30 New CS Source Pics (not hl2.net's)

inotocracy

Supreme [H]ardness
Please tell me that guy was on lowest texture detail... those are the most bland textures I've ever seen.

Good sweet god, he took like 10 pictures of himself shooting that terrorist.

This looks like normal CS with a texture and model replacement pack. The models are all fairly low poly, and the textures just plain suck. I don't play CS though, so I don't really care; at least they seem to have spent plenty of time making HL2 look good.

Uh, thats deff running on a low end system on probably the lowest settings b/c I saw a ton of pics with way better textures/lighting....still, not the best looking game. We were spoiled by Doom 3 and Far Cry :D Oh well, HL2 will have better gameplay than both of those games, just wish the graphics were good :(

Thats depressing looking.... I thought i was still looking at HL1 screenshots...

...say it aint so!

*goes back to Doom3*

Joose said:
Thats depressing looking.... I thought i was still looking at HL1 screenshots...

...say it aint so!

*goes back to Doom3*

It ain't so, there are other pics that are high res that look great, not that great, but great.

I fail to see the reason to have sixty screenshots if the quality is set to minimum. It's a waste of space and time. It's so... blah. These particular shots do nothing for me.

Updated initial post, there is a high quality directory-- they still dont look that great though.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Uh, thats deff running on a low end system on probably the lowest settings b/c I saw a ton of pics with way better textures/lighting....still, not the best looking game. We were spoiled by Doom 3 and Far Cry :D Oh well, HL2 will have better gameplay than both of those games, just wish the graphics were good :(

*sigh* I hate to sound like an ass, but I have to say it; how do you know this? For all we know, Half-Life 2 could turn out to have terrible gameplay. No one will know until the final product is released. So curb the !!!!!!ism :rolleyes:

Edit: Now why in God's name would THAT be censored when hardly anything else is?

Lets not forget this...
1092268768_hl2-2004-08-11-19-26-33-65.jpg

Great effects... If you really are going to not like CSS Because the graphics look like crap, then why do you like CS in the first place?
Back to doom 3? Right, Thats the vise-versa of CSS.. Great graphics, but Gameplay? Not so great.

inotocracy said:
Updated initial post, there is a high quality directory-- they still dont look that great though.

Yes indeed.... terribly disappointed :(

Guys, I hate to bring to to your attention, but not everyone has an overclocked 6800 Ultra that can play any next-gen FPS in 1600 x 1200 with AA/AF cranked up. :)

I'm just hoping it will be fun. :cool:

I really could care less about the graphics. As long as they are anything better than the current CS, I will be happy. I'm into CS for the game play and speed etc.

Well I'll at least be fair and show both sides of his arguement...

de_dust0028.jpg

VS.
Doom%203%20(25).jpg

If these pictures are too hard to tell a difference.. Counter-Strike is the top picture, and Doom 3 is the bottom.

WhoCares said:
Sorry FOX, But they arent.
Haha, I'd have to agree at this point, but I think we really have to wait until both games are out before start trying trying to make such statements. Yeah the pics don't seem that great though, which is a bummer for fans of CS, but I never play the game, I just hope HL2 looks better than that, if I choose to pick it up.

Say it with me. Beta. I'm not saying the final is going to be the next best thing since 3D graphics, but you never know if that is at low quality settings or whether they are final models.

Since when has Counterstrike been about graphics anyways...

Just a reminder; This is Counterstrike: Source

It wasn't designed from the ground up with the Source engine, it was thrown in a pot and stirred together.

If Counterstrike 2 looks like this, your complaining will be justified...

I totally agree with you guys about the gameplay factor, Ive been a CSer for 4 years now, and No game has captivated me nearly as much as CS. Its about the gameplay, as I stated earlier. However, With the comment like CSS's graphics are better then doom 3 and Far Cry, How couldn't you take the opportunity by the balls? :p

Hey, did you notice I said HL2, not CSS?

YES! Let's post screenshots of BETA Counterstrike Source (which has worse graphics than HL2 because of it's multiplayer qualities) at 800x600 on a crappy low end system, and try to compare them to Doom 3 at 1600x1200 on a high-end system with better graphic settings! THAT'S SUCH AN ACCURATE COMPARISON!

