$300-$400 pc for coding.

Silent Knight

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I need a budget pc that can do some light coding : C#, asp.net, java, ... Mainly for web development/winform app.

I sometime watch movie on my 4K 50" tv as well. (Will be using that one as monitor)

Can someone suggest me one?

Thanks.

Look at Intel NUCs. There are new Kabylake models coming out in early 2017 that would do the 4K movies and the programming without issue.
Intel Readies New NUCs Based on Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake SoCs

For right now, I'd have to recommend the Skylake NUCs, I loved my Skull Canyon but it's not $400. Closer to $600 but a lot more capable than the others, can do light gaming too if you run them at 720P (FPS games) or 1080P (less intensive titles). It has an IR receiver built in as well. No brainer IMO for your usecase, I'd recommend upping your budget to $600 and getting Skull Canyon. That thing is awesome.

Yeah, pretty much anything would do. Though I'd suggest as minimums an i3 CPU, 8 GB RAM (in a 2x4 GB configuration), and a 250 GB-class SSD.

NUCs are nice but kinda pricy for what you get, IMO. I'd be looking for a micro/mini-tower configuration.

I would suggest just a cheap prebuilt (Dell, HP, Acer) with an i3 or AMD A8-7600 but, I'm not familiar with the output requirements in regard to 4K.

Back