32-count AA 2450mah rechargeable duracell batteries w/free ship

haste

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.wesellbatteries.com/product-p/aarechargeable_8pack.htm

$39 shipped!

enjoy...just got my order!

rechargeables.jpg

That's what he said.

BTW, is this "the Fappening" that I hear everyone talking about?

Any issues using them that you've seen? I'm wondering if the 1.2V (vs 1.5V of a normal AA) trips up any of your electronics.

Any issues using them that you've seen? I'm wondering if the 1.2V (vs 1.5V of a normal AA) trips up any of your electronics.

I don't think there are usually any problems with these, as most devices seem to have a pretty wide voltage tolerance. Also, Alkalines tend to drop in voltage pretty quickly under load, so realistically they are probably running close to the 1.2 V that a NiMH puts out anyway.

Here's a random article:

http://www.rechargebatteryguide.com...v-battery-but-rechargeable-batteries-are-1-2v

If you're worried about it you can try something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TYBC0N49J1F4KXFZDTC

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
All kidding aside, buyers should note that these are standard NiMH cells - NOT Low Self Discharge (like Eneloops).

So these are great for situations where you're going to charge them and then use them immediately in a high drain device.

If you want something that you can charge and leave sitting on a shelf or in a drawer for a long time, or something that you can put in a low drain device (a clock, remote control, etc), you'll be better off looking for LSD NiMH cells.

Thank you for that very informative post. :rolleyes:
What he means is that these are a different tech than eneloops. With eneloops, you charge them, throw em in a device, and even if you don't charge them for a year unused you should still have about 90% of its original capacity.

These are the really old school type batteries, which means they hold 2450mah on day one, but if you don't use it for two weeks, you may already be at 1000mah capacity left. Don't use it for a couple months, and they are completely dead.

So for high drain devices where you are sure to need to recharge them very regularly anyway, like on say RC vehicles, these are great. But for most other low drain devices like mice and headphones and crap like that, you really want low discharge precharged batteries.

Edit: SHITASSFUUUPISS... I just realized I parroted the post above mine. *facepalm*

Would these be good for Xbox One controllers? Only have two controllers being used, but practically 5+ hours every day. Don't have enough other devices to use the rest, so most would sit until the ones being used are completely dead (no longer rechargeable), then swap in others from the rest.

Got a recommended charger for these?

I emailed them and u would be able to split the order: half aa and half aaa. just add in the comment box how u would like the pack split up.

All kidding aside, buyers should note that these are standard NiMH cells - NOT Low Self Discharge (like Eneloops).

So these are great for situations where you're going to charge them and then use them immediately in a high drain device.

If you want something that you can charge and leave sitting on a shelf or in a drawer for a long time, or something that you can put in a low drain device (a clock, remote control, etc), you'll be better off looking for LSD NiMH cells.

What he means is that these are a different tech than eneloops. With eneloops, you charge them, throw em in a device, and even if you don't charge them for a year unused you should still have about 90% of its original capacity.

These are the really old school type batteries, which means they hold 2450mah on day one, but if you don't use it for two weeks, you may already be at 1000mah capacity left. Don't use it for a couple months, and they are completely dead.

So for high drain devices where you are sure to need to recharge them very regularly anyway, like on say RC vehicles, these are great. But for most other low drain devices like mice and headphones and crap like that, you really want low discharge precharged batteries.

Edit: SHITASSFUUUPISS... I just realized I parroted the post above mine. *facepalm*

Thank you for those very informative posts.
Duracell does make good rechargeables, but I agree with the gents above. Eneloop is superior.

Would these be good for Xbox One controllers? Only have two controllers being used, but practically 5+ hours every day. Don't have enough other devices to use the rest, so most would sit until the ones being used are completely dead (no longer rechargeable), then swap in others from the rest.

Got a recommended charger for these?

I think I'd sooner recommend you just get a dock. Then you don't have to worry about swapping batteries and keeping your spares fully charged.

