$300 BFG GTS512!

Suppose if I bite on this great deal, would Crysis run great using Core2Duo 6300 & 2x1GB powered by BFG 650w PSU??

Suppose if I bite on this great deal, would Crysis run great using Core2Duo 6300 & 2x1GB powered by BFG 650w PSU??

overclocked? It run good on high with a couple thigns set to med with the system in my sig. Once I overclocked the card it ran even better. Mostly it depends on what resolution your trying to play at. I beat the game with settings I mentioned running 1920x1080. So why am I buying this? I dunno lol.

So I am willing to bet that over half of the people who ordered one are did not get shafted on the 8800GT deal from Dell????

I doubt Kyle of BFG really care though or they wouldn't have set it up as they did. (They obviously knew it would get posted on sites like slickdeals.com

Unfortunately there's no way to approve or disapprove the coupon codes.

It's a great way for BFG to sell 500 cards in a couple of days though :D $150,000 coming in...

Don't check Hardforums for one day and this is what I get. Guess I will still wait for the Dell deal. I have a full pc just waiting for the video card. =/

Really appreciate you doing this for the community though. Thanks. =)

Just wanted to say thanks to [H] for making this happen. I managed to get in on the deal before it hit slickdeals etc. I was one of those who ordered the MSI card from Dell. I have owned several BFG cards and have never had any issues with them so I was pleased to see them step forward with this deal.

After getting the shaft from Dell on 2 8800GT's (thanks Dell, ya putzes), I jumped on this deal. As soon as I had placed my order, I looked around the net and noticed some putz posted the deal to SD and to AT, probably to a pile of other sites too. I can assure you that if THEY had gone the extra mile like Kyle & Co. did, they would be pretty pissed off if their deal landed on all the other sites within 5 minutes. I hope they keep that in mind. Karma -- it's a bitch lol!

Didn't take BFG long to hit my card either. :D

hey guys,

I tried to order last night and was declined saying there was an AVS mismatch on my card

I tried again, and it was declined again. WTF? I logged into my credit card account, and it showed that there was suspicious activity and to call them.

Called my credit card company, and they said that there were 2 authorizations from BFG - the first one went through, the 2nd was declined, after which my credit card company put a hold on my card thinking someone was trying to use my card fraudulently. fair enough.

I told them that I authorized both charges and to keep 1 of them on (the first one) and I'd deal with BFG in the morning.

In the meantime, I called BFG's customer service to see what was going on. After 20 minutes of "we'll be with you shortly," I hung up. They obviously were closed for the day - wish the message would've reflected that.

Went to the site again and ordered with a DIFFERENT credit card, went very slow so as to not mess anything up, and it was declined saying the card number was invalid. huh? Tried again - same problem, at which point I emailed their customer service and told them the problem and went to bed.

Just called BFG right now and explained my problem and told her about this $100 off deal (that she had no idea about), and she says "yeah I see that someone even ordered 10 cards and got $1000 off. She showed the 4 declined transactions that I had, and I asked her if I could order one right now with the same credit card(s) from last night at that price, because there was obviously a mistake. She put me on hold, talked to her manager, and they said no because they already were only alloted 500 cards. After explaining that the credit card should not have been declined and offering to show her by ordering one right then and there with the same declined credit card, she still wouldn't do it.

That's just bad customer service right there, and poor cart coding. I mean who is able to use a $100 coupon more than once, especially since this is supposed to be for the Dell people (myself) who will probably never see the 8800GT deal? And where's this awesome customer service that BFG has? That just sucks.

Considering how many people's credit cards worked, I'd have to assume the problem is on your end with the denied cards...
Tough luck :(
I hope if that 10 cards thing is true, they canceled 9 of them >.< and any similar situations where people are clearly exploiting the nice gesture.

you would think that would be the case, and certainly BFG sees it as such, but the reality is that there was nothing wrong with either card.

I just called the credit card company (the first and second transaction), and they've confirmed that the first transaction actually went through and will post to my account in a couple of days, at which point I'll have BFG contact the credit company for proof of the transaction.

With the 2nd credit card, they (my credit card company) doesn't even show any attempts at an authorization - so it was clearly the site being hammered and throwing false declines. :(

I had trouble putting it on my discover as well, so I just used my visa debit card. It just kept saying invalid card, when I use it constantly. I prefer to put things on my CC just in case, but buying from the actual manufacturer is pretty safe.

Anyway, my order shipped! I chose ground since I'm in NJ and they're in IL. It only takes 2 days for most of IL and 3 days for the very southern areas.

Same. I just got my confirmation. If I had known it was going to ship before Friday I would have done the 2 day shipping so I could have tried it out before I go on vacation on the 26th. Oh well.:mad:

I wouldn't worry too much if you didn't get one, ZZF had one for 319.99 after $20 rebate a few days ago and I believe it came with a game. If you can wait a couple weeks I bet these will pretty much all be 300 or less after the Christmas rush. And 8800GT's will probably fall back down to 225-250. It is always like this around Christmas time...

It was a very nice gesture for [H] and BFG to do this right before Chrsitmas though, Cheers to them!

