32"@4K affordable class: Acer B326HK, Asus PA328Q, BenQ BL3201PT

Did you not read the other 3 damn pages?

I posted plenty of info as to why the Acer is HORRIBLE. The input lag in INSANE. It uses the same exact panel as the BenQ. The BenQ is better in every way.

I noticed some strange glitching maybe once a day for a split second, but it didn't stick for a second or so like yours did. You may want to exchange it for another.

Did you not read the other 3 damn pages?

I posted plenty of info as to why the Acer is HORRIBLE. The input lag in INSANE. It uses the same exact panel as the BenQ. The BenQ is better in every way.

I noticed some strange glitching maybe once a day for a split second, but it didn't stick for a second or so like yours did. You may want to exchange it for another.

this is my 2ed one its the same as the first
it dont stick just a flash for a mil second like first i was like did i just see that
what cable are you useing and how often do you get it
ive spoke to a few people about this and alot of people seem to have the same problem

this is my 2ed one its the same as the first
it dont stick just a flash for a mil second like first i was like did i just see that
what cable are you useing and how often do you get it
ive spoke to a few people about this and alot of people seem to have the same problem

I don't have the display anymore. It rarely happened and it was not really noticeable. I used a Cable Matters 6 ft cable.

Wow, wow and wow! I am so in love with the BL3201PH!! I received and unpacked yesterday the monitor and it's one of the best monitors I've ever had! Two weeks ago I bought the BL3200PT and even though that's a great monitor (so good I didn't returned it and will use it in my office) the BL3201PH in my opinion is superior in every way.
The gorgeous IPS colors that I am so used to because of all my former monitors are vibrantly there with the BL3201PH and that was one thing that put me off of the BL3200PT because said monitor color rendition left me somehow disappointed.
I was kind of afraid the response time and or blur of the BL3201PH were similar or worst than the BL3201PH but I'm happy to say that the BL3201PH is WAY BETTER in that aspect than the BL3200PT.
The antiglare coating of the BL3201PH is one of the lightest I've seen (if not actually the lightest of all) even comparing it with the Dell 2713HM or U2913WM that I had. It's like it's not there TOUGH one can't say that it has a glossy panel.
You now some are going to hate me but for me this could be the almost perfect monitor if it's panel was glossy but on the other hand, I repeat, it has the lightest coating I've seen.
I was also afraid about how good or bad would the BL3201PH display youtube.com videos at 1080p/720p or even 480p and I have to report that the videos are perfectly displayed like if you were watching those on native resolution panels.
I am using windows scaling at 200% and it all look gorgeous. (Yes, I like big dpi).
The last test I did was gaming. First I played GTA 5 and Tomb Raider 2013 at 1080p and the monitor scaled the games perfectly. I have my doubts about playing at 4K (my GPU system consist of 2 GTX 980 SC on SLI) but to my great surprise I was able to run both games at 4K quite smoothly, practically as fast as if I was playing at 1080p with everything MAXED OUT (ULTRA) just with ALL anti aliasing options turned OFF. Guess the AA settings take a big piece of your GPU processing power.
Overall this have been one of the best buys monitor-wise I've made and I'm very happy with the BENQ brand.

I don't have the display anymore. It rarely happened and it was not really noticeable. I used a Cable Matters 6 ft cable.
why did you get rid of it? its just annoying dont happen to often, im thinking when i upgrade in a year or so then the resale value mite be bad

why did you get rid of it? its just annoying dont happen to often, im thinking when i upgrade in a year or so then the resale value mite be bad

Resale value was one issue... $1,000 for a monitor that didn't have G-Sync and was only 60 Hz was abysmal from a "worth the money" standpoint. It just didn't tick the right boxes for me.

The Samsung TV which I'm using now costs more, but has a lot more features and functionality. Overall, I am very happy I switched. I wanted a G-Sync display for 4K, but the Samsung performs well enough everywhere else that I don't require it.

Wow, I just found out that on NCX review of the BL3201PH, in regards to it's INPUT LAG, NCX gave it an outstanding "Blue=Suitable For ALL Enthusiast CRT & 120hz+ Users" for it's <3ms @60hz.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a first for a IPS 4K monitor, right? That would be great news for anyone buying this monitor!

