3090 Ti Owner's Club

JMCB

Gawd
278182879_10228299913621540_7389449807234541456_n.jpg

278242130_10228299881860746_2798255178049262509_n.jpg

Who here did the jump? I'm going to be playing around with overclocking and posting numbers this weekend.

I jumped. From 3090 FE to Asus TUF 3090 Ti. Gained a thousand points in 3DMark Time Spy. Not a big increase, but she is rock solid stable at 2130MHz (clocks don't jump around like with the 3090) and quiet. I feel more comfortable pushing the memory OC as well. It's a fantastic, power thirsty piece of engineering. My OCD is satisfied. For now.

Next step will be direct air conditioning to the card! I am even tempted to build a custom loop. Of course, as soon as I do that the 4090 will be announced. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCB
like this
I'm seeing about 2000 points more on Port Royal from the 3090 FE. I'm pretty happy!

On a side note, I posted the two images from the top post onto the PC Master Race Facebook group and people are losing their marbles.

On a side note, I posted the two images from the top post onto the PC Master Race Facebook group and people are losing their marbles.

Stunning, and brave! You may break the internet with that first pic!

My EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra should be arriving from the step up tomorrow. Excited to stop using my GT 1030 and get back into gaming (for real) again.

Biggest surprise is how much cooler this card runs that my previous EVGA 3080 Ti. The 3080 would get up to around 74C when gaming and this card stays in the 66C area.
I put the XOC BIOS on my EVGA 3090 TI FTW Ultra and it runs hot (75-80c)! The card is now pulling over 500 watts and breaks 23K in 3dMark Timespy with no overclock.

Biggest surprise is how much cooler this card runs that my previous EVGA 3080 Ti. The 3080 would get up to around 74C when gaming and this card stays in the 66C area.
The cooler must pay off being extra thick.

Last edited:
Yeah especially when considering the increased power consumption under heavy loading.

I went to a EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING from a ROG Strix 3090 OC and I notice 1) way more quiet 2) more performant, but that was to be expected. I was after quiet and the Strix wasn't it for me... I really wanted to get an AIO one but apparently you can't step up to the AIO/hybrids?

Yeah especially when considering the increased power consumption under heavy loading.
I thought the same thing and read a lot of reviews and observations online about how much cooler this card was, but had my doubts. I can honestly say it runs cooler.
I went to a EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING from a ROG Strix 3090 OC and I notice 1) way more quiet 2) more performant, but that was to be expected. I was after quiet and the Strix wasn't it for me... I really wanted to get an AIO one but apparently you can't step up to the AIO/hybrids?
I was in the step up for my card and though I wasn't interested in a hybrid card I didn't see that as an upgrade option for my previous 3080 Ti

Well I managed to get into the queue for the 3090Ti Hybrid SKU, so I'll either have 2x 3090TI or I'll sell one... lol.

There doesn't seem to be a long wait for those direct to EVGA's website. The ROG Strix 3090Ti Hybrid (which I had placed the order for first, then cancelled when I got my EVGA notification) is also available at newegg.. came back in stock today. I would've probably been happy with either, however, the EVGA warranty / support is unparalleled IMHO.

I bought Rtx 3090 Ti Gaming Gigabyte and have 55C max temps under load. I am surprised. Boost is something like 2070mhz.

I bought Rtx 3090 Ti Gaming Gigabyte and have 55C max temps under load. I am surprised. Boost is something like 2070mhz.
Most people I see are getting 54C under load and boosting to 2071Mhz as well. You may need to RMA, esp. if you hear any noise coming from the card or PC at all. ;)

Finally a card that isn’t a noisy mofo.
It doesn't look like you used the e-leash? Didn't see the benefits over my simple, but effective cylinder support. Only thing I need to do now is swap out the memory in mine since it can't be controlled by any software I currently have installed.
5-15-22.jpg

Should have thrown up a poll asking how many people went from 3090 -> 3090ti.

I'm sitting this one out. While Ive been enjoying 120fps on my oled at 4k, bumping up to the ti isn't enough to change the experience. I'm looking forward to Nvidia getting back to some stronger raster next gen, cause 25 fps at native with raytracing effects on isn't life changing.

For those with a 3090 FE (not interested in AIB versions) what is your max temp when gaming at 4K with the most graphically demanding game you play (CP2077 for example)?

The timing of the release screwed NVIDIA. If they would have hit January they would have really sold these like hotcakes and at probably $2,500 or more.

That said - I have two of the EVGA FTW3 Ultras (one step up from 3080 Ti, and another from MicroCenter on launch) - was able to swap out other cards (AMD reference 6900 XT and an MSI 3080 SUPRIM) that were gaming/crypto cards to "justify" the bumps. We are gamers first and it has been fun playing with these cards.

