3080 Ti available at select physical Best Buy locations starting tomorrow morning (no online orders)

I have not even opened my 3080 ti yet since I was so tired and I had to go to work right after getting home yesterday. I am seriously thinking about throwing it on eBay right now as I've had several more medical bills than I ever expected this year. At the same time I may not even get an opportunity to get a video card like this for 6 months or more and I really could put that GPU power to use. I do know in a normal market and normal situation I would have never bought a 3080 TI for $1199 in the first place and would have gone with a 3080 for $699. Sorry I'm just thinking out loud here...
If you're serious about selling, PM me your asking price if it's within reason

If you're serious about selling, PM me your asking price if it's within reason
Oh if I go to the trouble of selling it it's going to be for about what they're going on eBay so I would not consider that reasonable at all.

And to the other people mentioning that I already have a high-end card right now then I agree that is not like I'm suffering by any means. But at the same time I can also get about $1100 or $1,200 for it right now too if I decide to keep the 3080 TI.

no info on that yet. Would be awesome if they keep it in store.

Yeah, if that's the case I'll have to start making friends with the staff so I can at least get a heads up on when they get stock in vs randomly showing up and leaving empty handed. While my 1080Ti is still doing ok at 1440p, it would be nice to have an upgrade in time for BF6.

Yeah, if that's the case I'll have to start making friends with the staff so I can at least get a heads up on when they get stock in vs randomly showing up and leaving empty handed. While my 1080Ti is still doing ok at 1440p, it would be nice to have an upgrade in time for BF6.
I'd be fine with a drop every other friday at select stores. At least that works. I think I've wasted more time waiting for an add to cart button the past few months than if I had stood in line for 24 hours.

I'd be fine with a drop every other friday at select stores. At least that works. I think I've wasted more time waiting for an add to cart button the past few months than if I had stood in line for 24 hours.
I just jump in when I get the discord notification. Worked for three FE cards now in the last 4 months.

I decided to YOLO it and keep the 3080 TI. I looked on eBay and even the 2080 TI cards are going for crazy prices so I'll get some good money out of it. I just feel that even at the rip off MSRP price at least it was MSRP and there's no telling when the market will get back to normal and I really want to have the best graphics card that I can realistically get. I plan on going with an OLED LG TV later on so the DisplayPort 2.1 will come in handy and I also want as much graphics power as possible for virtual reality gaming.

Obviously. It's just amusing that the various 3080Ti line photos in that article (and the ones from the Microcenter, too) show a very heavy slant toward males who are between 18-35. I wouldn't call those line photos even close to representative of gamers as whole.
Looks like the "core" gamer audience to me.

Okay I definitely flip-flopped and ended up putting the 2080 TI back in my system and selling the 3080 TI. My 3080ti was just too loud when I got anywhere close to full load in some games. I may have just been unlucky because digital foundry had two cards and they said one of theirs was loud and the other one wasn't. Also the coil whine in some games was just unbearable. And it was odd too because it wasn't from high frame rates or high load as the games that it was the loudest in were only around 50 or 60 percent GPU usage and even the clocks were not always at full boost when this happened. That coil whine was just way too distracting and I would say was probably three times higher than the coil whine on the EVGA 2080 TI that I have. I realize that many people would not even be bothered by something like that but I am quite picky when it comes to electrical noises especially since it's only like 2 ft from my ears. Anyway sold the 3080 TI this morning and already shipped it out.

Okay I definitely flip-flopped and ended up putting the 2080 TI back in my system and selling the 3080 TI. My 3080ti was just too loud when I got anywhere close to full load in some games. I may have just been unlucky because digital foundry had two cards and they said one of theirs was loud and the other one wasn't. Also the coil whine in some games was just unbearable. And it was odd too because it wasn't from high frame rates or high load as the games that it was the loudest in were only around 50 or 60 percent GPU usage and even the clocks were not at full boost. That coil whine was just way too distracting and I would say was probably three times higher than the coil whine on the EVGA 2080 TI that I have. I realize that many people would not even be bothered by something like that but I am quite picky when it comes to electrical noises especially since it's only like 2 ft from my ears. Anyway sold the 3080 TI this morning and already shipped it out.

Was it an FE?

Was it an FE?
Yes as that was the model that was available at Best Buy and that's the thread that we're in. The 30 series FE models are definitely known to have more coil whine than any other version and that's pretty well documented. It was an absolutely beautiful card though and looked so much better in person than it did in pictures or in videos.

