30" 2560x1600 goodness..teh ultmat in teh lazee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

StalkerZER0

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so here are a couple pics of my hp lp3065 using a monitor arm from ergomart so I can float the lcd OVER MY BED!
Wireless keyboard diNovo edge from logitech (whats another 200 bucks?) igesture input pad, kensington trackball........ahhhhh damn I'm spoiled!! :D

]

EDIT: damit!!! photobucket has a size limitation on the images. ARGH! Working to fix now.

Bah, consider that a preview. I will upload these pics to work so I can work on them tommorow. Then I will either find another free hosting site with larger pic limitations or pay for photobucket's pro plan.

Ok, here are some standard size pics. And don't you dare say nuthing bout my messy room! :D

that's awesome! I never realized how damn big those monitors are until now haha.

I was thinking the same thing..

Completely Awesome= Umm..extra room,den,attic in HIS house
Completely Pathetic=Moms basement..

my apartment actually. It sucks but...its home. :)

EDIT: allright! so i shoulda cleaned the room up some first. I'll take better pics when I can.

Please tell me you *at least* own some bedsheets, man...

Maybe instead of the 30" LCD, you could have spent your money on improving the third-world decor of your apartment instead?

Please tell me you *at least* own some bedsheets, man...

Maybe instead of the 30" LCD, you could have spent your money on improving the third-world decor of your apartment instead?

omg! yes I have sheets dammit! Gawd, ok so i was lazy in preparing for the pics. I shoulda cleaned room.
Bah, nevermind.

whats wrong with gaming or using your pc in bed, how is it different than sitting in a chair? if its more comfortable for him then so be it, not for me to judge

whats wrong with gaming or using your pc in bed, how is it different than sitting in a chair? if its more comfortable for him then so be it, not for me to judge

I've got lower back problems from an injury a couple years back. Its easier for me this way. Anyways, people are more interested in the decor than the hardware so I'm just going to delete the whole damn thread. Wasted my whole bloody evening trying to take the stupid pics too. Oh well.
I'm sorry to have offended anybody.

I've got lower back problems from an injury a couple years back. Its easier for me this way. Anyways, people are more interested in the decor than the hardware so I'm just going to delete the whole damn thread. Wasted my whole bloody evening trying to take the stupid pics too. Oh well.

Lighten up man..I dont think anyone is being offensive or offended.Just some friendly ribbing from what I see.You knew the room would attract responses..Enjoy the setup!!:p

Yeah......yeah thats right I am enjoying! :)
Its more than simply enjoying though. Now I can use the computer for an extended amount of time without pain! If I want convenience dammit then I'm going to pay for it and get it.
Oh, and I'm getting a freaking tempurpedic queen sized bed setup with the tax return to help with the back too.
And I'll throw in a couple bucks for the sheets as well. :rolleyes:

Dont listen to these idiots, they're just jealous! C'mon if i remember correctly the first commandment is "you will be lazy as much as you can".... :p i know it's mine at least!

Dont listen to those idiots, they're just jealous! C'mon if i remember correctly the first commandment is "you will be lazy as much as you can".... :p

Trouble is I already had asked the admin to delete the thread. I knew I shoulda just posted pics to the 30incher thread. I'll just post pics at a future date with a better "decor" for the guys who wanted to see the monitor arm floating a giant 30 inch lcd.

Trouble is I already had asked the admin to delete the thread. I knew I shoulda just posted pics to the 30incher thread. I'll just post pics at a future date with a better "decor" for the guys who wanted to see the monitor arm over the bed n stuff.

monitor arm over the bed... that sounds almost naughty! :p

monitor arm over the bed... that sounds almost naughty! :p

haha just corrected the post. But ya. hence the thread title. 30 inch monitor floating over the bed for the ultimate in convenience/laziness.
I had to settle for the ergomart arm. But I was looking hard for an A.I. controlled robotic arm that would adjust its position according to my cybernetic commands. :D

I missed the pics, but would like to see it. I want to eventually do the same thing with a Lazy boy. Though right now, I don't have the monitor, the arm or the lazyboy. :)

I missed the pics, but would like to see it. I want to eventually do the same thing with a Lazy boy. Though right now, I don't have the monitor, the arm or the lazyboy. :)

My ultimate plan is to buy a panasonic massaging chair for only $1500.00 :) and mount the monitor arm onto either a stationary pole or something with wheels.....wireless keyboard/mouse......OH, and don't forget the 52 inch lcd tv also mounted on a wheeled stand! :D
Yes, the apartment sucks. But I can gild my cage if I want to! :p

EDIT: Just to clarify I can't afford all that stuff yet. Got bills to pay, possibly might be moving out of the city and possibly might be going back to college. But my long term materialistic desires is as stated above.

