$30 - Centon 64GB DataStick Sport

OrangeWolf

Gawd
I think this is a good deal (?) -- a quick google informs me that they usually got for more like $55 anyway. Though I'm not sure of the quality of the drive.

$29.99 - Centon 64GB DataStick Sport ($5 shipping, but you can buy up to 3 I think and only pay the shipping once)

The deal is on woot.com so it is for today only.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the proper specs on the device, though I am posting most of it here.

Centon RCDSW64GB-001 64GB DataStick Sport Drive
  • Centon’s DataStick Sport is the perfect drive to withstand the bumps and bruises of the daily grind
  • Built with a waterproof and shock silicon resistant case, this drive is guaranteed to keep your important data safe
  • USB flash drives are small external hard drives that can easily be connected to computer peripherals such as keyboards, mice, printers, and digital cameras to conveniently store, share and transfer your data
  • Waterproof up to 1.8M
  • Shock Resistant Silicon Casing
  • Leak-proof Cap Design
  • Carabineer Clip
Specifications Technology: Waterproof USB Capacity: 64GB Interface: USB 2.0 Speed: Standard Speed Write Speed: 3 MB/s Read Speed: 3 MB/s RoHS: Yes Color: Black Operating Temp: Commercial (0 to 70 C)
I'm debating buying one. Does anyone know firsthand the quality of these? I've had some trouble with a few brands in the past so I have lately stuck to my PNY Attache Flash Drives (as I have yet to have trouble with those), but a 64GB water/shock proof option would be awesome -- if it works as well as they say.

At usb 2.0 with 64 gb I will certainly pass.. It would take like 3 days to utilize the capacity..

They're not horrible depending on the usage, but it's honestly the slowest flash drive I've ever used, ever. Write speeds of <4mb/sec, but it has been pretty reliable. Got one from woot a few months back for $50, relatively happy with it despite the speed issues.

I bought one at 50 bucks a while ago. They're not bad, but I think mine has a couple of bad spots, because the more I fill it up, the more it locks up.

Back