How does INPUT LAG relates to MOTION BLUR on a display? If a monitor has a very low input lag like the BL3201PH does it also mean that it is good dealing with MOTION BLUR?

Wow, I just found out that on NCX review of the BL3201PH, in regards to it's INPUT LAG, NCX gave it an outstanding "Blue=Suitable For ALL Enthusiast CRT & 120hz+ Users" for it's <3ms @60hz.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a first for a IPS 4K monitor, right? That would be great news for anyone buying this monitor!

How does INPUT LAG relates to MOTION BLUR on a display? If a monitor has a very low input lag like the BL3201PH does it also mean that it is good dealing with MOTION BLUR?

Low input lag and low motion blur do not go hand in hand. The motion blur is dependent on the monitor's pixel response time, and this being an IPS panel, it's most likely going to have more motion blur than the 4k TN panels, even though the vast majority of the 4k TN's have a much higher input lag.

The 3ms is a copy+paste placeholder in my obviously unfinished reviewed, but the actual signal delay is likely <1ms. The Leo Bodnar device reads 9.6ms at 1080p, but its readings are around 9ms too high. Changing a monitors resolution usually does not effect the delay, so the best I can do is use a DVI splitter to test multiple resolutions up to 2560x1440 with the SMT Tool versus my delay free Qnix since I don't have another 4k monitor and can't connect two 4k monitors to a 780.

Input lag does not affect the pixel response times, and all LCD's suffer from sample and hold blur, especially 60hz LCDs (60hz vs 120hz Motion Blur) and 60hz LCDs with low frequency PWM (Comparison). The BenQ is not good at 'dealing with motion blur' since it is a 60hz monitor, but it does have fast pixel response times (for a non-TN) which prevents it from suffering from obvious colour streaking & smearing, and may only suffer from a tiny bit of overshoot ghosting depending on the version.

Last edited:
Wow, wow and wow! I am so in love with the BL3201PH!! I received and unpacked yesterday the monitor and it's one of the best monitors I've ever had! Two weeks ago I bought the BL3200PT and even though that's a great monitor (so good I didn't returned it and will use it in my office) the BL3201PH in my opinion is superior in every way.

What is your opinion on the difference in resolution between the BL3201PH and BL3200PT?

What is your opinion on the difference in resolution between the BL3201PH and BL3200PT?

As I'm using the 3201PH with 200% scaling the desktop space is quite similar than the space the 3200PT at 125% scaling gives me only that as cliche as it may sound, when writing with the 3201PH (e.g. using MS WORD) it looks like you are writing an actual printed book, it's the so called "Retina" effect that we all know.

I've played video games on the 3201PH at 1440p and I can't find any substantial difference from the native 3200PT resolution (1440p) when playing videos games with that other monitor.

Youtube.com videos at any resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p or 2160p) are all beautiful displayed by the 3201PH.

Of course, more than a resolution difference, the MOST NOTORIOUS difference between the 3201PH and the 3200PT for me is the colors reproduction being that in my opinion the 3201PH IPS display is vastly superior than the VA 3200PT display.

P.S. Though it's not my favorite kind of game, I played ADVANCED WARFARE on the BL3201PH at 4K (with 2 GTX 980 on SLI) and it's such a visual feast I recommend everyone to try it out. What amazed me most was HOW FLUID AND SMOOTH the 3201PH displayed the game. No input lag nor response time delays, ghosting or blur noticeable, it was deliciously smooth.

It really is a great display. I just don't think it's worth the asking price compared to other options out there.

Displays with higher input lag and 120-240hz PWM which completely negates the extra sharpness 4k can offer when not viewing static content are not real competitors. The similarly priced Acer has higher input lag, the Crossover 44k was discontinued and stretches content, and the Wasabi Mango UHD420 has not been properly tested yet. I guess the Asus PA328Q is a competitor, but it costs more and does not offer better performance according to PRAD.

Last edited:
Playwares Qnix 4k 32" PLS review is up. Qnix vs BenQ overdrive measurements.

The Qnix has excellent colour presets, proper brightness controls and is also delay free. It has a bright matte grey inner black bezel which will increase the perceived black depth, but to the degree of the Acer 32" which is significantly brighter. Nice to see some competition, but the Qnix is priced to closely to the BenQ (US) and actually costs more to buy in Canada.

Last edited:
Just put in an order for a BL3201PH; should be here Saturday.

