3080ti - Unbearable coil whine through speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How TF is applying for an RMA with an in-warranty component and not getting it "making the process difficult"? Especially when I provided multiple video clips to prove it in the first place? Fuck off

You are the customers that are hard if not impossible to please.. looks like they are trying to help you and just want complete confirmation. Just get the new card, see if your issue is resolved and move on. Looks like you are just making this whole process difficult for everyone including yourself.

lol what? The card is clearly causing an issue, and he is trying to get it replaced under warranty. That is about as simple and straightforward as it gets.

I doubt most GPU companies would issue a replacement under warranty over just coil whine. I can understand his frustration. I ended up getting another PSU because of coil whine coming from it.

Sure I agree. If it was just the whine I hear at the card I wouldn't have even bothered RMA'ing it. But in this case it's not just coil whine. It's whatever is causing the noise to bleed through the speakers. I don't totally fault them for not replacing it the first time but I'll admit I'm frustrated and want to be sure it doesn't get sent back again.

You are the customers that are hard if not impossible to please.. looks like they are trying to help you and just want complete confirmation. Just get the new card, see if your issue is resolved and move on. Looks like you are just making this whole process difficult for everyone including yourself.

Agree. They're literally offering a replacement card and dude is still crying.

No, I took it upon myself to source an additional video card to troubleshoot it to an absolute certainty before sending it back again to avoid wasting my time and theirs. Now that I know I'm taking them up on their offer. But whatever, you're right bud

No, I took it upon myself to source an additional video card to troubleshoot it to an absolute certainty before sending it back again to avoid wasting my time and theirs. Now that I know I'm taking them up on their offer. But whatever, you're right bud
They don't have your system, they cannot verify with 100% certainty a replacement card would fix it but offered it anyway. They did exactly what they should've done.

I can understand his frustration. Often times companies want to point to another component and get you out of their hair. I get it, these situations can be complicated and without the users exact system troubleshooting is almost impossible.

What I do find it frustrating when the user goes out of their way to thoroughly troubleshoot an issue and the rep responds with boiler plate BS that clearly shows they didn't read the users notes.

These situations stink as it's a crap shoot if they can reproduce the issue or if you just paid for shipping for no reason. I had an issue with a motherboard, luckily I was within the return window and was able to deal with the retailer. I could have tried an RMA, but based on their initial response I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have been able to replicate the issue and I would have wasted money.

Thanks Silentbob. Look, as far as I can tell there's no more technical information to be gleaned from this thread. I'm going to put it to bed before it becomes anything else. For those that had constructive inputs to add while I was troubleshooting I thank you for your time and I'll see ya on the next go around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back