30 Thousand Members On Reddit.

Yeah the hype is getting pretty extreme. Mostly justified I am hoping. I'm very eager to get my hands messy in linux setting up all my normal go to applications.

Really curious on how Steam OS will handle external applications into their streamlined interface. Hopefully external applications will integrate just as seamlessly.

Yeah, and meanwhile Raspberry Pi sub reddit has 2.5 million members.

It's a lot more members than SBC Gaming (Chinese ARM boxes running customized Ubuntu,) but it's nowhere near mainstream-popularity.

Most of the people who preorderd Steam Deck will leave i hooked up as an HTPC for 99% of it's life (it's just a Steam Link replacement)

Last edited:
Yeah, and meanwhile Raspberry Pi sub reddit has 2.5 million members.

Ohh no, say it isn’t so! A community dedicated to hardware releases 9 years ago, has more members than a piece of hardware officially announced in 2021!

Most of the people who preorderd Steam Deck will leave i hooked up as an HTPC for 99% of it's life (it's just a Steam Link replacement)

How so? I mean, at least I can play my Steam Deck on my flight from Italy to Portugal. Ever try that with the steam link? Just get a blue welcome screen for hours on end…. Like it requires more hardware to properly be used….

As for my use case, I can't say he's wrong. My PSP Go for most of it's life has been hooked up to the TV with a PS3 controller linked to it. My Switch is docked to the TV with a wireless controller. It's difficult for me to imagine a Steam Deck being treated much differently. It would still get used plenty, and the added ability to grab and go when traveling is the entire reason I'd buy it, but docked would be how it spends most of it's life.

Back