Super quiet, huge, and let's face it - not all that much better in any games in a meaningful way. lol

Excited for the 4xxx series release!

EVGA Precision X had a new firmware update for the 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra (and I assume others). My BIOS shows (94.02.A0.00.5C) - does anyone know what the new firmware fixes?

EDIT: found out that they don't publish what changes on the EVGA forums - link. Strange...but I also found out it is only changes to iCX and lighting with firmware (it's not BIOS, as I originally thought) - so relatively minor.

3090ti_bios.gif

Last edited:
Picked up an EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid for $1542 (no EVGA bux) out the door yesterday. There were some juicy deals going on with vendors clearing out inventory to make room for the 40 series.

Should be quite cool running! Now all there is to do, besides waiting to get it in, is to chill and see if the 90 day EVGA step up window will be worth getting the 4090 - rumor is it is an even more power hungry beast that will be a 4-sloter, and the step up (very likely) wont have a hybrid option.

Should have thrown up a poll asking how many people went from 3090 -> 3090ti.

I'm sitting this one out. While Ive been enjoying 120fps on my oled at 4k, bumping up to the ti isn't enough to change the experience. I'm looking forward to Nvidia getting back to some stronger raster next gen, cause 25 fps at native with raytracing effects on isn't life changing.
It was tempting, but for real gaming at 4K with RT on, not worth the upgrade IMO. Already running a 500W vBios on this card and pushing it pretty hard. I am hoping that the 4090 will be the jump that rumors claim it to be though. Thats my worthy target as a replacement for this 3090 FTW3U I have.

Ended up getting a EVGA 3090 ti ftw3 ultra for $1271 out the door from Microcenter. Was advertised as an open box but looked brand spanking new, not a speckof dust on it and had all the stickers/wrapping on the card.
IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

Ended up getting a EVGA 3090 ti ftw3 ultra for $1271 out the door from Microcenter. Was advertised as an open box but looked brand spanking new, not a speckof dust on it and had all the stickers/wrapping on the card.
View attachment 491976
View attachment 491975
Probably someone brought it home and got yelled at before even getting it in the PC.... LOL.

Looks nice...

For those with a 3090 FE (not interested in AIB versions) what is your max temp when gaming at 4K with the most graphically demanding game you play (CP2077 for example)?
3090 clocks, temps. power with OC settings +100 core voltage, +100 core clock, +150 mem clock,...gif

I did do the Thermal pad replacement on the GDDR6X, and used thermal grizzly kryonaut on the gpu.
This was after several hours of Cyberpunk 2077 at 3440x1440 (not exactly 4k but 5 million pixels, 60% the 4k amount), with GPU-Z recording the maximums seen over that entire period. The Thermal pad replacement was kinda expensive to do (~$50 iirc) but made the most difference.

Was kinda scary taking a brand new $1500 video card apart but there was a how-to video on Youtube, and the exact type of pad and required thickness was all spelled out.
20210724_205058.jpg

My card as I started the thermal pad replacement. The white pads are the originals. I don't think I screenshotted the temps before the replacement (dammit), I think GPU was upper 80's C and DRAM was 100 to 104C.
After taking off the back plate and realizing that half of the dram doesn't have any active cooling I was like WTF! But they don't have the GPU heat nearby like the frontside dram, so tradeoff in location that seems to work in their favor. The backside is near my CPU, but it overall runs cooler at 71C.
The temps of the dram is quite good after Thermal Pad replacement. And the Power usage isn't crazy on the dram, 55W is I think the highest I have ever seen on the dram and that was during the +750 oc testing.

Gpu max temp (hotspot) 82C
GDDR6X max temp 84C (probably the backside chips)
GDDR6X max power draw 52.5W which is total, front side 12Gb plus backside 12Gb, so 26W per side. That is really reasonable and why the backside cooling isn't a big problem as I first feared.
Total board max power draw 415W at 118% TDP observed. The setting in Afterburner is for 114% Max TDP which is the highest it can be set to. These temps/clocks were with +100 on the core, +150 on the GDDR6X. When I was testing dram OC, there was almost no change in Timespy scores between +150 and +750, and I think it had dropped a little at +500 so I just dropped it back down since it didn't seem to be helping.

Worth pointing out that this is on a 3440x1440p LCD, that has a max refresh rate of 100Hz. So I am sure that it both hurts the score but also limits the GPU load. But, I did have Raytracing set to Psycho, and play with DLSS off, so it looks great. The Max GPU Load seen was 100% so should still be fairly valid results.

Last edited:
Back