the killer for me.
I don't even care about the play store, if It had a good working google services. I have downgraded to 4.6.3 and have the play store working fine, but gmail does not update automatically, and inbox wont even load. Hangouts seem to be working great.

I am handing this phone off to my nephew as a small tablet. I bought a used Nexus 5 for the time being instead.

Another gripe, is that FireOS does not turn the screen on after a message. I find myself turning the screen on to check for messages a lot more.

Just bought one...

Just verifying... I can activate the 1 year of prime on my account that already has Prime and it will just add on a year?

Also, does anyone know if I bought 2 of them I could apply 2 years of Prime to my account?

Just bought one...

Just verifying... I can activate the 1 year of prime on my account that already has Prime and it will just add on a year?

Also, does anyone know if I bought 2 of them I could apply 2 years of Prime to my account?

Yes and yes. Log in with your Amazon account on both phones and you will have 2 years added on.

you get the year of prime soon as you type in your amazon account login. (dont need the phone activated to do that either, just wifi is fine).

Out of the box my phone on 3.6 wouldnt let me use the phone at all without a sim card, however it did let me connect to wifi. then it upgraded to 4.6.4 and then i could fully use the device as a tablet. From there i put a cricket sim card in it, activated it without even using the included unlock code.

$35 a month for unlimited data,calling,texting.
Where can I get unlimited data, calls, and text for $35?

Walmart Family Mobile has unlimited talk, text, and data for $35, but I think only the first 1 gb is 4g. I've just started using it recently, it's a lot better service than my previous MVNO, Ting.

selected ebay accounts can use C20OFFSEPT to get $20 off $100

which makes the phone $100 (now that it is $120

but few people got the email that enabled that code on your account

Thanks op. I finally bit yesterday. One of my kids were getting tired of the Lumia 520 I gave him last year.

Got my phone today. No free prime when I activated phone. Contacted Amazon via Mayday support and they are telling me it's not eligible for a free year??

Anyone else get a phone yet??

Had them send me an email.

I just checked your account, and your account is not eligible for 1 year free Prime Membership for having a Fire Phone. The free Prime Membership for fire phone will automatically apply to the first time account that it will be registered

As I have checked your account, it shows that the Fire Phone registered on our system was purchased from third party seller. It shows on our record that the device was previously registered to other account. This is the reason why the Prime Membership won't apply on your account

Amazon and AT&T are no longer selling the Fire Phone. Only purchases made from Amazon or AT&T authorized re-sellers were eligible for the limited time offer of a full year of Prime with the purchase of a Fire Phone.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

The data is unlimited, just throttles hard after your cutoff.

Unlimited but virtually unusable After you use your monthly allowance they drop you to 2g speeds. With the latency Cricket has, thats not even worth calling unlimited, even on a technicality.

"Free" prime worked fine for me. Just registered the phone and it added a year. Good deal if you were going to buy prime anyways. $10 for a tiny tablet for my daughter (no need for a phone), a decent pair of headphones, another usb charger and a mico usb cable.

"Free" prime worked fine for me. Just registered the phone and it added a year. Good deal if you were going to buy prime anyways. $10 for a tiny tablet for my daughter (no need for a phone), a decent pair of headphones, another usb charger and a mico usb cable.

Sucks... apparently my phone was returned or something and someone already activated it. I emailed the seller, see what happens.

Received mine yesterday as well. I was able to add additional year on my prime without issues. Loaded CM11 and everything seems to be working fine and definitely smoother than FireOS. Looking for a case and screen protector for the kid.

thanks, may jump on one of these since if i provide the phone with Roger, i don't need to sign up for a 2 year contract and can save $10 a month.

Just an update on my situation, the seller responded and said they could call Amazon and get the prime added to my account... just needed my email and shipping address.... will let you know how that goes.

I got one of these refurb phones, the stock OS sucks but can be made to work. I was actually thinking about this before this dude put this together: http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-phone/help/guide-fire-phone-fireos-google-apps-t3206603

Basically, you end up with a phone w/ a new launcher, with the google play store and keep the fire os under control. This way none of the phone's functionality is changed.

With the launchers, some cannot do wallpaper or widgets so you may need to experiment. I figure this is better than a hackish CM build with the camera busted.

I would say for $10 or $110 its now a decent phone.

Walmart Family Mobile has unlimited talk, text, and data for $35, but I think only the first 1 gb is 4g. I've just started using it recently, it's a lot better service than my previous MVNO, Ting.

I've still got the plan from 2 years ago.

300 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, 5 gigs of 4G. T-Mobile. $30/month. It's on an SGII.

What I'm not sure is if I can just plug the sim into another phone and keep it. My t-mobile page now has a pop up where I can select the phone I'm using.

Back