300-400 dollars budget x570 or x570s mainboard advice..

gsxr1000

n00b
hi,

I've crosshair VI hero and having q-code 8 problem with sapphire rx 590 nitro se. I'm searching a new mobo but as I see it's not easy to find reliable and stable x570 mobos.

the best thing is getting users experiances and advices.

what do you suggest for between 300-400 dollars budget?

I'II also upgrade my ryzen 7 1800x to ryzen 7 5800x or 5900x.

thank you.

hi,

I've crosshair VI hero and having q-code 8 problem with sapphire rx 590 nitro se. I'm searching a new mobo but as I see it's not easy to find reliable and stable x570 mobos.

thank you.
I had a I had a 6700k up until about a month ago. Built a new system with a 5900x and the x570 Dark Hero. Was pretty satisfied but after about a week the Dark Hero died and would cause my power supply to trio off immediately after power on. Replaced it with a x570 Tomahawk which I paid about $269 for. Works perfectly now but did require a bios update and big Win10 update after a fresh install. Very happy with this motherboard. Very stable,no problems to date but I did need to put a Gpu support bracket on my 3080ti to get reliable video out. This is probably because of the size and weight of the 3080ti since my old Titan Xp ran without problems so I don’t think it was any problem with the motherboard. I know MSI has a tomahawk Max either out now or coming out but I’m completely satisfied with the regular tomahawk. It’s priced low, has a good power section and everything I want in it. Don’t think you could go wrong with it unless you’re looking for extreme overclocking performance or maybe no chipset fan. Was able to return the Dark Hero for full refund so everything worked out pretty good. The Dark Hero was a bit above your budget but seemed pretty good without problems until it died. Pretty glad I went with the tomahawk though. Saved about $200 over the Dark Hero.

Any of the motherboard in the Gigabye x570 Aorus line above the Elite should be good. The Elite is a budget x570 board and it shows in some places. The Aorus Pro and above are good choices. Just look at the features on the different boards and choose what you want. The Pro and Ultra seem to be mostly identical except the Ultra has a third NVME slot. The Master sitting above those is very popular and is much like the previous two except for some upgrades to onboard audio and a slightly better VRM setup. That said, the VRM setup on the Pro and Ultra are more than sufficient for anything other than maybe extreme overclocking.

I have the Aorus Pro-wifi in my system with a 5800x and it has been working perfectly for me for several months now. If budget hadn't been an issue I probably would have gone with the Aorus Master.

Yeah personally, I don't see a reason to get the Dark Hero, unless you need a ton of USB ports.

I think smarter buys from Asus would be the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming which is very similar, just less USB ports.

or the ASUS ProArt B550-CREATOR. Its B550 so, a few less PCI-E lanes. but if you don't need to max out your PCI-E capability.....this has dual Thunderbolt 4 ports. and you could add an AX210 wifi for about $30.

and if you are cool with B550 and don't want Thunderbolt, the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming is a lot less money and comes with Wifi. This board is also known for particularly low DPC latency.

I've built using an Asus TUF-X570 Pro with a 3900X, Asus Dark Hero and 5900X, and Asus Crosshair VIII Hero and 5800X and all have been rock solid.
Asus has always been my first choice for my personal builds as well as premium builds for other people I build for. Haven't had one fail in the 26 years I've been building PC's.

Any of the motherboard in the Gigabye x570 Aorus line above the Elite should be good. The Elite is a budget x570 board and it shows in some places. The Aorus Pro and above are good choices. Just look at the features on the different boards and choose what you want. The Pro and Ultra seem to be mostly identical except the Ultra has a third NVME slot. The Master sitting above those is very popular and is much like the previous two except for some upgrades to onboard audio and a slightly better VRM setup. That said, the VRM setup on the Pro and Ultra are more than sufficient for anything other than maybe extreme overclocking.

I have the Aorus Pro-wifi in my system with a 5800x and it has been working perfectly for me for several months now. If budget hadn't been an issue I probably would have gone with the Aorus Master.

aorus master x570s looks like a good mobo but I heard that gigabyte is not reliable and stable these days. I don't know if this is true or not?

I had a I had a 6700k up until about a month ago. Built a new system with a 5900x and the x570 Dark Hero. Was pretty satisfied but after about a week the Dark Hero died and would cause my power supply to trio off immediately after power on. Replaced it with a x570 Tomahawk which I paid about $269 for. Works perfectly now but did require a bios update and big Win10 update after a fresh install. Very happy with this motherboard. Very stable,no problems to date but I did need to put a Gpu support bracket on my 3080ti to get reliable video out. This is probably because of the size and weight of the 3080ti since my old Titan Xp ran without problems so I don’t think it was any problem with the motherboard. I know MSI has a tomahawk Max either out now or coming out but I’m completely satisfied with the regular tomahawk. It’s priced low, has a good power section and everything I want in it. Don’t think you could go wrong with it unless you’re looking for extreme overclocking performance or maybe no chipset fan. Was able to return the Dark Hero for full refund so everything worked out pretty good. The Dark Hero was a bit above your budget but seemed pretty good without problems until it died. Pretty glad I went with the tomahawk though. Saved about $200 over the Dark Hero.

