32" 1080P Full LED 120hz Sharp 32LE 700UN $576 shipped AC + Bing Cashback @ Buy.com

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Edit: [H] member zerodeefex just found an even better price, $503 shipped after 13.2% Cashback at Tiger Direct (thx !!)

- Go to Bing and search for "LCD TV" and click the 13.2% Tiger/Bing banner ad,

- Once your at Tiger Direct add the 32LE700UN to your cart.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some of you already know this is one of the few LCD TV's that has low input lag and good for PC gaming, It has a full array LED backlight (no zones), NOT edge-lit. The panel is halfway between matte and glossy btw.

4.5% Bing cashback gives you $27.63 and you can tack on a $10 coupon which lowers the price to around $576 shipped after all discounts. I may be wrong but I'm nearly positive this is the lowest price ever for a new unit.

This is a mid-2009 release so no telling when it will be discontinued.

Link to the Sharp 700UN: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=211201494

Bing cashback, look for buy.com in the list: http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/stores.aspx?scope=cashback&FORM=R5FD32

$10 coupons: http://www.techbargains.com/buycomcoupons.cfm

Last edited:
They've discontinued the 700s? I don't quite understand their lineup atm.

What is the lag, in ms? Samsung is something rediculous, like 250ms.

They've discontinued the 700s? I don't quite understand their lineup atm.

What is the lag, in ms? Samsung is something rediculous, like 250ms.
Between 16-32ms (1 to 2 frames) supposedly.

The 700UN series is from Sharp's 2009 line-up, it was released mid-year July 2009. But now that you mention it, looking at Sharp's website the LE700UN series may not have been discontinued yet, hmm.

Going to edit the original post.

search LCDTV in bing, you get 13.2% CB to TD, then pick this up:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...filiateID=lw9MynSeamY-e.V1Pa7QVopbYiOTfabNqw#

Cheapest price thus far = $503 shipped and no tax if you're in CA.
Link isn't working for me, Is it the Sharp 700UN you're linking?

Edit: Never mind, found it, here's another link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6269879&sku=S226-3264 BX

Wow, great price, going to edit the original post (THX !!)

Last edited:
Can the dynamic contrast be disabled on this unit? I had the AQUOS LC32GP1U and the dynamic contrast drove me nuts for PC use (worked great for viewing movies/TV, though).

This is tempting, especially considering that I paid ~$1200 for the LC32GP1U and it wasn't even LED backlit. Of course that was 2 or 3 years ago, so not really comparable...

Very tempted, anyone have this TV and can comment on its quality, especially for PC gaming? Looks pretty good from what I've found so far. Sure the lag is 16-32ms? Everything I found says 4ms, 16-32ms sounds like a bit much for gaming, unless TVs are rated different than monitors.

Very tempted, anyone have this TV and can comment on its quality, especially for PC gaming? Looks pretty good from what I've found so far. Sure the lag is 16-32ms? Everything I found says 4ms, 16-32ms sounds like a bit much for gaming, unless TVs are rated different than monitors.

You are probably thinking response time. That's different from input lag.

Anyway, I have the 40" version of this, and it's great...I do get some blur on darker maps though :(

Check walmart believe it or not. I was there today and they had two 1080p Sharp. One LCD and one plasma. One was 488ish and the other was 530ish.

Both 42".

What Gorb wrote was correct, you're thinking of pixel refresh, which is only a part of the equation. Of course leave it up to monitor and TV manufacturers to not give you the whole story...which is input lag, and 16-32ms is phenomenal for a 2009-20010 HDTV . Is it better than a high quality PC monitor? Probably not, but if you want an LCD TV for PC gaming then this is one of the very few that qualify, and i stress "very few".

Check walmart believe it or not. I was there today and they had two 1080p Sharp. One LCD and one plasma. One was 488ish and the other was 530ish.

Both 42".
Those are great deals, i bet the LCD they have is the Sharp 810UN series, which also has low input lag. Walmart.com isn't showing those prices so i'm guessing it's brick and mortar stores only so YMMV. Thanks for the heads up since it's darn tempting :)

This TV works very well as a PC monitor. I used it for several months before Eyefinity. If you put it in Game mode there is no noticeable input lag. There was a thread here before and its got some minor issues, but still one of the best TVs to use as a monitor.

is this nvidia 3d compatible?
how does it compare to say IPS monitors or the new Asus 27 inch 3d monitor?

Not 3D compatible, it's only 120hz refresh interpolated, not 120hz input. nvidia 3D needs 120hz input support.

how does it compare to say IPS monitors or the new Asus 27 inch 3d monitor?
people usually know ahead of time if they would want, or even like, a 32" TV as a monitor, the fact that you're asking these basic question on products that are not very comparable leads me to think that this TV may not be right for you.

Either you want 3D, or you don't want 3D. Either you want a jumbo 32" size, or you want a smaller monitor with a smaller pixel pitch.