Question for owners: does the supplied DP cable work without issue? I've got an order in for the 1-meter Accell, because it appears to be the only VESA certified DP 1.2 cable. But of course it's out of stock, so I have no idea when I'll be receiving it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is anyone else getting weird glitches with the BenQ BL3201PT? I can be in a game or just browsing online and i get weird horizontal glitches flashing across the screen occasionally. The weird thing is sometimes they limit themselves to one half of the screen as if its 2 dp streams being stitched together to form one image.

A few nights ago the screen went black a couple of times for 2 or 3 seconds at a time, not done that since. Connections are secure, and i've noticed on the ocuk forum people seeing similar issues with both nvidia and amd cards.

Sent an email to benq uk on sunday and still nothing back, tried calling them tuesday and wednesday and all i got was an answering machine saying lines are currently closed.

Is anyone else getting weird glitches with the BenQ BL3201PT? I can be in a game or just browsing online and i get weird horizontal glitches flashing across the screen occasionally. The weird thing is sometimes they limit themselves to one half of the screen as if its 2 dp streams being stitched together to form one image.

A few nights ago the screen went black a couple of times for 2 or 3 seconds at a time, not done that since. Connections are secure, and i've noticed on the ocuk forum people seeing similar issues with both nvidia and amd cards.

Sent an email to benq uk on sunday and still nothing back, tried calling them tuesday and wednesday and all i got was an answering machine saying lines are currently closed.

Acer B326HK, Samsung UD970, and LG 31MU97 all did this as well. I think this is just a graphical artifact that occurs when graphics cards are dropping clocks/voltage.

Bit odd that it only happens on 4k panels though?

The flashing is, in a way, what I was referring to when I asked whether or not the provided cable was problematic. I've heard quite a few of the 4k displays have had flashing issues which have been remedied by using a VESA-certified DP cable.

I have the Accell cable ordered, and I own an EIZO PP200 DP cable (also VESA compliant), so I'll likely be comparing with the supplied cable to see if I can create (or alleviate) this issue when my display comes tomorrow.

Does the Asus PA328Q have the same ammount ( very low ) of input lag as the BenQ BL3201PT ( about 6 - 7ms ) ? And is there a review that measures the Asus I know they are the same panel but different chipsets and features between the panel.

Also someone said the contrast on the Asus was less than the benq ( 1000 vs 700 ) .. is this really possible seen as they are using the same panel and same backlight technology. is the coating the same ?

I know the Benq is almost identical to the Asus and much cheaper, but i do like the thinner bezel ( better for future tripple monitor setups or at least gives a better option and usually makes the image look bigger )

Also HDMi 2.0 is a nice to have, you never know when you might have a secondary device ( Steam box, console, 4k 60hz netflix, HDMi - HDCP requirement for True 4k Blueray )

And someone mentioned there was more granular response time control on the Asus to control overshoot better and there was nicer scaling features for lower resolutions. If the input lag was the same then i would probably choose the Asus as it seems it has everything. Seems like the Asus just might have a better video DAC but everything else is the same.

That still doesnt explain the contrast difference though ?

Last edited:
Only the Acer has a high input lag, the overshoot controls are indeed better on the ASUS and BenQ contrast is only marginally higher

http://uk.hardware.info/comparisontable/products/268936-275214-261066

Thanks, its hard to tell when comparing ( frankly minuscule and variating difference between content ) on panels so closely linked

they both seem around 10ms ?

10ms isn’t actually high for input lag compared to most 25ms -30ms monitors of old and those people who insist on using 4k TV's are typically 45ms or more.

the power usage on the asus is 75% higher @ 140 vs 80 ? on some reviews it pegs it as the same or half that at 45w ?

Last edited:
They use a different method of input lag measurement (oh there are so many), to get roughly the SMTT results use top and center results and divide by 1.5 which lands us at around 7.2ms.
There are also differences between GTG and contrast measurements in different reviews but usually the X-Rite and SS220 measurements of hardware.info are pretty accurate (if contrast only 600-700 reviewer was probably using a Spyder4)
Contrast also depends on how the white point target is set but on IPS panels this usually does not make more than a 100-150:1 difference.

