3080ti Sekiro Shadows Die Twice No Sound

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
Didn't know were else to post this, I have no sound at all in game but in Windows, Youtube, etc. the sound is fine. One thing to point out is this happened after I swapped a 3080 for a 3080ti with a fresh driver install. I redownloaded the game also to no avail. Everything was fine until the swap.

I swapped a 3080 for a 3080ti with a fresh driver install
There's no reason to do this ever since the introduction of the unified driver. I used the same install across a Titan X, a 2080Ti, and a 3080, all with 0 issues. Never hurts to try your existing install when just swapping GPU across the same generation; at best, it works fine and you don't have to do anything else, and at worst, you just waste a bit of time and do a driver reinstall if any issues pop up.

As for your issue, check to see if there isn't something about it in the Known Issues section of the patch notes for the driver you installed, although GPU installs don't usually cause audio problems like that unless you were using them for HDMI audio output. Check event viewer after launching a game to see if it's not throwing up any errors regarding your sound driver.

There's no reason to do this ever since the introduction of the unified driver. I used the same install across a Titan X, a 2080Ti, and a 3080, all with 0 issues. Never hurts to try your existing install when just swapping GPU across the same generation; at best, it works fine and you don't have to do anything else, and at worst, you just waste a bit of time and do a driver reinstall if any issues pop up.

As for your issue, check to see if there isn't something about it in the Known Issues section of the patch notes for the driver you installed, although GPU installs don't usually cause audio problems like that unless you were using them for HDMI audio output. Check event viewer after launching a game to see if it's not throwing up any errors regarding your sound driver.
I reinstalled the drivers only after the no sound issue, you know, troubleshooting and such. What's also strange is that its only this game that has the issue. All other games in Steam, Epic, Origin, etc, have no issues at all.

Audio is via hdmi from gpu or onboard sound or sound card or external dac or or or or. You have to be much more specific if anyone is really gonna help.

Back