$300 HELP by 7:00pm PST 11/21 *PURCHASE?*

SHiZNiLTi

Gawd
Hello [H],

I need advise if I should by this PC on craigslist.Just talked to the guy on the phone and he is hurt for money and needs to pay a doctor bill which is why he is selling.

$300 for everything...
Antec 900
Intel E6600
150gb WD Raptor
3GB Corsair XMS DDR2
Asus (forgot model he said) PCI-E 16x non SLI
Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb
Antec 650watt
DVD/RW Sata
Clean install Vista

In order to buy it I would have to sell my Mossberg 500 12ga. short barrol shotty to a co worker for $200. I really like this gun, but do I really need it I have to ask myself.

Compare the $300 pc package above to the one in my sig. Think I should do it. Also with haveing (2) pc's I would have a nice lil LAN setup for when friends come over.

Too cheap, I'd get it just to flip it. You'll want to do some thorough tests on it to see if it's not borked.

Yes, I already made sure with him over the phone that it was ok if I could come over to his house and run 3dmark06. You would think that if it can make it through a 3dmark06 it should be stable right? Do you think something is too shady here. He wanted $400 for it at 1st, but that included a 19" widescreen and some z2300's. I told him I didn't need the monitor or speakers so he took $100 off.

Think something is still shady? If he is trying to pull a jack move on me I'm not gonna have my shotty with because I'm gonna sell it in 2hrs to my co worker lol. jk Im sure he isnt trying anything shady like that if he is allowing me into his house.

more opinions please...

I say yes provided that you can do some basic tests on it:
- Prime 95, Orthos or OCCT to stress test the CPU
- Furmark or ATI Tool to stress test the GPU
- HDTune to stress test the hard drive
- Memtest to test the RAM
- Drive Fitness Test to test the hard drive

5 tests? I'm not sure what type of time frame this guy is on.

ATI Tool is fuzzy ball right. How long should I let it run for?

How long does memtest take I've never ran it before.

What about Prime 95 how long should I let that go?

Which HD test should I use and how long do they take?

thanks!

Well if you're in a time crunch, you can always drop the hard drive and RAM tests. If there are problems with the RAM and hard drive, you can always RMA the Corsair RAM and WD hard drive back since neither of those companies require a reciept for warranty. So that's two tests then: Prime 95 and ATI Tool. Let both run for 20 minutes.

Though if the 9800GT is XFX branded, don't bother with the video card test. XFX has double lifetime warranty so you can always just RMA the video card without involving the original buyer's intervention or receipt.

Ok well it's almost 4:30 here in AZ. I'm gonna call the guy at 5:00 to meet up. I hope this deal works out.

It seems too good to be true ?!?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1033349876 said:
It seems too good to be true ?!?

It does but it's worth a try. At the very least, you'll get working RAM, hard drive, and possibly PSU. Maybe the video card if it's XFX. Just make sure that you get a copy of all the receipts and/or invoice.

People are desparate for money these days and I not surprised that people would do this.

Only thing I can add is don't forget the vista authentication card incase you reinstall

Even if a couple components are screwed, as long as most of them are ok, you still got an amazing deal. You can just replace the bad parts with good ones. Just make sure that MOST of the components are good to go.

Why in fucks name would you need a shotgun?
And why do you think it looks cool in your car?
And if you're selling it to a friend, does he have a license for it?
Jeez man, I couldn't care less about that PC with all those questions buzzing in my head.

^- When did the OP say anything about looking cool or having it in his car?

Comprehension or GTFO troll.

Back