32" 1440p Monitor or TV for programming and some gaming

Ephesos

n00b
I was happy with my 3x Dell U2412h (16:10 at 1200p) setup for quite a while, but one of the displays is slowly dying(brightness issues).

Looking to replace this setup with a bunch of 32" monitors at 1440p. I want this panel size/resolution because the ppi matches my current setup, and I don't want to deal with scaling issues and small font/text on Linux(poor scaling support).

I prefer IPS, but VA could work too if black crush has been fixed since last I looked(5 years?). Never had 120Hz display, don't think I have a preference on that front, and I don't game much, few hours during the weekend.

Any good displays that satisfy the above?

Depends on your budget and desk space. I'd lean towards a 4K TV just for the real estate and sheer value, but the 32" VA displays are a fine choice.

If you feel OK dropping ~$1k on a monitor, you should look into 120hz Wasabi Mango UHD430 TVs on eBay. 120hz is a little easier on the eyes than 60hz on the desktop, but it's like night and day in games, IMO. It's great for video too, assuming you use SVP to interpolate.

Back