30 P3's in the FS/FT Forum

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
It's just not right when you already have more crappers than that going right now...

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
Thye got them screws in the side panel with the large head which never seems to fit right? The tabs things on the top/bottom of the side panel which always were smarter than I am.

AtomicMoose

[H]F Junkie
marty9876 said:
Thye got them screws in the side panel with the large head which never seems to fit right? The tabs things on the top/bottom of the side panel which always were smarter than I am.
Let's just put it this way...I was happy when Micron went under.
:cool:

MN Scout

Supreme [H]ardness
I just don't like the specs of 500mhz. I might think about it if it was around 1ghz. It's just not fast enough. Even for web surfing etc.

bob

2[H]4U
$60-70 for a P3-500... No thanks. Maybe id go for that 4 years ago, but considering what can be had on newegg, its just not worth it.

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
here's what we do. buy them all and then link them together to create a time machine

THAN, we go foward in time 10,000 years where items like these are considered relics and are put in museums. sell them for trillions of dollars (not adjusted for inflation) in CASH, bring the money back and buy billions of PCs and a nuclear powerplant.

FighterAce124

2[H]4U
You put alot of thought into that, didnt you? :p I'm down for it! :D And if you want P3 and early P4 models, go down to the city dump tech drop off point, I plan to again in a few weeks, you can usually get quite a few working parts in one trip for free. You just get looked at like you're an idiot for scavenging through the garbage.

I had a few P3 boxes running that were way better then those and I don't think its worth it. Unless you have free power or have a load of cash to pay your power bill the price to performance ratio is too low. I had a dually P3 733 running but it could only crank out 2 units ever 2 or 3 days. The single P3 1 ghz box was about the same. Plus a lot of the cores with really bog down a P3. 4 days without a workunit doesn't really justify leaving it on. For folding boxes I don't plan on going lower then a Athlon XP 2000.

If power is free though leave everything on! 20 old machines dropping in the same 2 or 3 day period is sweet.

bob

2[H]4U
FighterAce124 said:
You put alot of thought into that, didnt you? :p I'm down for it! :D And if you want P3 and early P4 models, go down to the city dump tech drop off point, I plan to again in a few weeks, you can usually get quite a few working parts in one trip for free. You just get looked at like you're an idiot for scavenging through the garbage.

Seems washington must be the only state that doesnt have anything :(.