32" 1440p eye strain relief productivity monitor selection?

After 4 or so years waiting for good productivity eye strain relief 43" monitors, no one is making them so I am giving up. However, good reviews for monitors also drys up the last 4-5 years. Many of the good 32" reviewed monitors aren't available and many of local shops are closing their door or not placing monitors on display so it's harder to look for one in person. Can someone point me to good 32" eye strain relief productivity monitors (brand and model)?
What I am looking for in a monitor are (listing from most important feature to least):

1440p or 1080p (because I sit 3 feet away) no 4K
no PWM
Great glare performance, matt screen preferred ( the monitor is going to a bright room near big glass door with afternoon sun)
IPS (VA is also OK but prefer IPS)
no W-LED
no curve screen
RGB sub-pix format
true 8 bit without FRC or better
<$600
SRGB color space
low blue light

Mostly for text and graphics. If there are other feature that I should look for, I am all ears.

Last edited:
3 feet is normal viewing distance, I would still want 4k if clear text is important (set it to 150% scaling in windows => clear text and same font size as 1440p). 1440p only makes sense for gaming only monitors in that size... IPS ones in that size and resolution (1440p) were scarce, I only know of https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX...s=32+inch+1440p+monitor&qid=1596837227&sr=8-5 however as I said, I would only get 4k in that size (did use a 32" 1440p VA for work and after getting a 4k in the same size I would never want to go back).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Ors, Thanks for suggestion. I still prefer 1440p just to avoid scaling. I work from home and VNC with company unix/linux and cad prob doesn't scale well. Do you have the Viewsonic you linked? How well does it handle a bright room with setting sun? One youtube review seems to show that it reflect lots of light. Does your do that? Here is a link. Thanks!

Do you have the Viewsonic you linked?
No. It's a mat monitor, but all will reflect some light if placed in a very sub optimal place. Haven't owned any Viewsonic monitors to guess how aggressive their coating is.

My old dell 20" has matt screen and it handles bright room quite well and diffuse the remaining reflection so that it doesn't cause distraction. It does not seem to reflect like the Viewsonic. That's the reason why I said I prefer matt screen. I guess the quality of matt screen matters too.

every since i ditched 60hz monitors and went 144hz (120hz worsk too) all my eyestrain has went away. i made a push for 144hz monitors at work and i get so many thank yous because of its.

It’s older and I don’t know if it’s available, but I still like my BenQ BL3200PT.

To Filter: Humm... I heard lower refresh rate for LCD monitors doesn't affect eye strain for work (not game). Is your older 60Hz monitor uses PWM for back light?

To pitingres: Several years ago, I was tempted to get BenQ BL3200PT as it gets good reviews. I waited for high quality 43" monitor to show up but never did. I think BL3200PT aren't available anymore. There is BL3200Q and is now part of my consideration. Not sure if it has the same quality... By the way, does your BL3200PT has great glare control?

Currently, I am considering Benq BL3200Q, Viewsonic vx3211(or 3276??), LG 32GK850F, ASUS PB328Q, Acer B326HUL, Acer ET322qu, and HP elite... Can someone help me narrow down choices? Can't find much info that I care about on most of these monitor...

Do you mean the BenQ PD3200Q? If there's a BL3200Q I suspect it's older, I can't find any info on it. Anyway, my monitor is not in a high glare location, so it's hard to say. The anti-glare coating is ideal for me because it's a very light matte finish, unlike some of the brutal coatings on some monitors. It seems to control what glare I have very well.

Have you checked out tftcentral.co.uk to see if they have any helpful reviews on any of your candidates?

Yes, I mean PD3200Q. Thanks for suggestion. The only review that I can find on tftcentral is the LG.... It's a great site for great reviews but does not cover most of the monitors that I am interested in.

To Filter: Humm... I heard lower refresh rate for LCD monitors doesn't affect eye strain for work (not game). Is your older 60Hz monitor uses PWM for back light?

To pitingres: Several years ago, I was tempted to get BenQ BL3200PT as it gets good reviews. I waited for high quality 43" monitor to show up but never did. I think BL3200PT aren't available anymore. There is BL3200Q and is now part of my consideration. Not sure if it has the same quality... By the way, does your BL3200PT has great glare control?

Currently, I am considering Benq BL3200Q, Viewsonic vx3211(or 3276??), LG 32GK850F, ASUS PB328Q, Acer B326HUL, Acer ET322qu, and HP elite... Can someone help me narrow down choices? Can't find much info that I care about on most of these monitor...

I have been using the LG32GK85F for about a year and absolutely love it. Since I am now working remotely I recently purchased an LG32GK650F to have matching size dual monitors. I can tell a difference between them but only because I run them side by side. I would recommend either of the 2.

The review that I find on LG is for LG 32GK850G. I assume LG32GK850F is the same except for freesync version... Now not sure so don't know if tftcentral's review applies.

DooLocsta, how you find your LG 32GK850F's glare performance in a bright room? The tftcentral's review says it has a light AG coating. Can you see objects reflected in bright room or is it just a blur? Does it reflect light more than heavier coated AG monitors?

The review that I find on LG is for LG 32GK850G. I assume LG32GK850F is the same except for freesync version... Now not sure so don't know if tftcentral's review applies.

DooLocsta, how you find your LG 32GK850F's glare performance in a bright room? The tftcentral's review says it has a light AG coating. Can you see objects reflected in bright room or is it just a blur? Does it reflect light more than heavier coated AG monitors?

There is a pretty decent review of the 850F here: https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/lg-32gk850f/

Let me know how you want to see the reflection on the coating and I can take a pic of the 850F and 650F.

Last edited:
DooLocsta,
Thanks for pointing to pcmonitors.info review. One of the picture shows the glare performance. It looks to me that light is diffused but not blur completely like a stronger AG coated screen can. Not sure the reflection is directly from window or not. Does your monitor show even worst reflection than the review pic when a room is lighted by sunlight or similar to the review lighted by moderate amount of outside light? If this is the case, I think the review picture is good enough. If it is quite different, when you get a chance, please take a picture when back of room is well lighted (best by sunlight) and take a picture direct onto the power-offed screen from where you normally site to show the background reflection.

My monitors are placed along a wall right angle from a glass patio door. So the room is lighted by afternoon sun but not directly onto the work area.

I guess I am confused about matt screen terminology... pcmonitors.info shows some screen described as very light matt seem to blur background as good or even better than some median matt screen. I am a bit confused...

Does anyone know if any 32" 1080p better meet above requirement? I know it's very low res and it's long shot...

Yes, it's kind of hard that's why I am asking to see if anyone has good pointer. I am not shooting to have all requirement meet. Just as much as possible or someone point to me a clear better monitor for reducing eye strain (and well performing text/graphic monitor) as a work monitor. I feel I would have a much easier time back early 2010 where reviews are plenty. Now aday, reviews are mostly gear toward gaming monitors. For the LG you linked, do you have a review to share? I am not certain it is not PWM free.

I'm not finding a review for that specific mode.

However, on the product page it says " Flicker Safe Technology" which I believe means it does not use PWM.

That said, I'm not sure it's the best monitor. Most of the newer better models are curved now.

I do not trust marketing phrases like that. I think manufacturer generally says it is PWM free or flicker free. When it uses another term, such as safe, less, etc... I am guessing it is higher frequency PWM.

Back