300 JEDI vs 60.000 FOOTMEN - Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
If nothing else, "Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator," sounds pretty damn cool. Don't know about you, but it might help if the footmen attacked from behind. Still fun to watch. The real action starts at 2:25.

Check out the video.

I don't even get what's going on in that "simulator" so Jedi are invincible? Because definitely saw plenty of sword slashes and heard the sounds, but oh wait I guess they got hit points!

I would shell out my $16 for this game on Steam if they bodies had dimension. I mean I want to see folks crawling over ever increase mounds of bodies. Sure.. a little tricky with the code, but they came this far.

Sure it's no Massive Software with AI.. but what is?

Watched dozens of these videos by now and they're more or less the same. The AI always takes the most direct path to the nearest enemy troop, which usually means running into a wall and sliding about until they get into range. Then when that happens it seems like combat is a function of DPS with 100% hit rate vs how much HP the defender has (basically two competing pinatas). Doesn't appear to be anything like chance, or armor, morale, etc.

That said... I'd like to see a battle of 1000 vegans vs. 1000 lesbians. Who'd win?

Last edited:
There are so many things wrong with that simulator...

Jedi - 1 hit = dead.
Soldier - hits jedi over and over but jedi never dies? c'mon!

How many battles have you seen where only a front line is fighting and the rest are standing around in the back with their thumbs up their asses? A real battle with onside outnumbered by has those guys at back going around and cornholing their enemy!

Methinks that simulator needs a LOT more work. ;)

Yea, and never mind the pools of blood coming off that jedi. The jedi attack would not be a timed attack with it being force push and one sabre swing, then wait for a cool down. They'd have like a force push, then about 50 swings with no breaks, another force power, etc. But they'd be overwhelmed by sheer number.

They OP'd the Jedi not long after the original trilogy. This is not out of line with current cannon.

why does the jedi look a lot bigger compared to the knights? shouldnt knights in armor be bigger ?

flawless-victory.jpg

bodies flying backwards because.... reasons? mirrors my aggravation at fight scenes were bad guys wait their turn to get their asses beat.. wut?

bodies flying backwards because.... reasons? mirrors my aggravation at fight scenes were bad guys wait their turn to get their asses beat.. wut?

Yeah they were all standing in line waiting to be killed. Um, how about flanking or a pincer move? Jedi's aren't gods, they would eventually get tired and be overcome by 200x1 odds. Or more likely they wouldn't fight at all and and just force push people out of the way or evade.

There was a screensaver a long time ago called Space Battles from savagescreen.com (dead now) There were Star Trek, Star Wars, and Babylon 5 plugins for it. I remember some of these epic battles. Horrible frame rate as you included more ships, but still...
Nowhere have I seen a Star Trek v. Star Wars as good as this screen saver. 50 USS Defiants vs. 1 super star destroyer

They OP'd the Jedi not long after the original trilogy. This is not out of line with current cannon.
Jedi and Sith were obscenely powerful in the old Legends continuity. They have dialed things back quite a bit from the old books and old comics with this new canon. Darth Nihilus from KOTOR 2 could devour the life force of entire planets. In one 1990's comic, a reincarnated Emperor conjured a storm large enough to swallow an entire solar system and Luke Skywalker killed him by turning that same storm against him.

Last edited:
I ran a battle with an author at a Con once that pitted a Medieval Castle vs a Nazi Tank battalion.

~50 tanks and a shitload of troops and explosives. :)

Never underestimate several Wizards with Wands of Fire, Lightning and Cold.

It was a bloodbath; the Nazis died horribly. On Fire,as it were, lol.

Watched dozens of these videos by now and they're more or less the same. The AI always takes the most direct path to the nearest enemy troop, which usually means running into a wall and sliding about until they get into range. Then when that happens it seems like combat is a function of DPS with 100% hit rate vs how much HP the defender has (basically two competing pinatas). Doesn't appear to be anything like chance, or armor, morale, etc.

That said... I'd like to see a battle of 1000 vegans vs. 1000 lesbians. Who'd win?

Lesbians will be attacking the vegans with cucumbers and buttered corn on the cob, vegans will have no clue whether they are being attacked or being served.

Back