They use a different method of input lag measurement (oh there are so many), to get roughly the SMTT results use top and center results and divide by 1.5 which lands us at around 7.2ms.
There are also differences between GTG and contrast measurements in different reviews but usually the X-Rite and SS220 measurements of hardware.info are pretty accurate (if contrast only 600-700 reviewer was probably using a Spyder4)
Contrast also depends on how the white point target is set but on IPS panels this usually does not make more than a 100-150:1 difference.

so what we can essentially assume is the Benq is the same as the Asus only the Asus has better features but you really pay for them and might not need them and the acer is relatively garbage?

is the coating the same? It looks like I might go with the Asus, i like the idea of the good scaling features for when I cant run 4k on the most demanding newer titles.

Last edited:
Yes the Acer is garbage.
Other than the reduced overshoot and HDMI 2.0 there do not seem to be any more significant benefits for the Asus and it costs a lot more than the BenQ.
The actual power usage results are at the bottom of the page, Asus is only +10W over the BenQ.
Coating should be the same since its the same panel and most display manufacturers are too lazy to use own coatings..
No data about glow on the ASUS but at least the BenQ has relatively low levels of glow for an IPS, it would make sense to assume the same for the Asus but no guarantee.

Yes the Acer is garbage.
Other than the reduced overshoot and HDMI 2.0 there do not seem to be any more significant benefits for the Asus and it costs a lot more than the BenQ.
The actual power usage results are at the bottom of the page, Asus is only +10W over the BenQ.
Coating should be the same since its the same panel and most display manufacturers are too lazy to use own coatings..
No data about glow on the ASUS but at least the BenQ has relatively low levels of glow for an IPS, it would make sense to assume the same for the Asus but no guarantee.

hmm.. its tough. Wait a few months and BenQ are bound to update to hdmi and possibly freesync ( not that i run an AMD card ) .. if this had G-sync + HDMi 2.0 i would be all over it.

I suppose you have to dive in sometime, i could always just buy the revised model and have two 4k screens on my desk .. thats no hardship really :p

.but the with two, would I crave a 3rd and then would i rue the choice because the Asus has a thin bezel .. its £200 / $400 more for not much more though ..

Yea, it has to be the Benq i feel, I just hope the overshoot isnt miles worse on the Benq :)

Might be the better decision, in the meantime I checked out the Asus review by =Dead= and there really are some inconsistencies.
Granted he tends to note stuff no other reviewer mentions but his measurements are usually on point.
If two trustworthy sites measure such different contrast ratios etc. there is also the possibility of different display revisions or varying quality amongst the panel.
Sadly he didn't review the BenQ so there is no direct basis for comparison.

Might be the better decision, in the meantime I checked out the Asus review by =Dead= and there really are some inconsistencies.
Granted he tends to note stuff no other reviewer mentions but his measurements are usually on point.
If two trustworthy sites measure such different contrast ratios etc. there is also the possibility of different display revisions or varying quality amongst the panel.
Sadly he didn't review the BenQ so there is no direct basis for comparison.

It seems that LCD technology is flawed. But it is still capable of incredible static, slow moving images with the right content. The problem is it really is a lottery on panel quality, the fact that there is a general silence around a screen thats supposed to be good means only one thing ... it is good, people aren't moaning ( and that its out of the price of most peoples buying range.. correlation much? )

across the board of the little owner information there is appears general consensus that this is a fantastic screen.

Waiting for a g-sync 120hz might mean a new cheaper panel revision, cost cutting and lower target market "gamers" because they don't have to target the 'creative', when something is good in the world of LCD, you must be quick before you know it there is a silent switch and you get a garbage version with a subtle change to model code ;)

Last edited:
I started this thread guys some time ago facing the choice you are facing now. Available information pointed to the BenQ and so I selected it. After a couple of months of using it I can tell this was a very good choice. This is the best possible with the LCD technology. Ergonomy (nice remote) and other aspects like lack of reflections and stability, all these are in favor for BenQ. Sure, there is no HDMI 2.0 but the DP is fine, LCD is not ideal but I do not see it with typical monitor pictures. This looks like my final monitor, except if a similare one but in the 21:9 curved format comes :D.

I started this thread guys some time ago facing the choice you are facing now. Available information pointed to the BenQ and so I selected it. After a couple of months of using it I can tell this was a very good choice. This is the best possible with the LCD technology. Ergonomy (nice remote) and other aspects like lack of reflections and stability, all these are in favor for BenQ. Sure, there is no HDMI 2.0 but the DP is fine, LCD is not ideal but I do not see it with typical monitor pictures. This looks like my final monitor, except if a similare one but in the 21:9 curved format comes :D.

