3007wfp vs 3007wfp-hc vs wait (3008wfp)

datacollector

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a 30" display (no real gaming or entertainment will be done on it)... so I am wondering, when is this new display is going to be released.. and is it worth waiting for? The max I was willing to spend was $1.3k shipped with 3yr warranty (from ebay) for the wfp-hc.. but then I saw that the non hc is now going for around $800... so now I'm considering what is worth it and what isnt.

I should note that I would probably only wait so the new old displays could go down on price.... which seems to not really happen to often with LCDs (unless they are "TV monitors")

Well if your just going to use the monitor for general PC usage then the current 3007 (none HC panel) will do you fine, however if you want to run other stuff on it at all then wait for the 3008 (also if you really picky on picture quality).

Hard to tell - the 3007 for $800 sounds pretty good, and it is a proven model. I have the 3007wfp-hc and have been happy with it. I'm not so sure that I would be excited about getting the first of anything lcd-wise from Dell (ie the 3008). They don't have a great track record of getting things right the first Rev. The other thing to consider is that there is a great chance the 3008 won't be an IPS panel, which are much nicer to view in general.

So the other factor I would have to consider is when this will be available.... anyone know.. estimated release date?

Right now I was trying to decide between non-hc... because I read that the HC version had much better colors ... but what else is good about it (besides the HDMI)

EDIT: Right now I can get the Apple 30" HD Cinema for $1.3k shipped but used and only insured for 3 months.. vs the 3007wfp-hc new w/ 3yr insurance for $1.32k.

No release date at the moment AFAIK. Most likely the new 3008WFP will be as expensive as the Gateway XHD3000. Which is around $1700. So it's up to you if you want to wait, otherwise you will probably have to stick with one of the current 30" models. For gaming you will need some beefier cards to run the games at the monitors native resolution.

Anyone know if the 3008WFP have the same upscaler like the XHD3000?

dell was just running a special on the HC 2 weeks ago. $1161 for it, i would wait for it to come around again, which it should as the holidays are weeks away.

Thats too bad, I wish I had seen that.

So it seems that the dell is the best 30" out there right now...

In what way is the HP L3065 better than the Dell 3007WFP-HC? Are you talking image quality-wise?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.. I couldn't really find any reviews, all I found were speculations of how the dell and the hp used the exact same panel...

Also, is it a really bad idea to buy a refurbished monitor?

Don't forget the HP LP3065. Much better than the 3007-HC

VA based though, whats the point if 20-40% of your screen has a completly different contrast and has no black detail.

Its bad enough on the 24" let alone anything bigger it just makes the problem worse, need I mention the input lag aswell?

Whats the difference in the hc version? I have no idea I'm looking to buy one for poker and dont game is non hc ok for me?

And where do you find them for 800 dollars?

thanks

I replied to your pm... anyway if you mean online poker maybe it might be good to consider getting dual 24"s since they might be better suited for your needs. Also you might be able to save some money.

VA based though, whats the point if 20-40% of your screen has a completly different contrast and has no black detail.

Its bad enough on the 24" let alone anything bigger it just makes the problem worse, need I mention the input lag aswell?

Are you thinking of a different monitor? The HP is IPS...

So the other factor I would have to consider is when this will be available.... anyone know.. estimated release date?

Release date: not sure about "public" date, but it is already available to Dell Premiere clients via sales people, not the web.

Release date: not sure about "public" date, but it is already available to Dell Premiere clients via sales people, not the web.

I was thinking march/april availability since dell seem to anounce new generations then?
Apple is updating in January so it would make sence for Q1 2008, plus the LG 30" in march/april.

Things are heating up in the 30" space, I expect price drops as more manufacturers go 30" however IPS will still demand a premiem regardless.

Hmmm.... isn't the 2408 a TN? Maybe the 30" will be a cheaper alternative to the IPS 3007, which will stick around for a bit.

I was thinking march/april availability since dell seem to anounce new generations then?
Apple is updating in January so it would make sence for Q1 2008, plus the LG 30" in march/april.

Things are heating up in the 30" space, I expect price drops as more manufacturers go 30" however IPS will still demand a premiem regardless.

I hope Apple refreshes there monitors in January. I've been waiting to see what they do.

Back