30" Monitor Arms

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
Any recommendations for monitor arms that support 30 inchers that weigh ~20 lb (Dell U3011)? Preferably, ones that mount to the desk. I've been looking specifically on Monoprice and nothing seems to appeal to the 30 inchers... thanks

Human Scale makes the M8 arm which can support up to 42lbs. I would get an arm that can support quite a bit more than the weight of your monitor just to be sure. The last thing you want to have happen is your 30" to come crashing down on your desk. I have also heard that you should stay away from pneumatic arms because they can fail suddenly. I am looking at getting the M8 for the new NEC PA301W.

Human Scale = 10yr 24/7 warranty

http://www.humanscale.com/products/category_detail.cfm?category=monitor_arms

Last edited:
Nice find, this is sorta exactly what I was looking for. Love the customization options :)

I have an ergotron MX that does the job. I also put it on a 2.5" riser block so I can do portrait with it.

Edit:
I am building monitor arm for 3x30" right now so I will be selling the ergotron in a few weeks.

Last edited:
I have an ergotron MX that does the job. I also put it on a 2.5" riser block so I can do portrait with it.

Edit:
I am building monitor arm for 3x30" right now so I will be selling the ergotron in a few weeks.

Ah nice... can you let me know when you sell it? I might be willing to take it off your hands :)

EDIT: Do you have an estimate on how soon you can sell it? I actually might need one sooner than that.

Last edited:
Back