If you can buy one in a brick and mortar store then you can take it for a test ride, but once you buy it online you're almost committed, or face $$$ hassles in trying to return/exchange. Too great of a chance that it won't be what you expected, and that you'll be disappointed.

I could be wrong of course.

i am actually waiting for the new Asus 3d led 27' monitor that is coming out soon. The other alternative is the more expensive Dell 27 IPS.
Sometimes I get tempted buying something because its is a good deal but most of the time i end up disappointed and forkout the money to buy what i really want. I am sure those of you who like fatwallet or slickdeal know what i mean.

Don't get a 27". Trust me, as an owner of what is arguably the best 26" PC gaming monitor in the world, I went from 24" to 26" and have never stopped kicking myself I didn't pay up a little more for the 30" and 2560x1600.

I have a 47" LG with a 240Hz refresh rate and it's done well with a PC attached to it for gaming.

Has anyone compared this to other 120hz tvs? Is the 120hz interpolation as smooth as other brands? I want to leave the interpolation on for gaming (I doubt I will notice extra input lag), I was originally considering a Vizio since they seem to be smoother than other tvs. Also does this tv have lower input lag (than most other tvs) when the 120hz is turned on, or only when it is turned off? When turned on will it be the same as all other brands that have frame interpolation?

Has anyone compared this to other 120hz tvs? Is the 120hz interpolation as smooth as other brands? I want to leave the interpolation on for gaming (I doubt I will notice extra input lag), I was originally considering a Vizio since they seem to be smoother than other tvs. Also does this tv have lower input lag (than most other tvs) when the 120hz is turned on, or only when it is turned off? When turned on will it be the same as all other brands that have frame interpolation?
For a TV to have decent input lag with 120hz enabled it needs to have low input lag to begin with.

Vizio's have high input lag at 3 frames or more ( +48ms).

Not sure how fluid the Sharp is in 120hz mode but there's a decent review, or two, on it somewhere i think.

Just bumping this thread as the cashback is now 15.2% and I just picked one up for $579.99 and:

"This order qualifies for $88.16 in Cash Back."

Now down to $491.83

Also paid with ebillme for the first time for the $20 rebate. This is looking like a good purchase!

I would definitely vouch for using a quality LCD TV as a computer monitor. Use to own a GP3U and have my 46" set now (recliner action baby).

So I bit on this tonight...

I wanted one final "hurrah" before BCB dies on the 30th. It was tough deciding between this, the Sony KDL32EX400/KDL32EX500, Panny TC-L32U22, LG 32LD550, Samsung LN32C550, etc. but the numerous good reviews on the Sharp and the fact that it was LED full array sold me (I don't really care about the 120hz). I still might pick up the Sony EX400 since it's only $420 after BCB and also gets great reviews. This won't replace my 30 inchers, but it'll make a great second monitor/TV for my 2nd PC in the corner of the room.

So I bit on this tonight...

I wanted one final "hurrah" before BCB dies on the 30th. It was tough deciding between this, the Sony KDL32EX400/KDL32EX500, Panny TC-L32U22, LG 32LD550, Samsung LN32C550, etc. but the numerous good reviews on the Sharp and the fact that it was LED full array sold me (I don't really care about the 120hz). I still might pick up the Sony EX400 since it's only $420 after BCB and also gets great reviews. This won't replace my 30 inchers, but it'll make a great second monitor/TV for my 2nd PC in the corner of the room.
Nice, hope it works out well for you. I'm sure we're both wondering how it would compare to a Sony EX400 :p. Let us know how it works out, especially if you buy both and compare them.

I have a feeling it'll be a lot harder finding mega-hot TV deals once Bing cashback is discontinued, hence the reason i purchased an LG 50PK550 plasma recently ;)

I got two questions. I know that plasma using more energy compared to LCD or LED, but anyone know how much more they use. I do understand that the Energy Star 4.0 allows a considerable lower usage, but is this helpful for plasma TVs?

Also anyone know if this is a good TV? I got interested to it as its cheap for an LED and my walmart has this for just a little cheaper.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ProScan-4...ner=Xm5jnp5dX*c&sourceid=00650847902230839939

Thanks for any help.

I got two questions. I know that plasma using more energy compared to LCD or LED, but anyone know how much more they use. I do understand that the Energy Star 4.0 allows a considerable lower usage, but is this helpful for plasma TVs?

Also anyone know if this is a good TV? I got interested to it as its cheap for an LED and my walmart has this for just a little cheaper.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ProScan-4...ner=Xm5jnp5dX*c&sourceid=00650847902230839939

Thanks for any help.
The first question about plasma vs LED power consumption...that's a tough one for me, i do know the perfect forum to post that question though, the Flat Panel general tech forum at AVS.

2009 and 2010 plasma models do use much less energy than before but i'm sure LED still has them beat by a comfortable margin, just not sure by how much.