When I was playing RE Village I could just hear the fan getting louder and louder and although it was smooth it was just getting to a level that I did not consider acceptable and was much much louder than my 2080 TI. Metro Exodus enhanced edition brought out the most coil whine though which was surprising as again I was only about 50 or 60% GPU load at the settings I was using when I first started testing. Of the several games I tried really the experience was all over the place between fan noise and coil whine. This was not acceptable to me at any price and I would have just returned to the card in a normal market but I know many people are so desperate to get one and are not bothered by small things like this. I did sell it for cheaper than probably any other 3080 TI was going for.

Yes as that was the model that was available at Best Buy and that's the thread that we're in. The 30 series FE models are definitely known to have more coil whine than any other version and that's pretty well documented. It was an absolutely beautiful card though and looked so much better in person than it did in pictures or in videos.

When I was playing RE Village I could just hear the fan getting louder and louder and although it was smooth it was just getting to a level that I did not consider acceptable and was much much louder than my 2080 TI. Metro Exodus enhanced edition brought out the most coil whine though which was surprising as again I was only about 50 or 60% GPU load at the settings I was using when I first started testing. Of the several games I tried really the experience was all over the place between fan noise and coil whine. This was not acceptable to me at any price and I would have just returned to the card in a normal market but I know many people are so desperate to get one and are not bothered by small things like this. I did sell it for cheaper than probably any other 3080 TI was going for.
I’d bet at least some of that extra noise may have been your PSU. The higher power draw of the card combined with higher CPU usage with the more powerful card probably nets a significantly higher power draw.

I’d bet at least some of that extra noise may have been your PSU. The higher power draw of the card combined with higher CPU usage with the more powerful card probably nets a significantly higher power draw.
It was all video card as I put my head down there plus my psu has a shroud over it. And as I said the coil whine was happening under only 50-60% load and reduced clocks so my 1000 watt psu was twiddling its thumbs.

In that area (LA), clearly between 18-30 years old and male. Well, at least PC gamers who want a 3080Ti. Otherwise it looks like a pretty diverse bunch.
I am 61 and have been pc gaming for over 25 years . I finally got my step up after filing back in October. I paid 889.00 for my XC Ultra mofo. Seems palitable by today's standards. Anywho, pc gamers come in all age groups. I am willing to bet that there are quite a few in my age group. Console gaming just does not do it for us.

I am 61 and have been pc gaming for over 25 years . I finally got my step up after filing back in October. I paid 889.00 for my XC Ultra mofo. Seems palitable by today's standards. Anywho, pc gamers come in all age groups. I am willing to bet that there are quite a few in my age group. Console gaming just does not do it for us.
Agreed, my dad is 68 and since he is retired I'm sure he games more than I do.

Agreed, my dad is 68 and since he is retired I'm sure he games more than I do.
20210619_103932.jpg
20210619_103957.jpg

Attachments

• 20210619_104004.jpg
    20210619_104004.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: noko
like this

You got nothing on grandpa!:ROFLMAO:

My dad turned 60 and I built him his first desktop in 20 years with my Pascal Titan X. He's been playing Euro and American Truck Simulator nonstop.

An EVGA FTW3 ti was in my cart with today's online drop that I could have used as a step up to a (waterblocked?) 3090, but Best Buy would not let me complete the transaction. So much for Elite membership.

An EVGA FTW3 ti was in my cart with today's online drop that I could have used as a step up to a (waterblocked?) 3090, but Best Buy would not let me complete the transaction. So much for Elite membership.
You have confused the two - Elite membership is offered directly by EVGA and only applicable when you buy directly from EVGA website. It has nothing to do with Best Buy.

You have confused the two - Elite membership is offered directly by EVGA and only applicable when you buy directly from EVGA website. It has nothing to do with Best Buy.
and you cannot step up to a water blocked 3090.

There are a few different things they could have meant.......
I think they were referring to getting Elite Status for having bought the EVGA card, which then "unlocks" the ability to step up.
There is also that Best Buy Elite membership, though as far as i am aware it does nothing to help with getting a card, or not having it sell out before you can check out. It does give an early purchase window like EVGA's, maybe?

There are a few different things they could have meant.......
I think they were referring to getting Elite Status for having bought the EVGA card, which then "unlocks" the ability to step up.
There is also that Best Buy Elite membership, though as far as i am aware it does nothing to help with getting a card, or not having it sell out before you can check out. It does give an early purchase window like EVGA's, maybe?
ah yes, prob meant best buy elite. Does have it's perks, even if getting gpus isn't one of them.

I wasn't confused about anything. I was referring to my Best Buy status, with which I have a Best Buy "Elite Plus" account.

Back