I've got one of these, no issues as of yet: http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-B...&qid=1410017995&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+dock

(Discontinued by Manufacturer)

Per Amazon :confused:

It appears that Panasonic now own the brand

Panasonic began the process of acquiring Sanyo back in 2009 and the process was just about complete by 2011, and they appear to be phasing the Sanyo branding out on a lot of product lines including the battery line-up.

Eneloops are still made the same way, and advances and revisions are still being made to the technology. In fact the latest generation can be charged up to 2100 times which is pretty damn fantastic.

Eneloops aren't the end all be all of LSD rechargeables, you can also get some really good LSD cells from other manufacturers like Powerex (their IMIDEON series) and Tenergy. I still prefer to grab Eneloops whenever I can though...

IT's a reference to precharged batteries, which Duracell sells (though I think they're made by Sanyo). Unless you're buying these for high drain devices, precharged batteries last longer. I stick with batteries that are recommended by NLEE The Engineer, that guy tests the crap out of rechargeable batteries and chargers and posts very informative reviews.

yeah that's a problem for some electronics, they will simply behave like the battery is dead when it's not...

I think I'd sooner recommend you just get a dock. Then you don't have to worry about swapping batteries and keeping your spares fully charged.

I've got one of these, no issues as of yet: http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-B...&qid=1410017995&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one+dock

I already have this,
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-lic...&qid=1410237367&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+one+dock

But when I forget to charge them, it would be nice to have some others available. As it is now, I buy the big packs of regular batteries at Sams Club for that. But last time I get Energizer and they only last about 10 hours. The rechargeable Energizer ones from the dock last about 3x that.

Thanks! I can use these with my fleshlight...

Get the precharged type of batteries for that. Unless your flashlight is on all the time, you'll have to recharge the batteries every few months. The low discharge (precharged) batteries hold something like 75% of their charge over a year (read NLEE reviews, cause I'm doing this from memory and memory has some bad cells).

Get the precharged type of batteries for that. Unless your flashlight is on all the time, you'll have to recharge the batteries every few months. The low discharge (precharged) batteries hold something like 75% of their charge over a year (read NLEE reviews, cause I'm doing this from memory and memory has some bad cells).

It's not on all the time, but I do use it two or three times per day. So you are saying the precharged batteries are best for that kind of use? I'd hate to be in the middle of an important task and have the batteries die on me.

It's not on all the time, but I do use it two or three times per day. So you are saying the precharged batteries are best for that kind of use? I'd hate to be in the middle of an important task and have the batteries die on me.

lol

I'd think so. How often do you replace the batteries if you use alkaline batteries?

Batteries like these will hold most of their charge for a year or 2. He tested the Eneloop XX and they held 71% of their charge after 2 years in storage. IOW, these are alkaline replacements.

Normal NIMH discharge much faster. Here's NLee's Eneloop XX review (it's updated in the last comment of the thread)

I think that should help you decide. At this point, I only buy low self-discharge batteries.

Your sarcasm aside, he's right.

Problem is, people buy these, have a bad experience because they are always dead when they go to use them, then they stop using them and spread the word that rechargeables suck.

Them they go back to truly sad AA alkaline laziness/waste. I cringe every time I go to Costco and see those things.

So, I say the same. Stay away from these non eneloop type.

These are good batteries to use in cordless phones that stay on the charger most of the time. Most Panasonic and some other brands us AA size. These are certainly cheap at $1.22 each delivered! They deliver the rated ma rating unlike the cheapies on eBay that are this price or higher.

not rechargeable ones, those are 1.2v... most that i've seen...
when charged to the max some of them go up to 1.34v

There is also NiZn rechargeable batteries that are 1.6v at full charge. Alkaline batteries drop to about 1.25v fairly quickly under load and most devices will use them until they hit about 1.1-1.2v. NiMH starts out at about 1.35v and is dead at 1.2v making NiMH more consistent, the voltage also drops less under load than with alkaline.

I'm sold on rechargeable batteries but I would never go back to the regular NiMH over the low self discharge types like Eneloop. I like being able to charge a battery and know that it will still be charged when I go to use it and I've started using them in my remotes because they're less likely to leak. I would be careful where I bought Eneloops though because there is a lot of counterfeited ones out there.

Back