Anyway, my order shipped! I chose ground since I'm in NJ and they're in IL. It only takes 2 days for most of IL and 3 days for the very southern areas.

Nice what time did you order? Mine is still pending.

hey guys,

I tried to order last night and was declined saying there was an AVS mismatch on my card

I tried again, and it was declined again. WTF? I logged into my credit card account, and it showed that there was suspicious activity and to call them.

Called my credit card company, and they said that there were 2 authorizations from BFG - the first one went through, the 2nd was declined, after which my credit card company put a hold on my card thinking someone was trying to use my card fraudulently. fair enough.

I told them that I authorized both charges and to keep 1 of them on (the first one) and I'd deal with BFG in the morning.

In the meantime, I called BFG's customer service to see what was going on. After 20 minutes of "we'll be with you shortly," I hung up. They obviously were closed for the day - wish the message would've reflected that.

Went to the site again and ordered with a DIFFERENT credit card, went very slow so as to not mess anything up, and it was declined saying the card number was invalid. huh? Tried again - same problem, at which point I emailed their customer service and told them the problem and went to bed.

Just called BFG right now and explained my problem and told her about this $100 off deal (that she had no idea about), and she says "yeah I see that someone even ordered 10 cards and got $1000 off. She showed the 4 declined transactions that I had, and I asked her if I could order one right now with the same credit card(s) from last night at that price, because there was obviously a mistake. She put me on hold, talked to her manager, and they said no because they already were only alloted 500 cards. After explaining that the credit card should not have been declined and offering to show her by ordering one right then and there with the same declined credit card, she still wouldn't do it.

That's just bad customer service right there, and poor cart coding. I mean who is able to use a $100 coupon more than once, especially since this is supposed to be for the Dell people (myself) who will probably never see the 8800GT deal? And where's this awesome customer service that BFG has? That just sucks.

Your problem was brought to the attention of BFGTech CEO and President and it will be taken care of. And for future reference, you can always email me with an issue if you have one. And also, you will catch more flies with honey.....
;)

Damn...I just read this...

I got screwed on the XFX GT model, and really wanted a lifetime warranty but would have seriously considered this deal....

MAJOR props to BFG....

Yeah you gotta love to vultures who try to buy/resell on ebay. WTF man. Someone ordered 10? Come on BFG, limit the use to 1 per person. This deal was to help the people who were unable to get the Dell deal, not help people MAKE MONEY.

Yeah you gotta love to vultures who try to buy/resell on ebay. WTF man. Someone ordered 10? Come on BFG, limit the use to 1 per person. This deal was to help the people who were unable to get the Dell deal, not help people MAKE MONEY.

Ten is over the edge, but I can understand people that honestly ordered two to run in SLI. I think limiting any regular SLI compatible video card to one per person could be seen as bad marketing. With that said, I only ordered one myself.

Thanks again to Kyle and BFG, my card shipped already. 19 hours from ordered to shipped compared to the month of waiting on Dell. :D

And again, thanks Kyle!!

I got confirmation of shipment on mine earlier..I just read a few posts ago that they are located in Illinois..I'm in Indiana and ordered standard ground. I hope mine gets here soon!! Before the weekend would be awesome!

mine shows "pending"
anyone else?

It took 20-22 hours from my order to go from "Pending" to "Shipped" - I don't think you have anything to worry about. When did you order? I ordered around 5:10PM EST yesterday.

I ordered mine today ^^;
Order Placed: December 19, 2007 at 2:45:00 AM PST
11:45PM EST

I ordered mine yesterday and it was shipped in 15 minutes. Checked the tracking and it's already on a truck set to arrive on Christmas Eve. I know what I'm doing for Christmas :cool:

Props to BFG. I'm actually glad my dell order got screwed now. I'm also a firm supporter of BFG, they have a good company/team. I've met with BFG Mike who goes to a lot of sponsored lan parties representing BFG. Having cool company reps like him helps win my business.

Just wanted to thank the [H] Kyle and BFG for this, my orders for both 8800 GT (MSI and XFX) got cancelled on me so this was a nice upgrade/surprise.

Ordered yesterday, shipped today and should arrive Friday

:cool: Thanks :cool:

M@iden

Well, my order says shipped on BFG's site, got the email around noon EST today saying so also.

So, it's 7pm EST and UPS only says "Billing Information Recieved."

Kyle,
Thanks again, for like the umpteenth time. Pending on what I get for my Student Loan Check this semester, I'll be upgrading everything...Ugh, to think I'll have to re-install everything...AGAIN...

=)

Intel, here I possibly come...Might be poppin the Intel cherry! Quad..mmmmmm

we couldnt get any either, apparently our credit is no good at BFG, and the customer service rep was a waste of time.

No, actually he shouldn't. If he's as rude to Kyle as I imagine he is to customer service, he'll just give hardforum members a bad name.

I imagine Kyle has dealt with people before, and I know Kyle doesn't take shit from people. As he shouldn't. Needless to say, if he acts like an ass in an email to Kyle, I'm sure Kyle will handle it accordingly.

Back