32" HDTV $499

For that price I'm almost inclined to take my chances. Konka???

Hmmm...never heard of Konka...maybe an ok deal. It has a PC and an HDMI input and digital audio out at least.

There was a 32" Konka TV in a hotel room in NYC I had a month ago. Looked an awful lot like this one (but not exactly)

It had by far the worst picture I've ever seen on a television. The blacks were light gray and the colors were really really awful.

boy.... make sure to get a service plan on something like that...

I knew LCD's would fall quickly in price due to popular demand, but I didn't think they would fall to this price level for a while

Think of Konka as "technology by farmers".

I kid you not. Horrible LCD TV anyway. Want something good, look to Sony's WEGA or Bravia line.

wow $500 for a 32" HDTV that's crazy. The reviews on it are mostly good. I'm not looking for a tv...but I wondered what the ethernet jack is for on the tv...one reviewer said he hooked it up but it didn't pick up a dhcp address. This one 32" is cheaper than doing a dual screen 22" widescreen on a pc.

price aint that crazy
i scored a GOOD quality 37" HDTV lcd for $500 on black friday and a 42" for $800

its a chinese brand, probably avoid and get something better. for cheap LCD tv's I've heard good things about the Olevia series of TVs.

Nice price for an HDTV (and computer monitor, if you don't mind the 1366x768 resolution) Wonder if it just frames down 720p input with all those extra pixels...?

I remember when HD tuners used to cost as much as this monitor! :p

I think I've seen Konka sets in Walmart or BJ's or something...

d94 said:
price aint that crazy
i scored a GOOD quality 37" HDTV lcd for $500 on black friday and a 42" for $800

lol wtf are you doing .

you cant be compaing that to this deal. there were probably like 5 of those tvs at each store. the deal the OP posted has a link that ANYONE can click on and buy.

what you wrote is like me saying I bought a 50" tv from my neighbor for $300. its apples to oranges.

Hulk said:
lol wtf are you doing .

you cant be compaing that to this deal. there were probably like 5 of those tvs at each store. the deal the OP posted has a link that ANYONE can click on and buy.

what you wrote is like me saying I bought a 50" tv from my neighbor for $300. its apples to oranges.
there were about 100-200 of EACH tv at EACH store :D

d94 said:
there were about 100-200 of EACH tv at EACH store :D
Do you live out in the sticks or something? It wasn't like that here in LA . I was like the 30th person in line at Circuit City on BF and they were all sold out. A couple of friends camped out Best Buy in Burbank and they didn't get thier LCD's either. All the really good stuff had a very limited supply.

Puterguru said:
For just $40 more you can get a 32 inch Westy at Best Buy.

Westinghouse 32
Much better deal. With the Westinghouse there is no need to deal with any mail-in rebates. The Konka is $579.99 before mail-in rebate.$499.99 AFTER, assuming you get the rebate.

yea.. originally just wanted to post this cause i saw it..now everyone has much much opinions..but i guess that's norm since everyone is entitled to one..as for me well here's mine... yea.. it's iffy brand blah blah blah it's and hdtv...quality wise who knows? until actually use it..for me.. nah I wouldn't buy it. Mostly cause of lack of company background and the fact that i did get one of those 32" westys at bb on bfriday. dai sho bu

I was gonna post it but someone already did.

Spend another $40 and get the westinghouse from Best Buy. IMO its a better way to go.

Back