Yz388

Limp Gawd
My system now
p4 3.0 @3.2
(2) 512 pc3200
Asus P4S800-MX
6800GT
Maxtor 120 gig 7200rpm

Im looking to upgrade my system now that i have around 300 bucks. i will be getting more soon (probably around another 200-300)

I would like to know what I should upgrade. Is it worth getting rid of the motherboard and processor and say getting an amd. I know absoulty nothing about amd, as I have always run intel in all my systems.

So please enlighten me, what should I get/replace that will stay in my price range.

Keep in mind, this is mainly for BF2. I do all my vid editing on my laptop.

Thank you guys, i apprechiate it

(Will be ordering everything from Newegg)

I'd definitly say a AMD64 3200+ and some decent new mobo. If you can get a bit more money, could spring for something like a 3500+ Venice with a nice mobo to boot for I'd say 450$ish?

n64man120 said:
I'd definitly say a AMD64 3200+ and some decent new mobo. If you can get a bit more money, could spring for something like a 3500+ Venice with a nice mobo to boot for I'd say 450$ish?

I concur :p

Awesome, I have heard alot about the (correct me if im wrong) DFI lanparty mobo?

Whats all the hype about this? I checked on newegg, and there are many different versions. Would this be somthing i should be looking into?

Can someone also explain the whole nforce 3. Some motherboards are 3, some 2. Like I said, I do not know much about that. I would like to become a little more educated on the subject, to help with my decision.

I should be able to get total around 600. As of now I have 300, thats what the title is what it is.

Thanks again, and please keep the opinions coming. I apprechiate it.

Yz388 said:
Awesome, I have heard alot about the (correct me if im wrong) DFI lanparty mobo?

Whats all the hype about this? I checked on newegg, and there are many different versions. Would this be somthing i should be looking into?

Can someone also explain the whole nforce 3. Some motherboards are 3, some 2. Like I said, I do not know much about that. I would like to become a little more educated on the subject, to help with my decision.

I should be able to get total around 600. As of now I have 300, thats what the title is what it is.

Thanks again, and please keep the opinions coming. I apprechiate it.

nForce 2 = AGP, Socket A (462), for Athlon XP's
nForce 3 = AGP, Socket 754 + Socket 939, for Athlon 64's
nForce 4 = PCI-Express, Socket 754 + Socket 939, for Athlon 64's and X2's as well as some opterons

ScHpAnKy said:
nForce 2 = AGP, Socket A (462), for Athlon XP's
nForce 3 = AGP, Socket 754 + Socket 939, for Athlon 64's
nForce 4 = PCI-Express, Socket 754 + Socket 939, for Athlon 64's and X2's as well as some opterons
NF3 supports X2's, as well as opterons. it is featured on some tyan boards.

Also, if you're interested in that dfi, check the hotdeals section. Newegg has one refurb'd for 86$(including shipping) atm. I wouldn't think you'd need an upgrade, but if you want one, an amd mobo/cpu is a pretty good choice.

n64man120 said:

Yes, go AMD!

Back