3080 Ti available at select physical Best Buy locations starting tomorrow morning (no online orders)

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Best Buy is making the 3080 Ti FE available at select retail locations across the country tomorrow morning. The page lists which stores the will be available. The staff will hand out tickets at 0730 local time and you'll be able to pick a card up at 0900. Better get there quick as I'm sure people are already rushing to get in line.

https://corporate.bestbuy.com/what-...e-rtx-3080-ti-founders-edition-graphics-card/

1622664405057.png

Here are the worstbuy physical shops around the sf bay area and surrounding region. Pretty sad that only one out of 12 carries the inventory. Very sad.

1622666689466.png

Here are the worstbuy physical shops around the sf bay area and surrounding region. Pretty sad that only one out of 12 carries the inventory. Very sad.

View attachment 362157
What did you expect? All of the stores listed are far from each other. It reduces delivery cost and makes it so people who go to the store have a better chance vs each store getting 1 gpu. Nearest store to me is 100 miles, and I don't blame them for that. People will actually get gpus tomorrow.

Remembering the days when you used to laugh at the people that had to buy "it" on release day (full retail). But now....

Remembering the days when you used to laugh at the people that had to buy "it" on release day (full retail). But now....
Back in my grandparents' day, when GPUs were affordable.

Anyone have estimates on lines, times, and inventory? Think I'd have a shot at showing up an hour before tickets get handed out?

View attachment 362157
And only the SF store has it. That is the farthest store from me, and I bet there are people camping outside already.

And only the SF store has it. That is the farthest store from me, and I bet there are people camping outside already.
Overhead: "Paid a homeless guy $200 for use of his tent."

(Ok, that was probably evil in so many ways. It will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you mad all at the same time.)

Think they'll have any 3080 stock as well?

Separately, I have some real difficulty thinking of how certain locations were chosen over others.

What's the reason for keeping inventory numbers secret? There's going to be a lot of pissed off campers when they don't get a ticket.

nearest one is a half hour from me and in a location where I have several clients and plenty of decent restaurants. Might take a drive and see if I get lucky.

What's the reason for keeping inventory numbers secret? There's going to be a lot of pissed off campers when they don't get a ticket.
Good, I hope they spent all day since the announcement hyping each other up about how much $ they're gonna make.

From the discord channel of one of the automated price/availability trackers, the report is 40-60 cards tops per physical Best Buy location. There was also video posted for some locations, and it looks like a line wrapping around the store for the Best Buy nearest me, with the sun high enough in the sky that the line was of that length by mid-afternoon.

one location in San Diego, one location in Orange County and one location for LA. so for the entire SoCal region, you have 3 stores, with maybe 200 cards to hand out in total? what a shitty time we live in

In New England we have South Portland Maine, Nashua NH, Holyoke Mass (rural western mass near UMass-Amherst), Waterford CT. Nashua store being on the border of Mass already had 55 in line at 10pm, source says around 60 cards at that store. Holyoke & Watertford stores announced shipment is late, vouchers will be given out, must be redeemed in 48 hrs.

sam

Thanks OP. I'm working nights so as soon as I get off work I can stop by and see if I have any luck.

[Edit:] Nevermind, looks like already more people in line that cards.

I am about to swing by my Best Buy later since its on the list and see if there is a line. If so then I will just come on back and go to bed. If not then I guess I will wait it out by watching some netflix and prime...

I am about to swing by my Best Buy later since its on the list and see if there is a line. If so then I will just come on back and go to bed. If not then I guess I will wait it out by watching some netflix and prime...
Post pics.
Better yet walk around the line with a baseball bat muttering about "in this thing we have to have trust".

Yeah really strange how it skipped many of the large cities.

Yeah I have 4 stores in my area of chicago, but they decide to have it out in the farmlands of corn. Seems to make no sense how they picked these stores...
Probably because they have so few cards they skipped big cities. U of I is in Champaign so I am sure there will be a line.

5000 cards nation wide for consumers. What a scam.

It’s as if they’re telling gamers “Just go buy a PlayStation.”

I really and truly hope Intel doesn’t screw up their GPUs.

that's not bad. Lot of people saying stores have 60+ cards.
Well supposedly they have 40 to 60 cards here. Worst case is there's a guy at the front of the line that said he'll sell me his Asus Tuf 3080 for $1,100 if I'm not able to get a 3080 TI today. $1,100 is what he paid at microcenter plus he had to drive four hour round trip to get that card a few months ago.

The Cambridge MA MC Discord is keeping a running list of the line at the MC & NE BB stores, this is what is currently listed:

Microcenter Cambridge: 80+
Potentially 75 total AIB models available. There will be no FE release at MC.
Last Updated 6:54am

Best Buy Holyoke: 100+
Manager confirmed 47 cards total available for this launch
Last Updated: 6:50am

Best Buy Nashua: 100+
Confirmed 62 cards total available for this launch

Best Buy Waterford: 100+
Stock delivery is late, vouchers will be given at 7:30AM and stock to be picked up later
Note the highest amount in stock of any store that's "leaked" is 64 so probably advised not to go here now

Best Buy South Portland: 60+
Allegedly 62 cards will be available
Last Updated 6:35am

Please note some info may be out of date depending when last message to update this post was sent.

sam

Back