3060 Ti LHR Shipping with Hynix Memory - Further Reduced Performance

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Just a heads up that 3060 Ti LHR models are shipping with Hynix memory as a possible option which appears to further limit performance on Ergo. This is besides the normal LHR effect on Ergo you might run into if you happen to push the card too hard or limit power too much.

I decided to gamble on an MSI Ventus 3x 3060 Ti LHR as I had a chance to pick one up for MSRP and it came with Hynix:

3060ti.PNG

Instead of the 150-160 Mh/s a normal 3060 Ti would get, this card hashes at 130 Mh/s in line with others from the following post:

https://www.ergoforum.org/t/low-hashrate-on-3060-ti-lhr/1906

Not terrible but another thing to consider when buying these. From what I have seen Raven isn't affected but I don't mine that at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah, my new EVGA 3060Ti XC GAMING has Hynix and suffers from this issue. Sometimes it triggers LHR and drops down to around 70 Mh/s. I switched it over to Raven.

Just a heads up that 3060 Ti LHR models are shipping with Hynix memory as a possible option which appears to further limit performance on Ergo. This is besides the normal LHR effect on Ergo you might run into if you happen to push the card too hard or limit power too much.

I decided to gamble on a 3060 Ti LHR as I had a chance to pick one up for MSRP and it came with Hynix:

View attachment 388003

Instead of the 150-160 Mh/s a normal 3060 Ti would get, this card hashes at 130 Mh/s in line with others from the following post:

Not terrible but another thing to consider when buying these. From what I have seen Raven isn't affected but I don't mine that at the moment.
which brand/model did you buy that had this hynix? I just got some zotac 3060 TIs and MSI 3060 TI, but haven't tried them yet.

Can confirm the ventus 2x model also has hynix. Performance doesn't seem affected in ravencoin but the cooler is marginal.

Can confirm the ventus 2x model also has hynix. Performance doesn't seem affected in ravencoin but the cooler is marginal.
I was surprised with how light the 3x feels, I wasn't sure how well it would cool but so far it's working fine.

I decided to gamble on an MSI Ventus 3x 3060 Ti LHR as I had a chance to pick one up for MSRP and it came with Hynix:

View attachment 388003

Hey. Came across your post. Was wondering if it is the MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 3X 8G OC LHR card that you have? Cause I have one those cards coming in and I’m trying to figure out if it will have that same problem also.

Hey. Came across your post. Was wondering if it is the MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 3X 8G OC LHR card that you have? Cause I have one those cards coming in and I’m trying to figure out if it will have that same problem also.
Sounds the same. I have the 3 fan version with the single 8 pin connector.

Back