3080 Review Date and 3070 Release Date

stinger608

Supreme [H]ardness
A staff member at the Nvidia forums has just released information regarding the dates that the 3080 review will be available as well as the release date for the 3070.

Hey everyone - two updates for you today.

First, GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition reviews (and all related technologies and games) will be on September 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.

Get ready for benchmarks!

Second, we’re excited to announce that the GeForce RTX 3070 will be available on October 15th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.

The 3070 is reported to be faster than the current 2080Ti and starts at $499 USD.

This should be an exiting time for gamer's and enthusiasts.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-rAX8FoxhO.RUWPqox4YEww

I HAVE BEEN TO THE FUTURE....HEAR ME!
REVIEW SUMMARY: It's fucking fast! You wantz!
EXPECTED FORUM BACKLASH: No No Big Navi Will be ALMOST AS GOOD and be $50 Cheaper!
EXPECTED FORUM BACKLASH TO THE BACKLASH: AMD IZ GH3Y! LOW FRAMEZZZ! 800 WATTZ!
...also it's going to be 00S until January :(

Also it's Kanye 2020 in a surprise move none of us see coming yet...

And what where they going to do to curb traders and bitcoin miners? How are they ensuring that everyone will get a chance to get one?

Nvidia has been reported as planning to artificially limit availability to intentionally drive prices up way above their "MSRP" which only exists to make it look like they're trying to be the good guys by "not jacking prices even higher".

Reviews before sales? How many of those sites will edit the actual prices

Did everyone suddenly forget that Nvidia used "coin"-"processing" to justify other forms of fraud?

It's plain as day: they're anti-capitalist cronies who will spin things (including the heat their watt-sucking GPUs will make on to AMD CPUs to make themselves look better) in order to manipulate those who can't think critically.

...and those people will pay what Nvidia wants them to because those seven frames are apparently more important than what is going on in real life.

And what where they going to do to curb traders and bitcoin miners? How are they ensuring that everyone will get a chance to get one?

Oh nothing! That will help increase prices even more. It's a win win for Nvidia.

To be fair, stores have done a much better job than in years past at how they handle returns...because that is the only way you stop scalping, preventing mass returns when you can't sell your stuff on Ebay for enough profit to justify the effort.

Probably.

Grabbed the following from a thread over at FPS Review

On another note, here is an interesting read about Nvidia and what's to be expected:

https://www.mooreslawisdead.com/post/nvidia-s-ultimate-play

What utter nonsense. Let's not forget that this dude was wrong on damn near everything he claimed about Ampere. Also, new cards ALWAYS have supply problems early on. Why is this dumbass pretending this is anything new? Why are we acting like this is some grand conspiracy? Nvidia doesn't make more money when AIBs sell at higher prices, they don't look better when their cards are impossible to find and go for insane prices, they don't benefit from every tech reviewer making updated articles/videos telling people not to buy cards because the prices have skyrocketed, and so on. If any of this was true, by the time RDNA2 was out reviewers would be lambasting the tactic and telling people NOT to buy Ampere cards in their RDNA2 reviews.

What utter nonsense. Let's not forget that this dude was wrong on damn near everything he claimed about Ampere. Also, new cards ALWAYS have supply problems early on. Why is this dumbass pretending this is anything new? Why are we acting like this is some grand conspiracy? Nvidia doesn't make more money when AIBs sell at higher prices, they don't look better when their cards are impossible to find and go for insane prices, they don't benefit from every tech reviewer making updated articles/videos telling people not to buy cards because the prices have skyrocketed, and so on. If any of this was true, by the time RDNA2 was out reviewers would be lambasting the tactic and telling people NOT to buy Ampere cards in their RDNA2 reviews.

Nvidia doesn't make more when AIB sell that is true. But Nvidia gets their margins upfront that they want in BOM and easier way to get their margins up front and AIBs can charge whatever they like. Everything else I won't argue and it could be true or not.

Nvidia doesn't make more when AIB sell that is true. But Nvidia gets their margins upfront that they want in BOM and easier way to get their margins up front and AIBs can charge whatever they like. Everything else I won't argue and it could be true or not.

Nvidia's moves these last few generations seem to speak more towards them trying to compete with AIBs and not rely on AIBs for profit. This wild conspiracy theory would be entirely against what seems to be their goals.

Nvidia's moves these last few generations seem to speak more towards them trying to compete with AIBs and not rely on AIBs for profit. This wild conspiracy theory would be entirely against what seems to be their goals.

Well. It may seem that way. I really don’t think nvidia is trying to compete with AIBs. AIBs bring a lot of business to nvidia and I am sure AIB sell much much more than nvidia cards.

So how long until AIB cards become available? Same day or a few days after official launch?

Nvidia has been reported as planning to artificially limit availability to intentionally drive prices up way above their "MSRP" which only exists to make it look like they're trying to be the good guys by "not jacking prices even higher".

Did everyone suddenly forget that Nvidia used "coin"-"processing" to justify other forms of fraud?

It's plain as day: they're anti-capitalist cronies who will spin things (including the heat their watt-sucking GPUs will make on to AMD CPUs to make themselves look better) in order to manipulate those who can't think critically.

...and those people will pay what Nvidia wants them to because those seven frames are apparently more important than what is going on in real life.
Show us on the doll where Jensen touched you...

You going in early?

I'll be waiting for a 3070 AIB. Just wondering how long we can expect these to start trickling out. If launch day then great, want to see all the coolers and how they perform.

Reactions: Auer
like this
Can’t wait for the 3070. Thing looks like it’ll be a beast at a reasonable price.

like this

That is not how it works. If stores jack up the price Nvidia nor the AiB will not make more money. Nvidia didn't jack up the prices on their site when the mining craze was going off.

Last edited:
That is not how it works. If stores jack up the price Nvidia nor the AiB will make more money. Nvidia didn't jack up the prices on their site when the mining craze was going off.
You do not understand how the entire channel system works.

I feel lucky, that I sold my 1080Ti fast as fuck once this was announced and ended up with a free RX 580 8GB.
that will tide me over until there is supply of the 3080's or AMD will have released their competitor
So....its all good for me

Wait what were we talking about again?...me? yea though so.

I hear there will be unexpected benefits to using the new NV cards in CP2077, particularly if you go the corpo route. Turns out CP2077 is another simulated reality the NWO is beta testing for us meat sacks. I personally wouldn't want to be caught running an AMD card when the ball drops on December 31st, 2020.

like this
Back