I was around rog forum these days because of my CH6 and rx590 conflict and I saw some people suffer from dark hero issues.

I highly suggest the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master. My son's been on the Master for the last year and it's a very stable motherboard. He started off with a 3700X and upgraded to the 5900X running a 3060Ti. No issues and very good VRM's.

aorus master x570s looks like a good mobo but I heard that gigabyte is not reliable and stable these days. I don't know if this is true or not?
The only real issue the Gigabyte x570 Aorus motherboards suffered from was a cold boot issue possibly caused by using QFlash to update the BIOS without a CPU installed which apparently caused BIOS corruption. Since the beginning of the year those issues seem to have disappeared with newer BIOS updates. Not everyone experienced the issue, no new reports of this happening seem to have appeared and the people who did have the problem no longer have the problem.

I personally never had the issue show up and the Aorus Pro Wifi has been rock solid stable for me. I've been running it since March.

Tomahawk is not a particularly good motherboard for overclocking. It has weak vrm'smeanig the vrm runs very hot when overlcocking and could cause a reboot. Better to spend about $370 ton$380 for a MSI MEG ACE X570. Better built motherboard if you are an overclocker. If not theTomahawk will do.

The only real issue the Gigabyte x570 Aorus motherboards suffered from was a cold boot issue possibly caused by using QFlash to update the BIOS without a CPU installed which apparently caused BIOS corruption. Since the beginning of the year those issues seem to have disappeared with newer BIOS updates. Not everyone experienced the issue, no new reports of this happening seem to have appeared and the people who did have the problem no longer have the problem.

I personally never had the issue show up and the Aorus Pro Wifi has been rock solid stable for me. I've been running it since March.
That issue has been resolved it looks like a little while back. I personally been running one since the 3950x came out and never experienced the issue myself. I had a minor issue where it would fail to boot and would reset the bios when I first got it. That issue was quickly resolved by a bios update not long after I got it. It has been solid since. I would personally got with a Asus hero dark if I was buying right now. Just know you are buying into a dead platform.

Tomahawk is not a particularly good motherboard for overclocking. It has weak vrm'smeanig the vrm runs very hot when overlcocking and could cause a reboot. Better to spend about $370 ton$380 for a MSI MEG ACE X570. Better built motherboard if you are an overclocker. If not theTomahawk will do.
Originally I was going to return the Tomahawk when I got the Dark Hero. I liked that it didn’t have a chipset fan but when the Dark Hero died I installed the Tomahawk. The only time I overclocked was way back when I had an Athalon. With todays processors I never felt the need to overclock So it’s not an issue for me with the Tomahawk. Perfectly happy as long as I have a system that’s completely stable at stock speeds. the Tomahawk gives me that so I think I’ll be good for a number of years.

hi,

thank you.

Out of curiosity, before you replace your CH VI Hero...

Have you Q-Flashed the lasted CH VI BIOS? I've found it to be very problem free, and that board supports Ryzen CPUs all the way up to the 3950X. And with the 5950Xs out, people have been having fire sales on those 3950X chips - you can definitely find deals on them for ~$400.

I mean, it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.

Out of curiosity, before you replace your CH VI Hero...

Have you Q-Flashed the lasted CH VI BIOS? I've found it to be very problem free, and that board supports Ryzen CPUs all the way up to the 3950X. And with the 5950Xs out, people have been having fire sales on those 3950X chips - you can definitely find deals on them for ~$400.

I mean, it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it yet.
Please share your source for ~$400 3950x

Aorus x570 Ultra owner here, have had since release. Have had 0 real issues beyond initial bios bugs with power consumption. Have upgraded from 3700x to a 5900x and an EVGA 1080FTW2 to an AMD 6900XT. The only caveat is that I've had 2 EK 360 AIO pumps fail to start from resume (swapped the 1st thinking it was the device, but I did read about a user having this issue, but only after updating the bios), but start fine from a powered down state, regardless of header and speed setting. I now shut down at night, but it boots so fast it does not matter. Running 5900x at PBO2 -20 on all cores and my Ballistix 3200 at 3600 with no changes to timing and IF at 1800 as well. I did set the SOC voltage to 1.10, but had to also use a more aggressive LLC setting for the SOC voltage, otherwise it undervolted to about 1.06 which was not stable.

Back