320gb 7200.10 (rebranded as Maxtor) PATA hard drives - $44

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
You can pick these up on Wednesday at Fry's...not sure if the online pricing will be the same, but you'll be able to find them in stores. Wish they were SATA...product link: http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4987821
There will be an IDE hard drive enclosure for $10 also, so for $54, you have a 320gb external hard drive.

Hmm, that will be interesting, cause usually Fry's price is good till Tuesday, then the new prices comes out on Wednesday, unless it is in the ad for Wednesday's sale. Thanks for the info.

It does show $109 on the website, and the prices online and in the B&M stores don't jive; they won't honor an online price instore anymore, at least not without a huge gripefest and hassle of whining in my experience. Even so they still try to stick you for a few bucks as "shipping" since you're buying in a store. Weird how they do that...

But $44 is a nice damned price if this is legit and if they actually have them on Wednesday morning for that price.

We'll see what happens...

It does show $109 on the website, and the prices online and in the B&M stores don't jive; they won't honor an online price instore anymore, at least not without a huge gripefest and hassle of whining in my experience. Even so they still try to stick you for a few bucks as "shipping" since you're buying in a store. Weird how they do that...

But $44 is a nice damned price if this is legit and if they actually have them on Wednesday morning for that price.

We'll see what happens...

It is completely legit (just wait for the ad to come out)...highly doubt they'll run out of them.

So, someone else asked and now I'll ask:

How do you know about this, some other deals site, you're an employee, you have a friend that's an employee, etc?

So, someone else asked and now I'll ask:

How do you know about this, some other deals site, you're an employee, you have a friend that's an employee, etc?

I wouldn't worry about that...just be happy you have advance notice on this. :)

Any idea of this will be available online for the 90% of the country that doesnt have access to a Fry's?

I've seen them offer 320GB drives online for $49.95, but $44 is pushing it. Most likely on Wednesday there will be at least 2-3 pallets of these things at every B&M Fry's like usual; online, on the other hand, well, all you can do is wait and see.

No idea if this will be available online. I would expect a few hundred of the drives at the larger stores. It was $50 on Black Friday ($60 last year), so $44 isn't that much of a drop.

This would be nice....
And it's not far off the mark from BB's $59.99 Segate 320GB drive sale.
3yr warrenty instead of 5yr is the only real diff.

Nice, going to go with a friend in the morning to pick one up. Hopefully they had a shitload of HDDs (like they did during BF).

They have them in that ad, but not in the actual print ad here in Vegas. Just grabbed a newspaper a few hours ago and noted that offer is not apparently going to happen here in Vegas. I'll probably still run out there, but it's not in the Las Vegas Review Journal ad today. Interesting...

I just now ordered one from the site which IS showing the $44 price. With shipping and Ohio tax came out to $54.16...even better than the $59 w/free shipping from a few months ago.
It'll go into my WHS box with another of these drives.

I bit and it's for storing data, videos etc..

$54 with taxes & s/h included. Not bad.

Thanks OP!

BONUS 20GB FREE!! lol

Anyone know if this can be picked up at the Chicago area Fry's?

Price is good online so ordered one for my apartment and one here to my parents where I'm staying for the holidays...Wonder if they'll accept both orders, used different CC/email/phone/addresses.

Local Fry's have mountains and mountains of these drives in the stores.

I was there this morning and a lot of people were picking up the Emprex HDTV and 65" DLP as well.

it's great for people like me who have an extra PATA external enclosure lying around.

And it's only $44 !!!!

not really worth it for an ATA 100 drive, if it was SATA maybe...
For discount bulk storage it's very much worth it. At $44 it comes out to 13.7 cents a gig. Factor in budget shipping and it comes out to around 16 cents a gig.

Thanks for the heads up OP

it's great for people like me who have an extra PATA external enclosure lying around.

And it's only $44 !!!!
i brought the sata one up front with the ide, and i got the sata one for 44. left the ide one as i have 4 ide devices in my comp and can't take anymore. sweet deal ;) :D

Picked up a HDD and 2 External enclosure at my local Fry's. Total came out to be $65, the external enclosures are pretty shoddy, but can't expect much for $10 I guess.

Back