My ultimate plan is to buy a panasonic massaging chair for only $1500.00 :) and mount the monitor arm onto either a stationary pole or something with wheels.....wireless keyboard/mouse......OH, and don't forget the 52 inch lcd tv also mounted on a wheeled stand! :D
Yes, the apartment sucks. But I can gild my cage if I want to! :p

NOW you are talking... imagine it.. ahhhh can almost taste the awesomeness!!! lol

NOW you are talking... imagine it.. ahhhh can almost taste the awesomeness!!! lol

haha. re-read the post though it was edited. I can't afford all that stuff yet. I could spend money to get some of that stuff which is what I want.......teh ultimat setup. But I might have to save up to move or go back to school. Not sure yet whats happening. But in the meantime I'm buying a piece here and there till the ultimat setup is achieved.
I wonder.....maybe I could get one of those old ergonomic chairs from a rocket ship from the sixties cheap off of ebay..........YAAA! :D

my self i'm waiting to build a complete new system.. but dammit ATI is making me wait for their DX10 card(to make the best choice between them and NVIDIA) so i cannot buy anything yet(would be useless...) and also waiting to see the new viewsonic 24'' or 28'' if they are better than benq's FP241W..... god i hate waiting!!! lol

p.s. do you know a good place for wallmounts/monitor arm ? (haven't started searching yet)

my self i'm waiting to build a complete new system.. but dammit ATI is making me wait for their DX10 card(to make the best choice between them and NVIDIA) so i cannot buy anything yet(would be useless...) and also waiting to see the new viewsonic 24'' or 28'' if they are better than benq's FP241W..... god i hate waiting!!! lol

p.s. do you know a good place for wallmounts/monitor arm ? (haven't started searching yet)

ergotron.com, ergomart.com, lcdarms.com all good places to start looking. Check out the $800 buck wheeled mounts for super large lcd or plasma tvs from ergotron. Heh heh. :cool:

*sigh*

Ok, here is the money shot again. And yes my room is teh suck but its my room......for now.
Note that its two pics merged for a panoramic view.

finalwide6.jpg

Stalker? What the hell are you doing?

You use your computer like that? From your bed? That can't be comfortable for long periods of time.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people will have $6,000 worth of computer hardware sitting on a $69.99 desk. For fuck's sake you can get a Jerker or another good solution for less than $199.99.

Stalker? What the hell are you doing?

You use your computer like that? From your bed? That can't be comfortable for long periods of time.

It never ceases to amaze me that some people will have $6,000 worth of computer hardware sitting on a $69.99 desk. For fuck's sake you can get a Jerker or another good solution for less than $199.99.

A jerker what the hell is that? The bed isn't my desk DUH!!
I have a desk already which is what the monitor arm is attached to. But I can only spend so much time on that stupid old office chair in my room til I've had it. When I'm resting I like to have the convenience of that monitor floating above me as well. Originally, the plan was to have the monitor as a tv as well until I learned that it wouldn't support scaling of signals.
So when I'm doing work or whatever at home I'm in the chair. But I'm sorry my back can only take that chair for so long.
Oh, and lets not forget the 8 hours or more I have to tolerate in that stupid herman miller aeron "miracle" chair at work.
When I get home (which is usually late now) I hit the treadmill then I'm off to bed with the monitor a floatin!

Besides, the consensus from all the various forums I've joined over the years is that I am a bit......crazy.
I still don't understand why though. =/

I thought this was a monitor forum not a fashion/design/this-is-what-I-would-do-if-I-were-you forum.

OP, Nice monitor. I can see why most here are jealous.