I've seen the HL2 screenshots/videos, I've played doom 3. HL2's physics and graphics look MUCH better to me.

I also think doom 3 and far cry both have such a "plastic" look to them, like I'm playing a very pissed off version of Toy Story.

I could care less. CS with the physics will be awsome. No more barrel and crate whores.

harmonic said:
Hey, did you notice I said HL2, not CSS?

YES! Let's post screenshots of BETA Counterstrike Source (which has worse graphics than HL2 because of it's multiplayer qualities) at 800x600 on a crappy low end system, and try to compare them to Doom 3 at 1600x1200 on a high-end system with better graphic settings! THAT'S SUCH AN ACCURATE COMPARISON!

I've seen the HL2 screenshots/videos, I've played doom 3. HL2's physics and graphics look MUCH better to me.

I also think doom 3 and far cry both have such a "plastic" look to them, like I'm playing a very pissed off version of Toy Story.

Well.. personally I don't think the graphics will be better BUT I did try the HL2 leak for kicks and I do say, it was really impressive the way each object had its own weight and the way all the objects interacted was very realistic and appealing.

harmonic said:
Right. Lets start with the fact that most people will play CS on a low resolution for size / xhair differences. I know few people who play CS on anything higher then 1024x768, and with the direct port to the engine, I dont think it will change.

Lets also not forget the fact that the SS I posted was 1024x768, NOT 1600x1200.

WhoCares said:
Right. Lets start with the fact that most people will play CS on a low resolution for size / xhair differences. I know few people who play CS on anything higher then 1024x768, and with the direct port to the engine, I dont think it will change.

Ok you're right. I play CS at 800x600 because that's what I'm used to. But that doesn't mean you should compare the quailty that I play at to a high quality doom3 screenshot. Also, he was saying the doom3 screenshot was 1600x1200, which it is.

harmonic said:
TELL ME THOSE GRAPHICS ARE BAD, and you're a liar.

Those graphics are good, However, Not too comparable to doom 3 and its lighting/bump mapping.

You guys are taking this too far, I definately agree 100% That Half-Life 2 and CSS will prevail in gameplay. But to make the comment that its better graphics the Doom 3 is insane. Half-Life 2 will be a pioneer in physics, Doom 3 will be a pioneer in graphics.

dudewth said:
Ok you're right. I play CS at 800x600 because that's what I'm used to. But that doesn't mean you should compare the quailty that I play at to a high quality doom3 screenshot. Also, he was saying the doom3 screenshot was 1600x1200, which it is.

Wow, you have common sense! Finally someone.

WhoCares said:
Those graphics are good, However, Not too comparable to doom 3 and its lighting/bump mapping.

You guys are taking this too far, I definately agree 100% That Half-Life 2 and CSS will prevail in gameplay. But to make the comment that its better graphics the Doom 3 is insane. Half-Life 2 will be a pioneer in physics, Doom 3 will be a pioneer in graphics.

It's not insane... I will accept it if you want to say they are close on graphic quality, but to act like doom3 or farcry owns hl2 at graphics, you've got to be kidding me.

WhoCares said:

Yeah pretty much. I don't think the physics are that much better, maybe used differently and more to interact with, but hopefully both will provide a pretty good gaming experience, at least for me. I'm having fun with Doom 3, hopefully Half-Life 2 will give me a great experience as well, that is all I care about.

Edited a grip of times since I couldn't word anything right.

WhoCares said:

Uhm, it really looks like 16x12 to me. Maybe thats just because when I right click on it, it says 1600x1200, or maybe the fact that it's bigger than my 1280x1024 desktop.

Sorry about the 1024x768 comment, I was wrong.

However, I still stand behind my graphics comment, I think thats the one thing Doom 3 had an edge on against other games. I am purchasing CZ In a few hours for the CSS Beta :) After playing it in a few days, I will get back to you and admit I was wrong on max quality vs. Doom 3... Not the models, the effects, since thats what it has to do with HL2.

Back