3080 Ti available at select physical Best Buy locations starting tomorrow morning (no online orders)

Swung by my local BB (Gainesville, FL) at about 8am. Guys in line told me tickets were handed out at 7:30. Said there were around 100 people in line and 53 tickets given out.

update from someone in line at the Waterford CT store:

Waterford CT
56 cards
Expected by 7pm
Took names and phone numbers on papers
We all walk away empty handed for now
When we pick up our cards we'll get $100 gift cards as compensation

sam

The Denver Microcenter had a line out front for most of the days yesterday. I guess they didn't have them or put them on sale until late afternoon. Looked like there were 20'ish people based on some photos I saw on FB, so way less crazy than I expected. If I didn't end up with a 3090 last fall, I'd be all over one of these.

Oh my god I am never doing this again. Was frigging raining and windy all night and this morning.
I am wet and worn out from standing around for 9 hours.
IMG_1621.JPEG

EVGA's site totally overwhelmed by all the elite peeps trying to get in.

sam

Oh my god I am never doing this again. Was frigging raining and windy all night and this morning.
View attachment 362380
Nice! Last time I did that was for the Xbox 360 and it got down into the freaking 20s overnight in Orlando. Living in Florida I did not have appropriate clothes for that temperature.

Reactions: noko
like this
I really hope this is a good sign for the availability of 3-series cards moving forward. They're a legit game changer for anyone coming from the 1-series era or prior.
I just tossed my hat into the ring for one of these via NewEgg. I figure if I can get one, I'll sell my 3090 for close to MSRP and earn some gamer karma.

Wow, asking for more than 3090 going for.
That was my immediate reaction.

OP is blasting comments as fast as they can but the overarching FU sentiment is there.

I can only imagine the eBay message reporting queue is full of sunshine, puppies, and prayers.

Screenshot_20210603-091904.png

Why are you people buying this POS card and telling Nvidia that a 75% price increase for an 8% performance gain is acceptable? WHY?
Because some people have money and would rather get some enjoyment out of their hobby than to sit around bitching and complaining for the foreseeable future. Things are really messed up right now so you have to jump on any opportunity you can. I would much rather have bought a 3080 and have been on the EVGA notification since many months ago and would have loved to had just the founders edition 3080 but neither of those have worked out. And also miners will pay just about anything for a video card so you can actually throw it on eBay and make a huge chunk of money.

Why are you people buying this POS card and telling Nvidia that a 75% price increase for an 8% performance gain is acceptable? WHY?
Is anyone going to tell him that those people are turning around and selling them for more then 2x the cost on ebay,?

Because they want to play new PC games at a decent framerate + details and it's one of the only options to allow that. People are just taking whatever they can get. It's not like you can just roll up to Best Buy and snag a 3080 at MSRP. You can buy one of these new for less than you can buy the cards that launched last year used. If you have the money, then rock on.

I have a new build all ready to go, just missing a GPU. Getting into queue for the TI gives a better chance than waiting for my 3090 (or 3080 non-Ti) queues to pop, since i didn't sign up until late for those and there are likely thousands more people ahead of me there than for this newly released Ti queue.

I have the money, I am running a Titan X Pascal. Just because you have the money does not mean you have to spend it. You are telling Nvidia (and AMD, Intel, Asus, MSI, Newegg, etc) that you will stand in line for hours or pay 2X MSRP for ANYTHING. I hope none of you complain when these prices become normal forever.

I have the money, I am running a Titan X Pascal. Just because you have the money does not mean you have to spend it. You are telling Nvidia (and AMD, Intel, Asus, MSI, Newegg, etc) that you will stand in line for hours or pay 2X MSRP for ANYTHING. I hope none of you complain when these prices become normal forever.
What do you mean by 2X MSRP? The 3080 ti MSRP is $1400. Edit: Correction, $1200. Was thinking of the eVGA FTW3 pricing.

Last edited:
Oh a lecture from somebody who bought a Titan, that's cute. And what in the hell are you talking about when it comes to paying two times MSRP? Do you even know what thread you're in? This is straight up MSRP for the card and whether you like that price or not it is what it is. And how many times does it have to be explained to you that getting this card at MSRP is better than getting ripped off trying to buy a slower card at an even higher scalper price? Maybe just get through your head that some people want a video card and want it now and based on the current conditions this is not all that unreasonable.

If you don't get it at MSRP will you pay extra for it?
Why makes you think I would? I was up at 5am PST to get into the queue to pay at MSRP. Honestly, at this point, MSRP is just a made up number, because they have to come up with a number anyway.

Oh a lecture from somebody who bought a Titan, that's cute. And what in the hell are you talking about when it comes to paying two times MSRP? Do you even know what thread you're in? This is straight up MSRP for the card and whether you like that price or not it is what it is. And how many times does it have to be explained to you that getting this card at MSRP is better than getting ripped off trying to buy a slower card at an even higher scalper price? Maybe just get through your head that some people want a video card and want it now and based on the current conditions this is not all that unreasonable.
Well the MSRP is unreasonable, that is the point. If you noticed I skipped the Turing generation because the price to performance ratio was getting ridiculous. Thanks to all the people that skipped that generation Nvidia came out with the 3080 at MSRP $699. What will this buying frenzy tell them?

Why makes you think I would? I was up at 5am PST to get into the queue to pay at MSRP. Honestly, at this point, MSRP is just a made up number, because they have to come up with a number anyway.
I don't know what you will do, that is why I asked. I know that a lot of people will.

I will also be in queue for the 3070Ti (unless by some miracle i get a notification to buy one of the items i am queued for before then). Complaints about it's MSRP?

Well the MSRP is unreasonable, that is the point. If you noticed I skipped the Turing generation because the price to performance ratio was getting ridiculous. Thanks to all the people that skipped that generation Nvidia came out with the 3080 at MSRP $699. What will this buying frenzy tell them?
They'll push until the market won't support the $ tiers, then we will see what they do.

Well, I get the desire for a new card, I am a gamer too, we all are. I just refuse to pay for more than I think the product deserves, not to save money but to vote with my wallet. If supply catches up to demand late this year I will buy a card, if not I will wait until the next generation. Good luck with what ever decision you make, seriously.

Well, I get the desire for a new card, I am a gamer too, we all are. I just refuse to pay for more than I think the product deserves, not to save money but to vote with my wallet. If supply catches up to demand late this year I will buy a card, if not I will wait until the next generation. Good luck with what ever decision you make, seriously.
I'm just waiting for that sweet, sweet mining crash to scoop up a 3080 or 3080 Ti for half off. It's coming. I'm thinking near the end of this year, maybe a nice Xmas present for myself.

I'll use the money I make from ETH 2.0 to buy it, too. Double whammy.

yeah that was hard pass for me down here in virginia beach lol

Back