32c okay for motherboard and cpu temp?

Seraphic

2[H]4U
I have an overclocked system and after being on all day I went to check temps in bios and both cpu and motherboard were at 32c. That okay or too hot for motherboard?

That's well within normal operating temps. The thing you need to watch out for though is the load temps. How high the temp can be is dependent of your specific Mobo and CPU.

That's really good and depending upon your % of overclock may border on the "maybe I outta check another temp program just to see if the temps match" thought.

I usually try a few different programs when I have a new machine just to see which read the board better.

32C average/mostly idle is normal/great. What you really need to check is what temp you hit at max load (Linx/Prime/Orthos/OCCT/etc.)

Its a GA-X48-DQ6 motherboard with Q9450 CPU overclocked from 2.66Ghz to 3.6Ghz. Also, 8GB of 1066mhz memory running at 1080mhz. I already tested the CPU temps under load awhile back (around 50c I think), but never really looked into the motherboard temps. So wasn't sure if 32c was too hot for a motherboard.

The CPU load temps are good. As long as the motherboard temp stays in the same range, you shoudn''t have any troubles.

What program are you using to check your CPU temperatures? You should ideally be using Core Temp or Real Temp in order to get accurate readings.

Yeah, I used Hardware monitor and core temp if I recall.

The only thing I notice is that sometimes, after being on for several hours, the system will lock up. But when it locks up the screen just turns white and is frozen. Only way to turn off is to hold power off button. I also found doing a restart every few hours seems to prevent the system lock up. What could cause this kind of thing? Also, it is only when the system is idle on desktop or working in photoshop that I have had display turn white and lock up. Gaming or whatever, have no freezing issues.

Sounds like your system isn't nearly stable as you think.

Try testing it with LinX (20-25 passes using maximum memory) or Prime95 overnight.

Ran prime95 over two hours with no issues.
CPU is already at max voltage 1.36250v.
FSB overvaltage is +0.15v
(G)MCH overvoltage is +0.250v

Its a GA-X48-DQ6 motherboard with Q9450 CPU overclocked from 2.66Ghz to 3.6Ghz. Also, 8GB of 1066mhz memory running at 1080mhz. I already tested the CPU temps under load awhile back (around 50c I think), but never really looked into the motherboard temps. So wasn't sure if 32c was too hot for a motherboard.

32C is certainly good. What is your ambient temperature? Also, have you looked at the temps with a program in Windows such as CoreTemp or RealTemp?

70f or so I guess. Yeah, temps are good under load.
When system first turns on it runs 23c motherboard and 27c cpu (for a few hours).
I upped CPU volts from 1.36250v to 1.36875v hoping that will fix random freeze issue when idle (so far so good).

Back