Nice.

if a higher refresh version with ULMB and gsync comes out im basically done with buying monitors for a very long time, perhaps even this @ 60hz will do.

Nice. if a higher refresh version with ULMB and gsync comes out im basically done with buying monitors for a very long time, perhaps even this @ 60hz will do.

There is and there always will be something new looming behind the corner. If the time frame of appearance of this new stuff is unspecified waiting for it makes no sense. As far as I see it jumping to higher >100 Hz refresh rate in 4K is quite a step requiring new electronics and I do not expect it in less than 1 year from now. By then we may have other improvements like the 21:9 5Kx2K monitors with new DP 1.3 connectors which will require new graphics cards and craving for the new stuff will start again. Now I am very happy with the 32" BenQ which perfectly fits to my requirements and ergonomy. My previous 27"@1440p which has the same pixel density looks so hopelessly small in comparison :D.

how is the downscaling to 1440p on the BenQ? in terms of future proofing a bit, since i don't have a rig that could push 4k in games, i would have to play them in 2560x1440, but not if they look shitty :D

how is the downscaling to 1440p on the BenQ? in terms of future proofing a bit, since i don't have a rig that could push 4k in games, i would have to play them in 2560x1440, but not if they look shitty :D

Don't bother if it will be months before you have enough gpu power to drive a 4k monitor. The matte 4k monitors can't match the non-matte 1440p monitors even when set to 4k, and definitely look worse when set to 1440p. Only buy a 4k monitor if you truly need the extra pixel real-estate (for work; it's easier to use two 1440p monitors which are free from scaling issues) and/or are desperate to own a 32" monitor. 60hz LCD sample and hold blur renders the resolution differences moot when not viewing static content (especially when lag and stutter inducing V-Sync is disabled), which is why 4k will continue to be a gimmick for gaming until 4k monitors with high refresh rates are made.

Don't bother if it will be months before you have enough gpu power to drive a 4k monitor. The matte 4k monitors can't match the non-matte 1440p monitors even when set to 4k, and definitely look worse when set to 1440p. Only buy a 4k monitor if you truly need the extra pixel real-estate (for work; it's easier to use two 1440p monitors which are free from scaling issues) and/or are desperate to own a 32" monitor. 60hz LCD sample and hold blur renders the resolution differences moot when not viewing static content (especially when lag and stutter inducing V-Sync is disabled), which is why 4k will continue to be a gimmick for gaming until 4k monitors with high refresh rates are made.

i was asking because i had previously the BenQ BL3200PT, but i returned because of the banding problem, once seen, cannot be unseen :)

i really liked the 32" size in combination with 2560x1440 even for gaming. now i have a swift, but i will probably try another one of those benqs from the newer batches. i really like the size.

60hz LCD sample and hold blur renders the resolution differences moot when not viewing static content (especially when lag and stutter inducing V-Sync is disabled), which is why 4k will continue to be a gimmick for gaming until 4k monitors with high refresh rates are made.

Sigh. This kind of response is not helpful nor definitive of every game genre / type or scenario , not everyone likes playing battlefield or fast FPS games.

Besides "don't bother unless you need the "real estate " The Point is .. images on the web look better, Text looks better, video looks better. Its nothing to do with 'real estate' its to do with image detail and clarity, which for most people is important because they are not gaming 24/7.

of course the real issue is that LCD technology in itself is fairly terrible at handling motion, but thats what we have.

Last edited:
Sigh. This kind of response is not helpful nor definitive of every game genre / type or scenario , not everyone likes playing battlefield or fast FPS games.

Besides "don't bother unless you need the "real estate " The Point is .. images on the web look better, Text looks better, video looks better. Its nothing to do with 'real estate' its to do with image detail and clarity, which for most people is important because they are not gaming 24/7.

of course the real issue is that LCD technology in itself is fairly terrible at handling motion, but thats what we have.

I'll have to agree with this here. For all of the reasons stated above and the fact that I cannot game on anything higher than 60hz. I get dizzy and headaches around my eyes with 120hz and 144hz displays when running at those refresh rates.

Back