3070 - sell, keep, or mine?

Gabe3

2[H]4U
I got a evga 3070 from bestbuy for $680. I could sell it for $200-300 profit. Or keep it for future games like BF2042 cause my 2070 super might struggle. My super has 1 year of warranty left so I'm leaning toward keeping it cause BF2042 will probably have dlss. Another option is to mine on it, I would need to get a second pc cause my main is too noisy to have on during the night. I could get a used desktop for probably around $100 I'm thinking? it just need to be able to fit the card, the specs shouldn't matter?

I got a evga 3070 from bestbuy for $680. I could sell it for $200-300 profit. Or keep it for future games like BF2042 cause my 2070 super might struggle. My super has 1 year of warranty left so I'm leaning toward keeping it cause BF2042 will probably have dlss. Another option is to mine on it, I would need to get a second pc cause my main is too noisy to have on during the night. I could get a used desktop for probably around $100 I'm thinking? it just need to be able to fit the card, the specs shouldn't matter?
Not enough money to sell it and deal with the headache. If you don’t want the particular mode just keep it and start an evga step up to what you want. You’ll have the card to use while you wait. And if you want to mine with it in the meantime, just remember that ethereum 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Not enough money to sell it and deal with the headache. If you don’t want the particular mode just keep it and start an evga step up to what you want. You’ll have the card to use while you wait. And if you want to mine with it in the meantime, just remember that ethereum 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀
I've sold alot of stuff online I don't think it would be much headache. I forgot about the evga step up. according to this https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator/nvidia-rtx-3070 they say it makes $106 a month. I know nothing about mining.

If it's FHR, hold on to it, will likely go up in next few months and you can mine and make arnd $4/day waiting, win-win.

I would not anticipate an 8 gig video card being all that spectacular for some upcoming next-gen games.

seems like new -KL evga cards are all LHR cards if im not correct?

notice some of my notifies have changed prefix to -KL

Negative, just going through a minor speed bump. Take it from someone who laughed off BTC in 2011 and lived to regret it...
The situation now is rather different.
The world has become wise to the problems tracking what happens with the money, and how hard it can be getting hold of illicit crypto funds.
Also there are greater concerns about how much power is used to generate coins when wasted grid energy is a serious issue, and the increase in illegal activity as a result of both.
The situation isnt going to improve.

The situation now is rather different.
The world has become wise to the problems tracking what happens with the money, and how hard it can be getting hold of illicit crypto funds.
Also there are greater concerns about how much power is used to generate coins when wasted grid energy is a serious issue, and the increase in illegal activity as a result of both.
And yet nothing will change, except crypto going up long term esp as fiat currency gets massively devalued...

Negative, just going through a minor speed bump. Take it from someone who laughed off BTC in 2011 and lived to regret it...
When it crashed the last time I thought it would come back but never to the point it has. It's pretty evident though that the space has a lot of room for maturity when you have garbage like dogecoin worth many billions vs. other projects that seem to have more utility.

Playing devil's advocate sort of here, there are many people who are just fine sacrificing privacy and welcoming government control with open arms in order to feel more secure and make it easier to track criminals. They have a lot of trust in government authority. The same people are up in arms over the baloney about energy consumption too. It might take off again, I've given up trying to predict it. Nenu could also just as easily be right and it might pancake straight into the ground and never recover. Bottom line, who really knows at this point.

If I were the OP I'd keep the 3070, mine with it, and use it for games when I wasn't mining with it. Sell the 2070.

Mining is going down the pan, dont waste your card with that.
The worlds largest coin exchange was just banned in the UK.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/m...nge-Binance-banned-UK-financial-watchdog.html
China recently gave it a big thumbs down as well.
Expect larger falls in value.

Crypto isn't a currency solution, it's a religion. The government will not succeed in shutting down this religion when the faithful interpret everything that happens as potentially bullish. It will shake leverage out of the system, until the next bull craze hits in a few years and we can't buy GPUs again.

2070 Super to 3070 isn't very big of a jump. But you can probably sell the 2070 Super for the price of a 3070 or right about. I'd do that and take a $50-100 3070 upgrade. It will retain its value more in the long run.

Back