As for that Proscan LED you posted...while i'm not against no-name brands for the right price, i would never recommend getting one without an aftermarket warranty for two reasons: 1) scarcity of replacement parts, 2) Proscan is rumored to have poor customer service (?). But aftermarket warranties bring another problem, they add to the cost of your TV, at least another $100. That same $100 could be put towards a better, more reliable, name brand television. Something to think about.

Here's some research links on the Proscan 42LED55SA :
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1262040<-- comment about the Proscan's Energy Star 4 rating.
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1251617
- http://www.amazon.com/Proscan-47LED...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 <-- note that one of the positive reviewers reviewed a different TV (!)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you for the reply. One primary reason I was thinking of getting this one despite being a brand I have never heard of is that Walmart had a ton of reviews which werent too bad.

Thank you for the reply. One primary reason I was thinking of getting this one despite being a brand I have never heard of is that Walmart had a ton of reviews which werent too bad.
That's good and bad.

Walmart has the absolute worst reviewers, bar none imho. But the fact that it maintained 4 1/2 stars after over 100 reviews must say something (i still don't totally trust them though :p)

There's still the extended warranty cost to consider, because i would never purchase it without one, but if the combined price was right i wouldn't hesitate.

Warrant services to price shop: Mack, CPS & SquareTrade.

Last edited:
That's good and bad.

Walmart has the absolute worst reviewers, bar none imho. But the fact that it maintained 4 1/2 stars after over 100 reviews must say something (i still don't totally trust them though :p)

There's still the extended warranty cost to consider, because i would never purchase it without one, but if the combined price was right i wouldn't hesitate.

Warrant services to price shop: Mack, CPS & SquareTrade.

Thanks, at 75 dollars for extra 2 years for Squaretrade, I may just consider getting a better quality. I did get interested too as its LED and pretty slim. My TV stand cant take a lot of weight so I prefer not to have to buy another one.

Ill look around for an good LCD at a similar price.

Nice, hope it works out well for you. I'm sure we're both wondering how it would compare to a Sony EX400 :p. Let us know how it works out, especially if you buy both and compare them.

I have a feeling it'll be a lot harder finding mega-hot TV deals once Bing cashback is discontinued, hence the reason i purchased an LG 50PK550 plasma recently ;)

Thanks man. I know what you mean. I saw that deal for the 50PK550 and was tempted to bite on that too, but as good a deal as it is I just couldn't think of a use for it. 50" is too large for our bedroom, and we already have a Hitachi 50" plasma in the living room and a 52" Philips LCD for the basement when it's finished. And 50" is waaayyyy too big for me to use as a monitor (I recently downgraded my 37" Westy at work to a 27" Asus because I felt uncomfortable working on the 37" all day) :rolleyes:

is this deal dead? I saw it earlier tonight but dont see the cashback anymore :( :(. Was just waiting until after lunch to fire away on this.

is this deal dead? I saw it earlier tonight but dont see the cashback anymore :( :(. Was just waiting until after lunch to fire away on this.

Hmm, good question. It wasn't supposed to expire until tomorrow.

I just tried again (same thing that I did last night; search for "lcd tv" on Bing) and here's what I got:

BCB1.png

No 15% or cashback symbol next to TigerDirect. :(

So then I tried searching for the specific television and got this:

BCB2.png

Which looked promising...but when I clicked the link I was taken to the product page WITHOUT cashback showing. I know some people have had trouble getting the cashback to show up properly, but I didn't have an issue last night. I wonder if the TD cashback ended today even though BCB officially ends tomorrow? Either way, I'm definitely glad I got my order in because the cashback was what pushed me over the edge.

yea... i was debating all day and finally decided to go ahead and its gone lol. I guess its ok..it seems these tvs are getting more affordable, but this was a fantastic deal and I had no tax here in NJ.

Yeah, it might be just temporary, who knows. I had trouble getting items from other stores showing up when I tried, too. Maybe BCB is getting slammed from people trying to get in at the last minute. Sucks for me because I was on the verge of ordering that Sony Bravia too! :p

Heads up:

I didn't check to see what they have in stock but Beach Camera's Ebay store still has their 10% and 15% coupon promo going on, combine it with 8% Bing cashback for ebay and you can probably get a great deal on some kind of TV.

Remember that most Sharp's, and the Sony EX400 series have relatively low input lag (for gaming).

10% off coupon (up to $200 savings)
Applies only to purchases made from beachcamera
Expires July 30, 2010, at 11:59 PM PT
Coupon Code: CBEACHCAML

15% off coupon (up to $375 savings, minimum purchase of $2,000)
Applies only to purchases made from beachcamera
Expires July 30, 2010, at 11:59 PM PT
Coupon Code: CBEACHCAMH

SJetski71: nice find. What about the EX500 series? It also gets great reviews but I read on AVSforum that the extra processing for the 120hz might not make it as desirable for PC use as the EX400. I don't really need the 120hz but I read that some other brands do it better than the Sharp. I'm sort of iffy about the soap opera effect (I like it sometimes; other times not so much) so that's not really a factor in my decision. Any insight on the EX400 vs. EX500? TIA.

Back