300Mbps + 300Mbps

YoMoma

Limp Gawd
Is this just a gimmick or is there really a difference between routers that are advertised at 300Mbps vs the 300Mbps + 300Mbps dual channel routers?
You still only have so much bandwidth to work with.
My cable modem internet speed is 5 Mbps down and 1 Mbps upload.
Would the 300Mbps + 300Mbps routers be any better for me?
I have 3 users on my network with 3 pc`s and 4 Idevices that can b e used at anytime.

300 + 300 means it can do 300 on 2.4ghz and 300 on 5ghz. so you can still only connect at 300 (either on 2.4 or 5).

at 5 and 1 you wont max out the routers bandwidth surfing the internet. if you have devices that can use the 5ghz band get it. if you dont, youll have to upgrade you wlan cards to use that band. as far as i know, all idevices only use the 2.4 band.

Not a gimmick... but a huge play on marketing really. Kind of sucks in less savy users who think it will be faster when in fact it wont but the marketing is legit.

I am looking to upgrade soon to Wireless AC as soon as Killer or Intel releases a NIC for my laptop and an access port that supports 802.1q

Just keep in mind regardless of your Internet speed you'll want fast transfer speeds between devices on your network.

Back