32bit XP keys work with 64bit XP?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
I have a couple of XP Pro keys bought many years ago I have been using when I dual boot into windows (my primary OS is Linux)

Will these keys work with the X86-64 version of XP or would I need to purchase a new license?

I have no interest in spending money on Vista and no longer believe in pirating these things...

Thanks,
Matt

They use different keys, so you can't use a 32-bit key for 64-bit and vice versa.

Nope, that only works with Vista and 7. XP x64 is not just a 64 bit version of XP Home/Professional, unlike Vista and 7 editions.

Nope, that only works with Vista and 7. XP x64 is not just a 64 bit version of XP Home/Professional, unlike Vista and 7 editions.

Exactly... it's the same OS as 2003 Server 64Bit.... it's not even the same OS as XP 32Bit....

Have you considered Windows 7 x64? It'll be a lot easier to get 7 in 64-bit form.

Zarathustra[H];1034315327 said:
Interesting.

What do you guys think the best way to get a cheap legal license of it is? Would you trust ebay?

I have a copy of it I'll no longer use. Email me if you're interested.

Oh btw, don't use XP x64. You'll regret it. Pre-order 7 x64 Premium and be 100% DONE. Compatibility and driver support will be tremendously better.

Back