Jerker is a desk ( i have had one for ever)

The monitor is awesome.. I just bought one myself... waiting for it to arrive :)

Jerker is a desk ( i have had one for ever)

The monitor is awesome.. I just bought one myself... waiting for it to arrive :)

Dude, your going to LOVE your purchase. I mean it. You will be instantly spoiled and it will bring many hours of amusement and dare I say a little joy.

But ok, so I was a little extravagant by mounting a 30" lcd on a monitor arm so I can float it wherever I want. But isn't that the point of owning such a thing in the first place? Extravagance.

When I want to work at the desk I just swing it back and position it over the desk. And because the bed is nearby, I simply swing it back over when I need it there. I had really hoped that I could connect directtv to the monitor so it could serve as a 2nd tv. But that isn't working out. Still though, the EXTREME convenience/extravagance of using a 30" display wherever you want in your room is quite amusing.
Tonight I'm gonna get on my road bike/trainer setup and stretch the display towards it so I can train and watch a spinervals training dvd at the same time. :D

A jerker what the hell is that? The bed isn't my desk DUH!!
I have a desk already which is what the monitor arm is attached to. But I can only spend so much time on that stupid old office chair in my room til I've had it. When I'm resting I like to have the convenience of that monitor floating above me as well. Originally, the plan was to have the monitor as a tv as well until I learned that it wouldn't support scaling of signals.
So when I'm doing work or whatever at home I'm in the chair. But I'm sorry my back can only take that chair for so long.
Oh, and lets not forget the 8 hours or more I have to tolerate in that stupid herman miller aeron "miracle" chair at work.
When I get home (which is usually late now) I hit the treadmill then I'm off to bed with the monitor a floatin!

Besides, the consensus from all the various forums I've joined over the years is that I am a bit......crazy.
I still don't understand why though. =/

I couldn't stand to lay in bed and play FPS games. Your positioning is all wrong. That would bug the crap out of me.

Furthermore,
the whole classic design/theory of a big stupid wooden or metal giant oak Spacely spacesprocket/mr. executive office crap desk and uncomfortable office chair is just getting plain OLD!
Why do I need that setup to enjoy and work with a pc for anything that I need done? It doesn't need to be just games but any apps. As soon as I can rearrange my room and redecorate I'm going to get rid of the damn desk once and for all!
I'm gonna invest in an ergonomic chair of some sort. Maybe a full body massage chair from panasonic or one of them from the sharper image catalog. Then mount the lcd to a pole and get an attachment/mount for a keyboard and mouse.
ergotron,ergomart,lcdarms.....gonna get some more of their products I think.

And for gawd sakes I'm gonna get rid of all them damn usb cables too! Wireless usb where the hell are you?
See? Here is a vendor thats thinking along the same lines and I'm sure they aren't the only ones.
imedia-multimedia-chair_12.jpg

http://www.empowertechnologies.com/mediachair.html

I couldn't stand to lay in bed and play FPS games. Your positioning is all wrong. That would bug the crap out of me.

Well thats for the evening when I'm bout to go to sleep. Until then the lcd arm is swung over by the desk/office chair. But lately I'm finding less and less of a reason to keep that old fashioned setup.

Well thats for the evening when I'm bout to go to sleep. Until then the lcd arm is swung over by the desk/office chair. But lately I'm finding less and less of a reason to keep that old fashioned setup.

You are just an odd cookie. If you get the right desk, the right chair, keyboard and mouse sitting at a desk can be perfectly comfortable for long periods.

You are just an odd cookie. If you get the right desk, the right chair, keyboard and mouse sitting at a desk can be perfectly comfortable for long periods.

Oh, I don't disagree. But one step at a time. I can't just buy a whole set of furniture just like I want all at the same time. Getting the monitor/lcd arm/video card was hard enough. Now I'm going to rebuild my room with furniture that compliments the monitor setup.
How about something like this? Then all I would have to do is get the mounts for the keyboard and the monitor stand. To hell with convention I say!

Interactive Health - Touch Sonic Perfect Chair in Leather Match
IU1020_l.jpg

Or how about something like this? Then all I would have to do is get the mounts for the keyboard and the monitor stand. To hell with convention I say!

Interactive Health - Touch Sonic Perfect Chair in Leather Match
IU1020_l.jpg

You are just odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back